PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I snipped a little to shorten the post. Regarding the bolded part, was JI deceptive on some of the lie-detector questions but not having any evidence there is nothing that can be done. Has JI ever stated the result of his lie-detector test? Seems to me if I passed I would shout it out. Silence on the subject would be telling, IMHO. In the attached article Richard's father talks about Richard telling him JI called him many times a few days prior to them going missing telling him to stay away from his wife. It has been stated Danielle took a break from both men in the weeks prior to going missing. I have to go back an find out why she was separated from her husband. I know I read it but cannot remember. I did read article that was an interview with JI (cannot find it right now but will keep looking) where he seemed to just whine about poor him and how awful it was that people thought he could do such a thing but nothing really about hoping Danielle was found and justice is served. Anyway just my ramblings for the day. ALL MOO AND IMHO!!

After 10 years, still no sign of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo
JI has never provided details regarding a poly g. test, and neither has LE beyond the FBI agent reporting that one was administered.

JI cheated on DI, even left her for a while then when that fling didn't work out he asked DI to reconcile. Using JI's phrase, he "*advertiser censored***d up".

I've not seen reports on whether or not family or LE checked RP's apartment to determine if the couple arrived to that location the night they went missing. I'm sure it must have been checked but it seems strange information regarding such a check made it to the media... wondering if there is a reason.

There might be a variable of which we might not be aware, such as, did the couple decide not to go straight to whomever's home but decided to go elsewhere. Given what I know (some experience) about local bands culture it is likely DI had friends in bands playing that evening, and may have suggested to RP that they go for a visit and listen.

Did LE check other venues in the general area to determine if the couple went for a 'pub crawl' ('bar-hopping') before heading for the truck, not necessarily to drink but to check local bands? Given there ages (not teens out for a night of drinking) and there responsibilities (children and appointments and/or plans for the following day) this is not likely, but it is possible. If the couple did not go straight to home, whom may have they encountered that would lead to their complete disappearance? I suggest this because their 'date' that evening was not planned before that afternoon/evening.

I know this might be a long shot, but does anyone think that Israel Keyes could have been involved? I'm listening to the True Crime Bullsh** podcast at the moment and it kind of fits. Keyes liked to cross state lines during crimes and had a property in New York state. He has confessed to targeting couples too.

Do we know the exact address for both of them? Some quick Google Earth searches yielded spots where a truck or car could have been disposed into a lake, such as into Strawbridge Lake via Nixon Drive off of Rte 38.
Strawbridge Lake is not that deep so I don’t think a vehicle could remain hidden there this long. It was originally a swampy area by Hooten and Pennsauken Creeks. The property was donated to Moorestown by the Strawbridge Family (Strawbridge & Clothier) and was turned into a lake as a work project during the Depression.

A 1993 environmental study of the lake notes the average depth is 2.4 feet and a maximum depth of 8.0 feet - which is likely by the dam at Kings Hwy.

Mount Laurel has a very high water table and there are several bodies of water near Danielle’s condo in Brittany Commons (5018 A Dunbarton Rd, Mount Laurel). Parker’s Creek runs somewhat alongside the development but it, too, is not all that deep. Parker’s Creek continues South but that are is pretty swampy and shallow - so much so that it’s an ongoing problem that Union Mill Rd and Hartford Rd often have to be closed due to flooding when it rains. I’ll try to post a few screenshots.

Honestly, though, I don’t think they ever made it back to NJ.

Strawbridge Lake is not that deep so I don’t think a vehicle could remain hidden there this long. It was originally a swampy area by Hooten and Pennsauken Creeks. The property was donated to Moorestown by the Strawbridge Family (Strawbridge & Clothier) and was turned into a lake as a work project during the Depression.

A 1993 environmental study of the lake notes the average depth is 2.4 feet and a maximum depth of 8.0 feet - which is likely by the dam at Kings Hwy.

Mount Laurel has a very high water table and there are several bodies of water near Danielle’s condo in Brittany Commons (5018 A Dunbarton Rd, Mount Laurel). Parker’s Creek runs somewhat alongside the development but it, too, is not all that deep. Parker’s Creek continues South but that are is pretty swampy and shallow - so much so that it’s an ongoing problem that Union Mill Rd and Hartford Rd often have to be closed due to flooding when it rains. I’ll try to post a few screenshots.

Honestly, though, I don’t think they ever made it back to NJ.
Attached are two maps. Danielle's condo is marked by the red "house". You can see how Parker's Creek is nearby, however I don't think it would be deep enough to hide a truck as this area is pretty shallow and swampy.

Attachments

• DI and RP map 2.png
    DI and RP map 2.png
    982.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DI and RP map 1.png
    DI and RP map 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 12
bbm

Article from 2015, updated in 2019:

'Promising' leads in cold case involving disappearance of Mt. Laurel woman, friend from Philadelphia bar
Given the logical route from South Street to Mount Laurel -- a roughly 30-minute and 20-mile trip -- the exhaustive searches of the area and possible accident investigatons [sic] came up empty. Video footage from bridge toll plazas turned up nothing, as did searches of the Delaware River.

"We feel this was an orchestrated act," said Zajac. "We need to be open to all possible leads out there."

"I think the leads we have uncovered over the past two years confirm out thoughts that this is an act carried out by more than one person," he continued, noting that follow-up interviews with those questioned years ago were likely.

It's reported that extensive searches (waterways and accident reports) and bridge toll plaza video revealed nothing, so might we assume the couple never made it across the Pennsylvania/New Jersey border?

Re: "orchestrated act", "leads we uncovered", "act carried out by more than one person".

So, we have a conspiracy.

"Follow-up interviews".

===

R and D's 'date night' was reported as an impromptu occurrence.

If this was a conspiracy:

►One or both individuals were likely being monitored/surveilled. How?
►Who would have had access to such (2005) technology? Methodology?
►Who assisted?
►Who was close to them on a regular basis?
►The perpetrators would had to have been prepared to act on a moment's notice.
►What was the motive? By who?
►Both R and D would had to have been targeted (when would be a next opportunity they would be together?).

Motive, and access to, either directly or indirectly, surveillance?
A seemingly obvious answer but, to date, it's gone nowhere. Repeated denials and lack of evidence have prevailed.

The link gives me a page not found response. Could anyone summarize?

Thank you. xo

The link gives me a page not found response. Could anyone summarize?

Thank you. xo
I am not very good at this. It was a video.
New interviews with:
Danielle's brother
Richard's daughter, father and sister (sister is also Danielle's best friend)
Vito Roselli - FBI Agent

Vito Roselli believes foul play, murder, said multiple times "people" know what happened. Has a solid direction, lots of information, may have the silver bullet. He has not found anything in their past that would warrant this. He has not closed anyone or discounted anyone including Danielle's husband. He did have an alibi. Rumor that a prisoner (Robert Carey) left a suicide note mentioning Danielle and Richard. This was just a rumor. Anthony Rodesky murdered a couple other people around the same time. His home was searched, was a POI and has not been ruled out. Stated it could also be random but this would be complicated. You would have to know the right people to assist with the disappearance of a big truck and two people.

Danielle's friend and brother said divorce was very difficult for her. She lost lots of weight, down to 85 pounds, was chain smoking and not sleeping.

If anyone remembers anything else, please add!

bbm

Article from 2015, updated in 2019:

'Promising' leads in cold case involving disappearance of Mt. Laurel woman, friend from Philadelphia bar

It's reported that extensive searches (waterways and accident reports) and bridge toll plaza video revealed nothing, so might we assume the couple never made it across the Pennsylvania/New Jersey border?

Re: "orchestrated act", "leads we uncovered", "act carried out by more than one person".

So, we have a conspiracy.

"Follow-up interviews".

===

R and D's 'date night' was reported as an impromptu occurrence.

If this was a conspiracy:

►One or both individuals were likely being monitored/surveilled. How?
►Who would have had access to such (2005) technology? Methodology?
►Who assisted?
►Who was close to them on a regular basis?
►The perpetrators would had to have been prepared to act on a moment's notice.
►What was the motive? By who?
►Both R and D would had to have been targeted (when would be a next opportunity they would be together?).

Motive, and access to, either directly or indirectly, surveillance?
A seemingly obvious answer but, to date, it's gone nowhere. Repeated denials and lack of evidence have prevailed.
If it was a spur of the moment decision about where to go that night they either had to have been watched and/or have a tracking device on a vehicle. (Did Danielle have a car? If so, such an person would have to put a tracker on hers as well. I'm willing to bet LE did not look at her car or at least before such a device could be removed.) I can't help but believe that if the truck was scrapped, the killer would likely have an accomplice at a salvage yard to assist - i.e., more than one person knows something. Of course the killer could have driven somewhere along a river and put the truck there in which case they didn't likely need help.

But the motive or whether they were targeted or random is a mystery. And if it was a targeted crime were both the target OR was only one the target and the other was in the wrong place at the wrong time? If it was a random crime then sophisticated surveillance or monitoring would not likely apply here.

I'm still amazed that there was no video from any security camera anywhere or a witness that saw them after they left the establishment.

Were there small tracking things you could put in someone's purse or jacket easily back in 2005? Like stuff you'd buy at a spy store? Slip one into Danielle's purse or into a hat or jacket and hide it?

I have never thought this was random and I've always thought her husband was behind it. Smarmy dude.

Thank you so much for that summary, @ChiCubs2016 .

I'm really hopeful there is forward movement on this case. It's been too long.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member