PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had a brother like John Ottobre. ❤

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I see this kind of thing come up a lot in murder/missing persons cases. It seems that blaming the "pagans" is one of the last acceptable forms of generalization.

Please note that in this case, Pagans are a biker gang. It is not referring to religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know why they suspect murder for hire? Maybe an unexplained large withdrawal from the bank records of someone they have an eye on...?

I saw this story for the first time on Disappeared last night. I think I missed a couple of portions tough. It certainly is perplexing.

They did seem to confirm the last place they were seen. In that bar, right?
The witness there seemed credible and he passed polygraph.
Was there a receipt, credit card proof that they were there? I missed that part.
Is that witness 100% sure it was the couple? I doubt most eyewitness accounts about people they don't know well. If he didn't know them personally, then he could be mistaken. Is there other confirmation they were in that bar?

I heard them say there was no video outside the place. Was there any inside the bar?

Also, did the couple tell people in advance that they were going to that bar?

Had they ever been to that bar before?

Do you recall if LE looked at their medical records? Any mention of medical problems present or in the past? I think they said there were no drug problems. How do they know this for certain. Often people hide substance abuse.

I try to look at what has caused similar couples or families to go missing before without a trace.

Has LE considered that it was a case of MISTAKEN identity? If so, they can figure out who the real target was. That's tough after so many years though.

I saw this story for the first time on Disappeared last night. I think I missed a couple of portions tough. It certainly is perplexing.

They did seem to confirm the last place they were seen. In that bar, right?
The witness there seemed credible and he passed polygraph.
Was there a receipt, credit card proof that they were there? I missed that part.
Is that witness 100% sure it was the couple? I doubt most eyewitness accounts about people they don't know well. If he didn't know them personally, then he could be mistaken. Is there other confirmation they were in that bar?

I heard them say there was no video outside the place. Was there any inside the bar?

Also, did the couple tell people in advance that they were going to that bar?

Had they ever been to that bar before?

Do you recall if LE looked at their medical records? Any mention of medical problems present or in the past? I think they said there were no drug problems. How do they know this for certain. Often people hide substance abuse.

I try to look at what has caused similar couples or families to go missing before without a trace.

Has LE considered that it was a case of MISTAKEN identity? If so, they can figure out who the real target was. That's tough after so many years though.

As to the bolded:

YES, the witnesses were 100% certain it was them. They sat together, spoke to each other, and were on a 'double date.' They planned to meet up with each other there that night.

I guess the confirmation was the testimony of the 2 friends, the lie detector taken by the male, and POSSIBLY credit or ATM receipts from the missing couple that evening.

Also, Danielle had told her sister and Richard's sister that she was going out on a date with Richard that night. But I am not sure if she told them where they were going.

I am still suspicious about the ex-husband---but I'd think that LE could have proven that somehow by now...so ?

Not necessarily-he most likely WAS at the family function, proved by asking everybody there (probably easily verified); but her ex was a cop, and probably knew exactly where to go and who to go to for help in making these two disappear, if he wanted to. Lots of people get away with crimes like this, because they are either extraordinarily lucky or extremely smart in covering their tracks. The Ottobre family had to tread carefully if they wanted to continue to see Danielle's little boy again. I'm not saying that there is evidence that Joe Imbo is a murderer; I'm saying that we know for sure that he was a very bad husband, with a bad temper (the many phone calls to Richard)

The wife's ex lived in NC, right? Or, at least he lives here now with their son.

With the last comment that LE released....I strongly suspect that LE knows more. I suppose that time will tell if they ever get enough evidence for indictments. Sooner or later, somebody will get in a tight squeeze with LE on unrelated matter and offer info up to help themselves out. After all this time, not sure how other evidence would come into play.

Do we know why they suspect murder for hire? Maybe an unexplained large withdrawal from the bank records of someone they have an eye on...?

I just finished watching the episode on Disappeared. When they first mentioned murder for hire, my mind went immediately to someone's bank records, also. Earlier in the episode they mentioned having a large informant circle within the chop shop community. Perhaps they are getting rumors from there. Maybe both bank records and rumors seem to support their theory but there isn't enough to arrest someone because it's all circumstantial.

The wife's ex lived in NC, right? Or, at least he lives here now with their son.

With the last comment that LE released....I strongly suspect that LE knows more. I suppose that time will tell if they ever get enough evidence for indictments. Sooner or later, somebody will get in a tight squeeze with LE on unrelated matter and offer info up to help themselves out. After all this time, not sure how other evidence would come into play.

He moved to NC after the disappearance of the couple, but he was living reasonably close (maybe NJ) at the time they went missing

It sounds like LE think someone paid someone in the Pagan's motorcycle gang to kill them.

Just watched the episode; thought they did a good job. I wish the families would speak. Of course each side will wonder if the other missing person was into something that may have made them a target. Both sides wondered.

I can't decide whether they were in an accident somewhere or were killed for revenge. The cops seem to think murdered so my money would be on the ex who moved out of Jersey at some point. I hope he's been doing a good job caring for their son

I see this kind of thing come up a lot in murder/missing persons cases. It seems that blaming the "pagans" is one of the last acceptable forms of generalization. I am pagan and have been for more than 25 years. My mother was, as was my grandmother until her death at the age of 80. I a solitary practitioner but I have met with many groups over the years for group rituals and I belong to several online groups numbering 50,000+. For starters, the word "pagan" encompasses a vast array of beliefs, much like the word "Christian." In Christianty, you have the Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, etc. There is no one "pagan religion" where everyone shares the same belief system so generalizing the term is awkward. With that being said, I have never once met a pagan (Wiccan, Druid, or otherwise) that believed in human sacrifice or causing harm to another person. In fact, most believe that whatever you do to someone will come back onto you three times worse. (The Wiccan rede is "harm none.") It has been in my experience that murders that are blamed on Satanic cult activity has little to do with the actual Satanists and generally comes down to a far more personal reason that had nothing to do with a ritual. It has become quite easy to blame this kind of belief system, however, because there is little in the way of educating the public about pagan beliefs so all most people know is based on the media's portrayal of it.

That is a long-winded way of saying that I don't believe there was anything pagan about this disappearance. At first, I leaned toward a car accident. Perhaps they went for a drive or off the normal routes and crashed into a body of water that hasn't been checked yet. My second leaning is the car jacking circle. At any rate, I hope they get some answers soon.
This photo is from the article looked in your post. With that said...I think in many other instances your response is totally valid!
e17acedbad56be31dbd981610134ec2d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This photo is from the article looked in your post. With that said...I think in many other instances your response is totally valid!
e17acedbad56be31dbd981610134ec2d.jpg

Not too far in it says "outlaw motorcycle gang"

Back in July Patrick Treacy, a member of the outlaw motorcycle gang, was questioned about a "double homicide," although the victims were not identified.

Imbo worked for a mortgage company. What did she do?

A contract killing, if that is what it was, could be one of two things:

1. Something very personal, like an incredibly jealous former SO, for either of them.

2. Someone wanting to cover up another crime.

Petrone worked in a family bakery, which is not a hot bed of criminal activity, nor would be likely that there would be a lot of money involved,

A mortgage company could be much different. Suppose she discovered something wrong and somebody wanted her silenced.

I'm just tossing out an idea.

Ex husband...murder for hire...

Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw the episode and was pretty impressed. The episodes this season have not seemed as good (not as informative, leaving many unanswered questions, etc.) as years past but this was a good one.

I really (REALLY) thought Danielle and Richard were in water somewhere until the discussion of the 10 year anniversary and the murder for hire, professional hit story was floated by LE. LE knows more than we do and I have to assume they have something leading them to posit this theory.

ETA: If it was murder for hire and ex husband is connected, why? What's the motive? The episode did not opine much on the status of their (Danielle and her ex) relationship.

Not sure answers will ever come for these families. Heartbreaking.

OT grammar peeve, the biker colors read "Pagan's". Not plural, possessive. So glad the bikers I know and love went to school and paid attention in English class.

Saw the episode and was pretty impressed. The episodes this season have not seemed as good (not as informative, leaving many unanswered questions, etc.) as years past but this was a good one.

I really (REALLY) thought Danielle and Richard were in water somewhere until the discussion of the 10 year anniversary and the murder for hire, professional hit story was floated by LE. LE knows more than we do and I have to assume they have something leading them to posit this theory.

ETA: If it was murder for hire and ex husband is connected, why? What's the motive? The episode did not opine much on the status of their (Danielle and her ex) relationship.

OT grammar peeve, the biker colors read "Pagan's". Not plural, possessive. So glad the bikers I know and love went to school and paid attention in English class.

Just speculation but they had recently divorced/separated and possibly he was unhappy she was seeing someone new?

Purely moo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"OT grammar peeve, the biker colors read "Pagan's". Not plural, possessive. So glad the bikers I know and love went to school and paid attention in English class."

Actually it could be correct.... The person wearing the colors is owned by the Pagan MC.

"OT grammar peeve, the biker colors read "Pagan's". Not plural, possessive. So glad the bikers I know and love went to school and paid attention in English class."

Actually it could be correct.... The person wearing the colors is owned by the Pagan MC.

Right or wrong, that's what their patches say. I never thought about it until now. I spelled it the way the patches are.

It sounds like LE think someone paid someone in the Pagan's motorcycle gang to kill them.

Just watched the episode; thought they did a good job. I wish the families would speak. Of course each side will wonder if the other missing person was into something that may have made them a target. Both sides wondered.

I can't decide whether they were in an accident somewhere or were killed for revenge. The cops seem to think murdered so my money would be on the ex who moved out of Jersey at some point. I hope he's been doing a good job caring for their son

Just watched Disappeared episode. The fact she "backed off" from this new relationship earlier certainly says alot. murder for hire, v good cover up and dirty cops?? imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2