PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'll try that again.

It isn't that easy to make a full size P/U disappear. Sure, a connected hit man could just turn it over To some mob owned w shop. The trouble is that everyone who works there is going to wonder about a perfectly good truck being broken down. The publicity about the disappearances and reward offers start coming in. Someone is going to get a bright Idea and come forward. Same principle any way a hit man might turn a truck over to a third party to "get rid of": it would be giving information about a murder you committed to someone with no culpability in that murder. They could use that information for blackmail, a reward or a get out of jail card. It is something a Pro just wouldn't do.

Putting the vehicle in water isn't that easy either. A car that goes off the road into water accidentally is often going at a high speed and will travel away from shore into deeper water or current. If you push a vehicle into water, perhaps off a pier, it isn't going to travel far and is much more likely to be found.

I can think of only one case (a serial killer in Wyoming, I believe known as the lil' darling murder) where someone was abducted, killed and their body and vehicle concealed. In most cases where someone and their vehicle disappear, it turns out to be an accident. Some cases, of course, are never solved so we don't know.

If they did not have some mishap in the Delaware River near South St., they probably did not drive straight back to Mt. Laurel. The went somewhere else. It was a very cold night. They could have hit a patch of black ice alongside a body of water. I'm guessing they will be found some day.

Is there a case map? I still feel they're in water in Philly. They went somewhere else; had an accident.

Any evidence to suggest they did anything involving the mob that would have risen to the level of having a hit contracted?

No, aside from an ethnic stereotype and disappearing from South Philadelphia. :)

They didn't appear to be involved in anything criminal.

I'm familiar with mob hits in the area, but the people don't usually disappear.

In Philadelphia and for miles east and west, is the Delaware River. There are innumerable places where there would be vehicle access. It is impossible to tell from Google earth where a car could actually drive into the river without encountering a barrier. Why they would be near the river is a bigger question.

A few years ago, in the SF Bay Area, a woman who was on her way to a conference, called her husband to say she was lost. She had pulled into a parking lot of a bayside restaurant that was next to a a small marina with some small boat slips. After checking a map and giving her directions, they hung up. She never made it to the conference, a few blocks away, and appeared to have vanished from the face of the earth.

The investigation lead to the possibility of kidnapping related to international espionage since her husband had business interests in the Middle East.

Months later, during a very low tide, someone on the pier next to the restaurant noticed the roof of a car underwater. She apparently drove off the pier thinking it was a driveway leading back to the main roadway.

I'm not saying this is what happened, only that it is less far fetched than a hit who could make a truck disappear.

In Philadelphia and for miles east and west, is the Delaware River. There are innumerable places where there would be vehicle access. It is impossible to tell from Google earth where a car could actually drive into the river without encountering a barrier. Why they would be near the river is a bigger question.

A few years ago, in the SF Bay Area, a woman who was on her way to a conference, called her husband to say she was lost. She had pulled into a parking lot of a bayside restaurant that was next to a a small marina with some small boat slips. After checking a map and giving her directions, they hung up. She never made it to the conference, a few blocks away, and appeared to have vanished from the face of the earth.

The investigation lead to the possibility of kidnapping related to international espionage since her husband had business interests in the Middle East.

Months later, during a very low tide, someone on the pier next to the restaurant noticed the roof of a car underwater. She apparently drove off the pier thinking it was a driveway leading back to the main roadway.

I'm not saying this is what happened, only that it is less far fetched than a hit who could make a truck disappear.

There are lots of places they could have run off the road & into some woods on the NJ side but they supposedly didn't cross the bridges. I agree the it's very common that people end up in water. How many have we seen in the last year? Lots.

I think there is a distinct possibility that they didn't head directly to NJ. There is a popular area in Philadelphia in the opposite direction. That would lead them to Philadelphia's other river, the Schuylkill, which has a winding drive all along it, where a truck traveling fast could conceivably go into the water. Depending upon the speed it was traveling, it could have landed pretty far offshore. I wonder if investigators ever considered that. These were 2 young people who had just "reunited"...maybe they decided spur of the moment to prolong the night.

I might add that going to the Manayunk area is not a great distance from the area that they were last seen. There's a crosstown expressway that would get the to the River drive in minutes.

I think there is a distinct possibility that they didn't head directly to NJ. There is a popular area in Philadelphia in the opposite direction. That would lead them to Philadelphia's other river, the Schuylkill, which has a winding drive all along it, where a truck traveling fast could conceivably go into the water. Depending upon the speed it was traveling, it could have landed pretty far offshore. I wonder if investigators ever considered that. These were 2 young people who had just "reunited"...maybe they decided spur of the moment to prolong the night.

I might add that going to the Manayunk area is not a great distance from the area that they were last seen. There's a crosstown expressway that would get the to the River drive in minutes.

I think Patrone lived or had family in Havertown. There are places along the the route where conceivably a car could go into the water. The Delaware River would be difficult to access and not leave some indication, at least from South Philadelphia. The Schuykill would be easier.

The problem I have with this being a mob hit is that the car is missing. There have been a number of hits and attempted hits in South Philadelphia, some in cars. The cars are not taken. Sometimes the car will be parked on the street with the body in the trunk.

There is a search scheduled for this weekend of the Schuykill River. They are reaching out to the community for help with searching.

That alibi is almost too perfect. IMO

And where did the ex live in relation to Danielle? I can't imagine taking an 18 month baby to a kids' party 50 miles away. Unless I had a reason I needed to be there. IMO

I agree, it's almost too perfect . I wonder if that's why they believe murder for hire, because of the perfect alibi.

Also from that article:

Imbo took a lie-detector test, but Roselli won’t discuss the results. “I don’t have evidence to arrest Joe” is all he says. “I also have not ruled him out.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/articles/without-a-trace-imbo-petrone/#i1mrSwDBddwAJ6YL.99

11 Years Later, FBI Still Seeking Missing Couple

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/chestnuthill/11-years-later-fbi-still-seeking-missing-couple

It’s been 11 years since Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone Jr. were last seen alive in Philadelphia.

“An extensive investigation to date has generated some promising leads; however, neither the victims nor Petrone’s vehicle have ever been located,” the FBI said in a statement issued on the 11th anniversary of their disappearance.

1 year older, 1 year colder: Renewed plea in missing persons case

That is what the FBI believes...you can google the case or scroll through earlier messages in this thread to read about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks kemo! I just discovered this case from a You Tuber, and he goes into what the FBI thinks (murder plot), and I quess they would know best, but the first thing I thought of is this type of scenario. Water seems to be involved in quite a few of these 'disappeared along with car' cases. It would be a bit better outcome for the families if this were the case...at least one parent would be left....

Wow I didn't know they are refocusing on this case, maybe we will have answers soon!!!

http://www.bigtrial.net/2016/06/imbo-petrone-disappearance-may-be.html

Did the Pagans have something to do with the disappearance of Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone Jr., a couple last seen leaving a bar on South Street 11 years ago?

The FBI may think so.

In a bizarre twist to what is already a bizarre trial, the Imbo-Petrone disappearance and suspected murder may have been alluded to during a tape played at the pill mill trial of Dr. William O'Brien 3d. He is charged with conspiring with the Pagans in a multi-million dollar prescription pill scam.

Back in July Patrick Treacy, a member of the outlaw motorcycle gang, was questioned about a "double homicide," although the victims were not identified.

"I didn't murder nobody," Treacy, 48, said in a taped interview played today for the jury at the pill mill trial. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and was being conducted by FBI Agent Vito Roselli who is handling the Imbo-Petrone investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee