PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe its been 10 years. It feels like just yesterday they disappeared. And Richard's daughter is old enough to get married!! I can't believe how time has flown. I pray the families find the answers they seek.

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...cle_bd5cc7a1-37e8-5382-a4e3-3d31f52a362a.html

Friday will mark a decade since the pair, 34 and 35 at the time, left Abilene’s on Philadelphia’s South Street, where they had driven in Petrone’s pickup truck Feb. 19, 2005.

The FBI’s Philadelphia division is marking the grim milestone with a news conference to announce a renewed effort in the cold case, which has been considered a homicide investigation for several years. The federal agency will work with the Mount Laurel and Philadelphia police departments, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office and the New Jersey State Police to review the case files again for something — anything — that might lead them to a clue...

The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $50,000 reward in exchange for information about the case, which remains an open investigation.

Decade after Mt. Laurel woman, friend disappeared from Philly bar, FBI refocusing on case, report says
Thursday will mark the 10 year anniversary of the disappearance of Danielle Imbo, 34, of Mount Laurel, and her friend Richard Petrone, Jr., 35, of Philadelphia

South Jersey Times By Jessica Beym
on February 17, 2015 at 9:30 AM, updated February 17, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Snipped:

Police said Petrone was supposed to drive Imbo back to her home but they never arrived and family reported them missing the following day. In the decade that's followed, investigators have followed hundreds of leads even as far as Florida and the case was even aired on "America's Most Wanted."

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2015/02/decade_after_mt_laurel_woman_friend_disappeared_fr.html

IT is just crazy.. Praying there is a new lead. I can not believe this was 10 years ago.

Bumping this up for the 10th "anniversary" of Richard and Danielle's disappearance.

I think....car/truck plus a couple missing = they went into water.....moo

In 1971 Cheryl Miller and Pamela Jackson vanished with their car on their way to a bonfire party in South Dakota. Local LE and the FBI came up with a local sex offender as a prime suspect and dug up some of his fathers property. Nothing was found.

In 2014, the car was found in a body of water on the direct route they would have taken. Their remains were in the front seat and there was little doubt they had just run off the road into the water. I suspect Richard's truck will be found under similar circumstances some day.

There are many on this site who are convinced that Danielle's ex or perhaps someone else arranged a profession hit.

I don't claim to know much about the Professional Hit business but I understand that the whole point is to take out the victim in such a way that it cannot be traced to the one who wants it done. There in normally no reason to make the bodies disappear. It would only complicate the task and require that two bodies be moved. Richard was a big guy, it would require a second person; a big risk. Still there is an obvious advantage since it is hard to get a conviction without a body so it is conceivable that a hit man might conceal the body.

Making the vehicle go away would be even more difficult and involve additional risks with no payoff. Whether it was stripped and sold for parts, shipped out of the country or dumped somewhere it wouldn't be found, it would involve bringing more people into the caper and increased chance of something going wrong.

Besides the unlikelihood of the scenario, the other problem with the Hit Man theory is that the hit would have had to occurs sometime after they left Abilene's before they would cross the Delaware River yet the only people who knew where they were or where they might be going were the couple they were with at Abilene's, who were old friends of Richard's with no ties to anyone suspected of this.

I am not familiar with the area. From Google Earth, it appears there are commercial docks on the river near by. Could they have parked near there or gone there to be alone and made a wrong turn and drove into the water? There is no obvious water On the route to the Ben Franklin Bridge ( the direct route to Mt Laurel) but perhaps they went somewhere else instead of going to New Jersey. There are bodies of water all over.

Hopefully, it won't take 40 years to get some closure.

I am not from the area so I was looking at possible routes taken to Mount Laurel NJ. One possible route from Abilene's bar was via NJ-38E.

https://goo.gl/maps/JMXgF

Are there any tolls going down this route? Where are they? I am sure the FBI has looked through footage from toll cameras.

I went on street view and was looking at this area by the Cooper River off of Admiral Wilson Blvd.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.941...m4!1e1!3m2!1s5XQok7GYDm3ZTkxGxcXF_Q!2e0?hl=en

No tolls on Route 38 itself. They would have to have taken a bridge (presumably the Ben Franklin) but the toll is only in the opposite direction (going towards Philly).

Rt. 38 is a 3-lane in each direction highway, with many businesses on either side.

The Cooper River/Admiral Wilson Blvd. is a notoriously seedy area. It goes right through Camden, aka The Most Dangerous City in the U.S.

the bodies of water that the truck could be in--assuming Danielle and Richard actually drove to Danielle's home after the bar--have been searched and cleared.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...rone-Cold-Case-Missing-Persons-292296891.html

http://articles.philly.com/2015-02-11/news/59010272_1_marge-petrone-danielle-imbo-imbo-and-petrone

For those that are not local, the area that they went missing in AND their homes are within the same densely populated area. there are only a few candidate bodies of water. All have been searched. traffic cameras exist all over the place. they are NOT in the water...

How many places can you hide a car?
Junk Yard under other cars and eventually into the crusher.
Water
Chop Shop
In a hole in the ground
In a barn or building that has yet to be discovered.

It isn't that easy to make a full size P/U disappear. Sure, a connected hit man could just turn it over

Sorry, I'll try that again.

It isn't that easy to make a full size P/U disappear. Sure, a connected hit man could just turn it over To some mob owned w shop. The trouble is that everyone who works there is going to wonder about a perfectly good truck being broken down. The publicity about the disappearances and reward offers start coming in. Someone is going to get a bright Idea and come forward. Same principle any way a hit man might turn a truck over to a third party to "get rid of": it would be giving information about a murder you committed to someone with no culpability in that murder. They could use that information for blackmail, a reward or a get out of jail card. It is something a Pro just wouldn't do.

Putting the vehicle in water isn't that easy either. A car that goes off the road into water accidentally is often going at a high speed and will travel away from shore into deeper water or current. If you push a vehicle into water, perhaps off a pier, it isn't going to travel far and is much more likely to be found.

I can think of only one case (a serial killer in Wyoming, I believe known as the lil' darling murder) where someone was abducted, killed and their body and vehicle concealed. In most cases where someone and their vehicle disappear, it turns out to be an accident. Some cases, of course, are never solved so we don't know.

If they did not have some mishap in the Delaware River near South St., they probably did not drive straight back to Mt. Laurel. The went somewhere else. It was a very cold night. They could have hit a patch of black ice alongside a body of water. I'm guessing they will be found some day.

My mom and I were talking the other day as this has been all over our local news.

I just want to throw something out there. What if this was a voluntary disappearance? I know they loved their families. I know they seemed to have stable lives. I know they each had a child. Therefore, I know this is a very unlikely scenario. I'm just saying since there's been no trace of them - no leads - nothing - maybe it's time to think about other possibilities.

They could have taken another route from the area, away from the cameras on the bridges.

We've seen cases on WS before where the families said "oh no way they'd never do that" and it's been surprising.

Like I said I personally don't think that's what happened here, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic