TX 12-year-old Texas girl dies after parents used smoothies to treat life-threatening injuries

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you are correct. The mother found her.
During a media briefing on Aug. 15, Soward said that Balbaneda explained how the injuries happened but he didn’t want to share those details until the sheriff’s office had confirmed her cause of death.

“We still have a little bit of doubt; we need to figure that out,” Soward said.

I think the living conditions were not quite like the sheriffs was quoted, , “Sipps was kept on a homemade bedding area in an environment that was not kept to a reasonable standard of cleanliness.” I think that was a nice way of saying the house was a pig pen.

The Mother and "step father" didn't cause the injuries but didn't seek the medical treatment she obviously needed.
“We have determined that upon being found by her mother, Sipps was still alive, although in dire need of immediate medical treatment,” the sheriff’s office stated in an Aug. 16 updated press release.

Regardless of how the injuries occurred, Soward said the parents “failed to act.”

“You still have a duty to provide medical care for a 12-year-old child,” he said.

This makes no sense to me. They failed to call 911 for FOUR days because they didn’t want LE to see the unkept conditions of the home? That’s a ridiculous reason, in and of itself, but… why wouldn’t they have hurried to correct the undesirable conditions of the home and then call for help. Obviously, that’s not acceptable behavior either — but it would have been better than waiting until your child has stopped breathing to call!

I do not understand all the mystery around HOW she came to be injured? The injury ended up being fatal, WHY are they not telling us what it was?

If the parents aren't responsible for causing it, why is it such a secret?

I do not understand all the mystery around HOW she came to be injured? The injury ended up being fatal, WHY are they not telling us what it was?

If the parents aren't responsible for causing it, why is it such a secret?
Could other children (family or non-family) been involved in whatever had caused her injury?

So, they don't get medical attention for their daughter because the house is messy? Unfortunately, I know extreme hoarders that would probably rationalize that. Remember, hoarding is a mental illness. We are not talking about people who have a full deck of playing cards here.

So, they don't get medical attention for their daughter because the house is messy? Unfortunately, I know extreme hoarders that would probably rationalize that. Remember, hoarding is a mental illness. We are not talking about people who have a full deck of playing cards here.

If it was just a matter of the house being messy, even if it was an awful hoarder situation, why not just put the child in the car and drive her to the hospital the moment the injury happened? They have a car as mentioned in this article, so it wasn't for lack of transportation: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article291049920.html

"The night of Aug. 12, Balbaneda was driving with her daughter when she went into respiratory distress, so the mother called 911, according to the news release. Dispatchers instructed Balbaneda to meet first responders at a designated spot, according to deputies. The girl was “alive but unconscious” when she was taken to the hospital, Soward said."

There's something more going on here than just a messy house they didn't want first responders to see.

Based on the symptom descriptions I’ve seen reported in the news — no visible broken bones or physical marks on her body, in and out of consciousness, eyes fluttering, some involuntary hand movements, inability to talk or swallow, and ultimately inability to breathe on her own — in my very humble and unprofessional opinion, I think she probably suffered a traumatic brain injury and the subsequent swelling caused damage to her brain stem or a neck injury damaged her brain stem. The worst part about this is that if swelling did cause injury to the brain stem, her parents could have easily saved her life had they immediately called for help.

"She was not talking," Soward said. "She basically could flutter her eyes and move her hands a little bit over a four day period. They had her laying on a pallet in the house."

He confirmed that she did not have any broken bones or marks on her body.

Most times, brain stem injury results from swelling and inflammation from other severe head injuries. Swelling pushes the brain to stem against the hard covering known as the skull. This causes damage to the brain and stem.

With the severely damaged brain stem, the patients are paralyzed and cannot move any body parts except their eyes. These patients can hear and understand everything going on around them but cannot communicate.

Sometimes, brain stem injury can lead to swallowing and gag reflex problems.

…any damage to the medulla can interfere with its function, and it cannot detect the carbon dioxide level in the blood. This gives rise to breathing issues in response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities
Back