GUILTY PA - Satyavathi, 61, & Saanvi Venna, 10 mos, slain, King of Prussia, 22 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing that makes me go hm a bit here is that rather heightened element of fear here within this family. This crime was committed sometime between 8am and 1pm, when an "anxious family member" called the father, telling him the grandmother could not be reached, and he immediately went home to find his mother dead and child missing. They have, since coming to the US, moved to different states a lot in just 5 years. (Despite our economy, their field is actually relatively booming, so I doubt they emigrated and flipped burgers until getting lucky.)
While I had earlier speculated if this might possibly have been a burglary gone terribly wrong (and baby taken merely to keep her quiet and not attract attention), I have since learned that the apartment is on the 6th floor. A bit of a trip for a mere "random" burglary, I would think.
In short, the more I learn, the more I am inclined to think this was not random, pretty much additionally ruling out a bunch of "African Americans" out for "money and gold" here, and leaning a lot more to someone who knows this family and specifically targeted them.

I'm with you on all of the above. Seems like someone wanted that baby and the DA specifically said that the crimes were "intricately intertwined", which leads me to believe that the murder was a result of the kidnapping and perhaps to keep Grandmom from identifying the kidnapper. I wonder if this is their biological child, if it is a kidnapping for ransom or maybe a deranged family member of friend with a resentment over something meaningless that would not raise the family's suspicions.

Praying for your safe return Saavni. Praying you are safe and warm and fed.
Prayers for her loved ones too.

Please let her be safe, she is so precious.. I feel so sorry for her family.

There are many many technical people in the US on H1B visas. In most cases the immigrants work directly for IT firms (frequently referred to us "body shops"). The IT firms then contract with companies to supply resources to them. I suspect this is why the couple is in the US and why they have moved around so much. It is very common. The number of H1Bs are increased each year for an alleged shortage in technical workers in the US which in my opinion is not true. (trying not to digress)....

This may seem far fetched and I apologize if it has been discussed an I overlooked it. There are some Muslims (Bohra) which practice female circumcision in girls the age of Saanvi. Female circumcision is a deplorable brutal mutilation of the female genital. I have read of cases where family members have gone to great extremes to try to prevent the circumcisions. I think there was a Law & Order episode where the grandmother had traveled to the US to participate (I think I remember that but I might be wrong). Food for thought anyway.

There are many many technical people in the US on H1B visas. In most cases the immigrants work directly for IT firms (frequently referred to us "body shops"). The IT firms then contract with companies to supply resources to them. I suspect this is why the couple is in the US and why they have moved around so much. It is very common. The number of H1Bs are increased each year for an alleged shortage in technical workers in the US which in my opinion is not true. (trying not to digress)....

This may seem far fetched and I apologize if it has been discussed an I overlooked it. There are some Muslims (Bohra) which practice female circumcision in girls the age of Saanvi. Female circumcision is a deplorable brutal mutilation of the female genital. I have read of cases where family members have gone to great extremes to try to prevent the circumcisions. I think there was a Law & Order episode where the grandmother had traveled to the US to participate (I think I remember that but I might be wrong). Food for thought anyway.

First, thank you for the information on the IT firms and H1Bs. Very helpful!

On the second half, maybe not so far fetched! I did do some digging on that, and it seems it is still quite prevalent. However, in my diggings, I also found something just as disturbing. Perhaps do a search on female infanticide. Someone fits the "age" closer. That REALLY frightened me!

I wonder now if maybe, just maybe, this poor family was targeted by some truly radical element? It might explain their confusion and lack of knowing who might have committed this horrid crime. According to MSM, the area hosts a high population of Indians, most of whom work in the computer industry as this couple does. Could make them targets from radicals? I wonder if LE is considering such groups, if they exist there at all?

So this morning on local cbs3, they are saying that they are keeping information quiet so the investigation will not be compromised.

So this morning on local cbs3, they are saying that they are keeping information quiet so the investigation will not be compromised.

I don't understand how keeping quiet will result in the baby's return. If they have a POI or if witnesses saw the perp(s), I would think releasing more information or even a sketch of the perp (s) might help.

ok this is from the Daily Mail. They say a neighbour posted the $30,000 reward. Wow.

Neighbour posts $30,000 reward for information over murder of Pennsylvania woman and missing baby

A neighbour has posted a $30,000 reward for information following the abduction of a ten-month-old baby girl and the murder of her grandmother.

The woman, who has not been named, is offering the money to help find Saanvi Venna, who was taken from her home in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nia-woman-missing-baby.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I don't understand how keeping quiet will result in the baby's return. If they have a POI or if witnesses saw the perp(s), I would think releasing more information or even a sketch of the perp (s) might help.

Thank you! That is what I thought too. I am really puzzled... This is 10 minutes away from me. My daughters old friend once lived in these apartments. I am just at a loss here..

This may seem far fetched and I apologize if it has been discussed an I overlooked it. There are some Muslims (Bohra) which practice female circumcision in girls the age of Saanvi. Female circumcision is a deplorable brutal mutilation of the female genital. I have read of cases where family members have gone to great extremes to try to prevent the circumcisions. I think there was a Law & Order episode where the grandmother had traveled to the US to participate
(I think I remember that but I might be wrong). Food for thought anyway .

Bolded by me. I'm pretty sure the family isn't Muslim - pretty sure they are Hindu.

(I think the mother's name is Shiva- Shiva is one of the major Hindu deities.)

Every name I've seen of family members in this case seem very traditionally Hindi. I really doubt they are Muslim.

All, this is a South Indian Hindu Family. The Hindu culture of this state is to take the family name of the male on marriage. The girl is wearing a bindi, easy to tell she is a hindu. They are a telugu family from the state of Andhra Pradesh. Unlikely they speak any Hindi. The frequent movement across the country is probably because of employment with a Consultancy Company. ~ South Indian from their State

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back