PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case reminds me in some small manner of the disappearance of Steven Koecher.
Both men were last seen on cctv camera and then ..... gone.

In Shane's case at least there are people who saw and spoke to him shortly before he vanished, whereas there are no indication of anyone seeing or talking to Steven in the hours before he vanished.

Does anyone know why the fact that Shane's debit card was found, did not make it to the MSM? Surely that is a huge development in the case.

Originally Posted by DetPac
No Shane does not have a drivers license

Does that mean Shane never obtained one or, the one he has is suspended or, was revoked?

Whatever the case, what ID did Shane use as proof-of-age in Kildare's (assuming he had to show since Kildare's reported Shane's $17 tab as being the equivalent of "three craft beers")?

Does anyone know why the fact that Shane's debit card was found, did not make it to the MSM? Surely that is a huge development in the case.

A patron in Kildare's found Shane's debit card 'on the floor' of the establishment the same evening Shane was at Kildare's. That patron showed it to his girlfriend (who knows Shane or knows someone who knows Shane). The girlfriend sent a Facebook message to Shane stating they found his debit card. Shane never responded to the message. The patron then turned in the debit card to Kildare's. At that time Shane was not considered as missing ... it likely was assumed as a lost/dropped card and to whomever the card was given to at Kildare's simply added it to the already-existing pile of held cards/lost-and-found cards.

KevinC claims Kildare's always knew they had Shane's debit card in their possession and a manager(s) refused to hand it over to LE and the uncle when they approached (I do not know when this occurred) for it. Sometime after that event Kevin (being in the 'same business') asked a Kildare's manager whom he knows and she located Shane's debit card in the pile of cards stored at the Host's table. She handed the debit card to Kevin.

I suppose without a 'salacious story' surrounding discovery of Shane's debit card, it was not news-worthy (beside the fact Shane is missing). Such a find if reported in MSM might also have been correctly or incorrectly interpreted by the news-consuming public as Kildare's having had done something to Shane or otherwise was covering up something that might have occurred with Shane in the establishment that separated him from his debit card. LE and MSM seem to be avoiding placing a negative spotlight on Kildare's, noting that we have not seen reports of direct-evidence of wrong-doing on Kildare's part in this mystery.

It seems there are behind-the-scenes efforts to protect Kildare's or, at least protect the overall-perceived reputation of the business establisment et al along Main Street, noting big-money interests in revitalizing Venice Island and the Manayunk retailers / business district.

A patron in Kildare's found Shane's debit card 'on the floor' of the establishment the same evening Shane was at Kildare's. That patron showed it to his girlfriend (who knows Shane or knows someone who knows Shane). The girlfriend sent a Facebook message to Shane stating they found his debit card. Shane never responded to the message. The patron then turned in the debit card to Kildare's. At that time Shane was not considered as missing ... it likely was assumed as a lost/dropped card and to whomever the card was given to at Kildare's simply added it to the already-existing pile of held cards/lost-and-found cards.

Kevin claims Kildare's always knew they had Shane's debit card in their possession and a manager(s) refused to hand it over to LE and the uncle when they approached (I do not know when this occurred) for it. Sometime after that event Kevin (being in the 'same business') asked a Kildare's manager whom he knows and she located Shane's debit card in the pile of cards stored at the Host's table. She handed the debit card to Kevin.
I suppose without a 'salacious story' surrounding discovery of Shane's debit card, it was not news-worthy (beside the fact Shane is missing). Such a find if reported in MSM might also have been misconstrued by the news-consuming public as Kildare's having had done something to Shane or otherwise was covering up something that might have occurred with Shane in the establishment that separated him from his debit card. LE and MSM seem to be avoiding placing a negative spotlight on Kildare's, noting that we have not seen reports of direct-evidence of wrong-doing on Kildare's part in this mystery.

It seems there are behind-the-scenes efforts to protect Kildare's or, at least protect the overall-perceived reputation of the business establisment et al along Main Street, noting big-money interests in revitalizing Venice Island and the Manayunk retailers / business district.

I have stated this before... It really makes me wonder why the manager/worker at Kildare's would hand the card over to Kevin when he asked her for it, instead of handing it over to LE. Why would she/he hand it to Kevin, even if he was in the business and a family friend. It should have gone directly to LE, I would think.

BBM

On Thursday, Philadelphia police told reporters that the video, recovered from a nail salon, captures the West Chester student heading towards the parking lot "immediately" after leaving the bar, but not returning.

"You don't get anything as soon as he comes at the bridge," said Capt. James Smith with Northwest Detectives. "There's a lot of places he could have gone that would not have been captured on camera."

Smith said there's no evidence that Montgomery was noticeably drunk or that he got into a car.

"This is the last place we know he came," he said. "We don't have any other spot where he came after this."

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...ough-mans-last-known-location-but-little-else

"Immediately":
This sets Shane as leaving Kildare's at near 2:09 AM if KevinC's reported time stamp on the surveillance video is accurate.

"as soon as he comes at the bridge":
This implies LE is unable to determine if Shane turned north (I believe south is visible in camera view) on to the towpath or rails path or if he continued straight on to the parking lot.

"no evidence ... [that Shane was] noticeably drunk":
This contradicts the "stumbled (assumed as 'drunk') across the bridge" reports. So how did we end up with "seen stumbling across the bridge"?

"no evidence ... that he got into a car.":
This, along with the obvious fact Shane has not been found on land (Manayunk-proper and Roxborough-proper) and Shane's keys recovered from the river, LE naturally assumes Shane is in the river.

BBM

I have stated this before... It really makes me wonder why the manager/worker at Kildare's would hand the card over to Kevin when he asked her for it, instead of handing it over to LE. Why would she/he hand it to Kevin, even if he was in the business and a family friend. It should have gone directly to LE, I would think.

I agree. Something seems off with how that transpired but KevinC did state he turned it over to LE and "gave a statement" on how he obtained it.

We must take note we only [think we] 'know' one side of the story of the debit card issue as told by KevinC. He (or someone) may have checked Shane's FB messages and saw the message from the girl who messaged Shane to inform him her boyfriend had found his debit card.

KevinC claims the Kildare's manager(s) who were approached by LE "knew they had Shane's card" and refused to turn it over. I believe that might be assumption on KevinC's part.

I just started following is case. Kind of late. I googled his name and found the article about the dive team. They sound very persistent. If he is in that body of water, I feel they will find him. I'm glad his parents reached out to them.

BBM

I agree. Something seems off with how that transpired but KevinC did state he turned it over to LE and "gave a statement" on how he obtained it.

We must take note we only [think we] 'know' one side of the story of the debit card issue as told by KevinC. He (or someone) may have checked Shane's FB messages and saw the message from the girl who messaged Shane to inform him her boyfriend had found his debit card.

KevinC claims the Kildare's manager(s) who were approached by LE "knew they had Shane's card" and refused to turn it over. I believe that might be assumption on KevinC's part.

Yes, I remember Kevin saying this. It just seems highly unusual that Kildare's would turn the card over to someone other than LE (and if not LE, then at least Shane's parents). Very strange.

BBM

To add further information to this, the reason Kevin stated this manager gave the debit card to him, is that the manager was not present at the bar on Thanksgiving and had no ties to any action that may have occurred, whether it be something as basic as over serving, or something more serious as knowing more information or foul play.

My only concern is a debit card is pretty easy to get rid of. Had anyone at Kildare's truly been involved, why would they keep it and have questions be brought back to them again? It could easily have been "placed" there on purpose to draw attention to Kildare's rather than speculate other people.

As far as the message regarding his debit card being found... I believe it was privately sent. The girl noticed it was never viewed by Shane.

I am confusing myself and should have taken notes.
Is there any other video of Shane other than the bridge from behind Christie's?

No there is not. However in the early days of the search they had obtained a very very grainy video of a man walking the same height as Shane at the smoke shop next to Kildaire's I don't think they could confirm it was Shane or not

This is a great article in the Daily News. The end of it, in particular, really touched me. Thank you for posting the link, theirmommy.

Beautiful article. I am glad McGeehan's family gave them money and I was hoping Shane's family is doing the same? Not mentioned. I wish the family's FB would encourage donations or at least tell us if they have given. If I knew what days they would be down there I would be down with coffee and donuts myself. And I am glad we know the name of the lead of the case/new detective.

Yes, I remember Kevin saying this. It just seems highly unusual that Kildare's would turn the card over to someone other than LE (and if not LE, then at least Shane's parents). Very strange.

I believe that manager whom KevinC knows was likely not acting in an official capacity regarding "Kildare's" as corporate entity. It likely was a 'human to human' interaction, two people attempting to do the right thing for Shane. Since that manager had not worked the evening Shane went missing she likely had no inhibition in cooperating in any way she could. No culpability, as it were.

Someone was asking about his white phone case before. Hopefully I am allowed to post this since it was on his public account. If not, someone please let me know, and I will remove it.

I am dying to see that phone case!!!
I'm just nosy that way.
It probably has no bearing on the case except for it being missing.
Although if white, as Tracker mentioned,I beleive--it would be easier to visually locate.

Technical difficulties... can someone tell me how to upload it, because the insert image does not seem to be working.
I went back to that twitter and I can no longer find that picture from the date, but I had already saved it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back