PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we sure there's going to be an autopsy? It will likely show that Shane drowned, but not how he got into the water. I wonder if it's mandatory because of the investigation into his disappearance.

Eery to think, ugh......what's he members name who used the GoPro to film that entire area/island? His name is escaping me. Sorry. But yeah, eery to think he was right there walking around, looking and filming the area where Shane was found.

I find that strange, imo. Divers said last week they thought he was probably close to the Manayunk edge of the river but they didnt search this part until today?

Being found in 4 ft I too am surprised he wasnt found sooner. JMO

Eery to think, ugh......what's he members name who used the GoPro to film that entire area/island? His name is escaping me. Sorry. But yeah, eery to think he was right there walking around, looking and filming the area where Shane was found.
That was queezy's video. I have to think queezy again for taking that video and posting it. It was very helpful in understanding the area more and helpful in discussion and trying to put the pieces together.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only way my mind is allowing me to see it happening without foul play being involved (if he fell or jumped) based on what we know.

I don't know if this means anything but his keys were found 10 ft from the wall and his body was found 10 feet from the bank of the river. Your theory may be correct. I guess depending on the current it could have taken him 1/2 mile down.

Yes, queezy! Thank you!!!

That was queezy's video. I have to think queezy again for taking that video and posting it. It was very helpful in understanding the area more and helpful in discussion and trying to put the pieces together.

Is this the post I made that you are talking about?:

"Well that of course would depend on many things. Mostly the condition of the body when found. If the eyes had the line across them that I mentioned before that indicates they were dead before entering the water. Or were they glossy (which means he died in the water)? Was the head tilted to the side (which they also says means they were dead before entering the water)? Did his hands clutch/contain any debris/fabric/hair/etc.? How much water was in the lungs? Etc...based on the info found in that book I read before (The Case Of The Drowning Men), there are a lot of indicators that will tell you if someone was dead before entering the water or not. But of course, even if his body is found in the water, we the public may never be privy to such info so WE, the public, may never know. That books really expresses the importance of documenting EXACTLY how the body is found/condition/etc. before moving it and before the autopsy. And of course everything is dependent on condition of the body/how much is left of it."

Yup. T-Hanks!

I'm wondering about the keys again. I am wondering how many keys were on the lanyard. Since he didn't drive, he wouldn't have a car key(s). He would have his house key. Maybe a key to his housing in West Chester. So, let's say there are two keys on the lanyard. Would he wear this lanyard around his neck so he wouldn't lose the keys from his pocket if he only had a couple of keys. If he had more keys, he might be more likely to keep it in his pocket because wearing a heavy lanyard would be uncomfortable.

Why is this significant? If the lanyard was heavy with keys, it would be more likely to be kept in the pocket, and easier to come off. If the lanyard was lighter and was around the neck, it might be more difficult to come off and may have stayed on the body. It also could have contributed to his death if it got caught on something in the river, or was wrapped around his neck (but eventually came off of his body). Just wondering how the keys might have become separated from Shane and ended up in a different location.

Please do not attack other posters because of what they are speculating. If it does not break the TOS then they can speculate whatever they feel could have happened.

So sorry to hear Shane has been found and is no longer with us. Even when it's the expected outcome it doesn't really make it any easier to take the news.

Shane didn't surface, he was on the bottom :(

Bodies will rise much more slowly in cold water temperatures. I remember this happening in the Andrew Jarzyk case too. Took a long time for his body to surface - didn't surface until temperatures warmed up a bit.

He could have been unconscious and breathing. Only way he wouldn't have water in his lungs is if he entered the water deceased/not breathing

Right, you'd think I might have learned a thing or two in nursing school - looks like I certainly played hooky and missed my grammar courses too. I'm the worst.

I said in an earlier post it was apprx. 30 ft. But no one believed me.

It's irrelevant- they were found. When a Detective tells me something. I tend to sway in that direction. It wasn't that you weren't believed- it was just contradicting stories as usual.
I know you are close with the Mongomerys and I hope you are okay with all of this. It's a lot of pressure.

IIRC, there was rain either that night or over that weekend. And, the area has had rain since, so I wonder if the addition of the rain water helped to "push" the body to where it was found?
As a side note, I cannot imagine the horror of finding a body. I have nothing but admiration and respect for the men and women of Garden State and all "search and rescue"/recovery teams that go out and do this on a daily basis. It is just something I could never do, but I am so thankful that there are people that care enough to put the time and effort to bring closure to the families of those who are missing.

Bodies will rise much more slowly in cold water temperatures. I remember this happening in the Andrew Jarzyk case too. Took a long time for his body to surface - didn't surface until temperatures warmed up a bit.

I understand. I've been doing a lot of reading about forensic drowning and I've noticed some other bodies found relatively quickly in deeper waters with the same water temperature. I recognize that each person & river is different... But, I was hoping he would have surfaced sooner.

Sad, but not unexpected. I'm just really glad his family can have a bit of closure now, though the holidays will never be the same for them, and it breaks my heart. Rest well, Shane.

And someone please get DetPac a new phone - with an otterbox case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back