PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At this point I think everyone would consider it unseemly for Kildare's to make a statement now that Shane's been found-I'm not sure I would have even asked them for one

What happens to the money they donated?...Im not familiar on how that would work.

We do not sleuth family members, ex's, friends, relatives, minors related to the victim. We just do not go there. It is against TOS.

Note the position of the yellow question mark I placed in the river behind the Manayunk Brewery to posit/query :'is Shane here' ... [what freaks me is that I pieced together and uploaded that image December 14/15 ... and two weeks later Shane is recovered from that very spot ...

As soon as I heard the news yesterday, ChuckMaureen, I thought of that posting that you put together. It is amazing what you did. In looking at the photo again, are there actual steps coming from the rail bridge as a means to get down to the walkway/path again? Or would he have had to jump?

Once down, how long does that walkway/path continue? If he made it to the back of the Brew Pub, how would he get up to the deck? Would he use that ramp that seems to lead down to the river? If so, how would he get on that?

I agree. Just imagine for a minute if these people would have stopped and asked him who he came with and then helped him find them. Imagine if they sat him down and called him a cab seeing that he had had too much to drink. We wouldn't even be sitting here right now wondering how the heck he ended up where he is now. Despicable!

CP-despicable is exactly the word I would use. He is, at 21, an inexperienced abuser of alcohol. They are the purveyors of alcohol, and cater especially to people of his age. Of course they're dealing with drunks-it's their business. If they don't like it or can't do it responsibly, they should get out of the business-or hire people who know what they're doing. I'm calling BS on businesses who will take all of the money you have, and when they've taken the money and provided you with too much to drink, kick you out the door at your most vulnerable. And now they don't want to discuss Shane...they weren't that shy at the beginning when they said he left the bar sober

I always assumed Kildare's donation was more of a 'pledge'.........if the reward had to be given out, they would hand over the 10k

Ok, I'm not sure how reward money is handled. I thought it would be awful to have to hand back money to such an establishment. Especially, if they feel they were party responsible for this unfortunate tragedy.
I really believe, they don't hold anyone accountable.

Why? I would think that would allow half the people in prison to walk free. lol

Ok, I'm not sure how reward money is handled. I thought it would be awful to have to hand back money to such an establishment. Especially, if they feel they were party responsible for this unfortunate tragedy.
I really believe, they don't hold anyone accountable.

The whole tragedy has been so draining for them, I think they want to bury Shane and begin healing as best as possible. Lawsuits and legalities wouldn't help heal the pain. Just a guess here

Point is, he's NOT in the LE business and Kildares and that employee had no business handing it over to anyone other than LE when it was an active missing persons case. Why did they deny it all that time and why then go and hand it over eventually to "someone in the business"?

Yes, I agree, Cement.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this time here. I am also moving to the Paul Kochu case. I would love to see some of you join the thread. It's harder for me to grasp, because I am unfamiliar with the area- So, I can understand what some of you went through trying figure out Manayunk.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this time here. I am also moving to the Paul Kochu case. I would love to see some of you join the thread. It's harder for me to grasp, because I am unfamiliar with the area- So, I can understand what some of you went through trying figure out Manayunk.
I share AOTC's sentiment, and am also following Paul and Chelsea Bruck.

My heart goes out to Shane's family.

Yeah but a ''Request for more cameras'' is a far lesser deal that a 'law for cameras' would be. The numbers on outfitting the whole city would be astronomical as well as profitable for many, many years into the future...actually that would be forever profitable,....so look at this as a comming permanent hardship. The good news is your all going to be getting a new type of Cable Service as in 'CC' cameras only they get to watch you/we and you get to pay.

Don't leave! Or at least check in periodically

So in everyone's opinion what should bars/clubs do with overly drunk patrons who are not able to control themselves? Someone who may have been served by different bartenders or had friends buy them drinks and possibly was taking drugs?

So in everyone's opinion what should bars/clubs do with overly drunk patrons who are not able to control themselves? Someone who may have been served by different bartenders or had friends buy them drinks and possibly was taking drugs?

If people are 21 or older and in a bar, they should be responsible for themselves, Imo. Obviously bars should not serve people who are quite apparently intoxicated already, or overserve, but I cannot see making bar owners responsible for making sure a customer they ask to leave gets home safely, as long as they are not driving. If they put them into cabs, who pays? There has to be some level of personal responsibility, Imo. Should they call the police and let them deal with it? Police are not taxi services either.

I am not speaking of Shane's situation specifically. But I would guess that bars ask people to leave all the time and I can't see how they could run their businesses if they are required to oversee each one to their doorsteps. But jmo. Not sure what the answer is, except maybe round up the people Shane came in with, in this case, and have them leave together. Safety in numbers, supposedly.

I think vendors, including sporting/entertainment events, that serve alcohol should call the police, call a cab or have some sort of transportation service arrangement for over served patrons. Certainly not release them out to hurt themselves or someone else's family.

It just seems that most young people that go missing after a night of heavier party/drinking end up dead. Jail for the night would suck, for sure, but they'd still be alive.

I don't know, this makes me sound like I'm an overly protective mother, but if liquor license suspensions or the like we're on the line, maybe they would be or hire more conscientious staff responsible for serving alcohol. JMO

If people are 21 or older and in a bar, they should be responsible for themselves, Imo. Obviously bars should not serve people who are quite apparently intoxicated already, or overserve, but I cannot see making bar owners responsible for making sure a customer they ask to leave gets home safely, as long as they are not driving. If they put them into cabs, who pays? There has to be some level of personal responsibility, Imo. Should they call the police and let them deal with it? Police are not taxi services either.

I am not speaking of Shane's situation specifically. But I would guess that bars ask people to leave all the time and I can't see how they could run their businesses if they are required to oversee each one to their doorsteps. But jmo. Not sure what the answer is, except maybe round up the people Shane came in with, in this case, and have them leave together. Safety in numbers, supposedly.

My thoughts exactly.

If I can be held responsible for someone that leaves my house drunk and injures themselves or others, why shouldn't a bar?

I agree people must take responsibility for themselves, but these places PACK these kids in on the weekends and probably make a fortune off of them.

My issue is them "kicking someone out" alone, and without any regard for the safety of a inebriated customer.

If I can be held responsible for someone that leaves my house drunk and injures themselves or others, why shouldn't a bar?

I agree people must take responsibility for themselves, but these places PACK these kids in on the weekends and probably make a fortune off of them.

My issue is them "kicking someone out" alone, and without any regard for the safety of a inebriated customer.

So I'm asking out of curiosity, what would your solution be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back