PA PA - Shelley Luty, 19, Upper Darby, 23 Aug 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in Bensalem so I have read a lot about the Bensalem cases. I went to Bensalem High School at the time and I don't remember hearing about it at all. Very scary actually. Somehow I came across Shelley's case and it just struck me as being potentially related. I hope the families of all of these girls get some closure and some justice.

I live in Bensalem so I have read a lot about the Bensalem cases. I went to Bensalem High School at the time and I don't remember hearing about it at all. Very scary actually. Somehow I came across Shelley's case and it just struck me as being potentially related. I hope the families of all of these girls get some closure and some justice.

I hear you. I was in Bucks County them and in that teenager range.. I did not go to Bensalem but I can not believe I did not hear of it then.
I know these areas well and still have family here.

Back then, people didn't really talk about crime and such back then. Of course social media didn't exist back then. No doubt in mind that Shelly met a very bad end.

My username used to be StealthTheory, just couldn't get it to work again.

I personally remember it being shady, but know it was fixed up sometime in the past 10 years. But I think sometimes the perceptions of places are informed by exactly where you grew up.

It was(is still?) a 24 hour diner on a frequently traveled road that takes you into Philly or out. I think any establishment on a such a road, that is always open and cheap probably is always going to be a little bit seedy at times.

There's shady and then there's shady. There's a hotel near us that is basically a workplace for prostitutes, which kind of makes the atmosphere unpleasant, but they have a pretty good restaurant on the other side of the lobby and I would have no hesitation about going there for a meal, even by myself. It's not dangerous-shady. It sounds like this diner might be the same sort of place. Stuff going on, but if you weren't part of the stuff, it wouldn't matter?

http://articles.philly.com/1990-02-18/news/25884390_1_return-home-mother-families-and-police

I apologize if this article has been posted, but it's an old Philly article about several missing PA girls, including Luty, all from around the same time period.

And yeah Carbuff, I remember it have a rep as shady, went there a few times after I graduated from high school. At the time was run down, unpleasant fluorescent lights, the type of place that gave you crystal light when you asked for orange juice, but I don't remember anything specifically bad.

I don't think Shelley made it that far. The one thing that puzzles me is-where is her car? Also, did she party a lot? What were her friends like? A lot of women in that time period were killed because they had ties to a motorcycle gang. Was that true of Shelley?

I passed by the diner several times as I am in the area. THere is the golf club as well as other wooded areas that Shelly could be in. There is also Ridley Creek Park, a place that has long given me creeps.

Just wanted to throw this into the mix as these women are not that far away geographically...

Amy Matthews, 24, disappeared from Plymouth Meeting on Jan. 3, 1984 and was never found.
Lisa Marie Gehris, 18, disappeared from Whitpain on Jan 25, 1984 and was later found deceased.
Joyce Koenen, 42, disappeared from Conshohocken on Nov. 7, 1983 and was later found deceased.

There was a suspect, Jack Lee Colin, in the above disappearances, but he was never tried. Colin was tried for the murder of his parents in 1972 and found not guilty by reason of insanity. He spent time in the state mental hospital and was released in 1977.

I've never heard that he was a suspect in Shelley's disappearance, but I just thought I'd add the information here.

I was working on a 3D facial reconstruction of a composite sketch of a UID Gary Rigway victim, and thought it kind of resembled Shelley Luty. The distance is far, but a few things match up. Both had a previously fractured skull, and then I saw the composite sketch of the man wanted for questioning. He looks a lot like Gary Rigway in his 1982 mugshot. (My 3D composite is the image on the right)
56e815f0fe3fd62f6e9c43b04ba5f49b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was working on a 3D facial reconstruction of a composite sketch of a UID Gary Rigway victim, and thought it kind of resembled Shelley Luty. The distance is far, but a few things match up. Both had a previously fractured skull, and then I saw the composite sketch of the man wanted for questioning. He looks a lot like Gary Rigway in his 1982 mugshot. (My 3D composite is the image on the right)
56e815f0fe3fd62f6e9c43b04ba5f49b.jpg

Nvm, I see her DNA is in the system.

both of these properties only have 1 block of houses, the other 3 sides are on major streets or back up to upper Darby high school, dcmh, Bonner hs.

Hello, I too, grew up very near. In Broomall. Went to the Llanerch Diner all the time.
An astrological profile would be very useful. Tuba could help on the Astrology thread.

God be with you!

My grandparents lived in Broomall in the early 1950's.

Oddly enough, their ancestors lived in Lanark, Scotland!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back