• Missing Since 08/23/1982
  • Missing From Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/21/1963 (56)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 126 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A waitress uniform.
  • Medical Conditions Luty has a history of epilepsy.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Reddish-brown hair, blue eyes. Luty has previously fractured her skull. She has a scar at the bottom of her nose and a scar on her arm shaped like a triangle or a Christmas tree. Her front right tooth is chipped and was capped. Some agencies spell her name "Shelly."
Details of Disappearance
Luty was last seen at 11:00 p.m. on August 23, 1982, as she ended her waitressing shift at the Llanarch Diner on Township Line Road in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.

She got into the mint green Chevrolet Impala, which she had borrowed from her stepfather, and drove off, but never arrived home. Luty has never been heard from again and the car was never recovered.

Luty's mother, who was working in the diner when Luty disappeared, saw a male customer who left the establishment very shortly before Luty did. Witnesses believe they saw the same man speaking to Luty outside.

A composite sketch of the man is posted with this case summary. He is described as Caucasian, 25 to 29 years old, 5'10 to 6'0 tall with an athletic build. It has not been established that he was involved in Luty's disappearance, but he is at least a possible witness.

Luty left behind a toddler daughter. Her family says she would have never willingly abandoned her child. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Upper Darby Police Department 610-352-7050
Source Information

View attachment 265443 View attachment 265444
Did LE follow up on this back in the day?
I've seen Osellanie mentioned in connection with Shelley by another commenter who has really dug into him. She's mentioned how he had a sister who lived somewhat close to where Shelley disappeared from. I'm not sure exactly how much else there is to connect him with her disappearance, apart from his resemblance to the sketch.

Also going to mention the cluster of unsolved murders/disappearances in the area in the preceeding few years, and maybe even a little after. The ones closest in time to Shelley would be Denise Marie Pierson, who disappeared in 1981 and whose remains were found a few years later and Myra Manley, who disappeared in 1983. Back around 1975, there were the four girls who disappeared and were found murdered in Tinicum Marsh, which LE seems to have connected with the Warlock motorcycle gang, but also the unsolved disappearance of Wendy Eaton and abduction/murder of Gretchen Harrington, both of which LE believes to be unrelated to the four found in the marsh.

I don't know if there's ever been any sort of connection made to connect all this together, but it's pretty clear there was some nasty business going on in Delaware County for a while. I'm skeptical of Osellanie's potential involvement, but he was absolutely a monster of a human being. I don't even know if he's still alive. He was reported to be in failing health and in the late stages of dementia a few years ago. For what it's worth, he professed his innocence throughout and denied every charge against him.

Which, ya know. . . **advertiser censored* motion*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back