GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the update! Sounds like he has dug himself a hole and will pay for what he did. :hug:

Great news ! Hold on sweet Sherry. The monster who took you is about to answer for it !

That's the first step on his path down... Shelly, you've been amazing xx

Next month is going to be a hard one. First off, that's the month she went missing and now we know was murdered! Second, September 30th is Sherry's birthday and knowing we will never be able to celebrate another birthday or holiday with her is devastating. And finally, her killer's pretrial hearing is scheduled for Sept. 26th and it will be the first time seeing him in a long time but I want him to see me there and know I am the reason he is where he is. I will pray for strength during all of this and just knowing Sherry will be with me through this hard time will give me comfort....I thank all of you for your kind words; it truly helps me get through the day knowing there are caring people out there who want nothing but the best for you. God bless ((Hugs)) ~Shelly

We will be praying along with you Shellz ! You're way stronger than you realize . You can do this for Sherry :) I have no doubt .

Have the details of this "accident" been released?

I realize the killer may lie about what happened, but I have a glimmer of hope since he did confess.

I realize the killer may lie about what happened, but I have a glimmer of hope since he did confess.

I admit I've been wondering about the "WHY". What on earth could she possibly have done to make him feel the need to do something like that? Even if he wants to call it an 'accident', it's not a 'she tripped over a tree stump' type of accident, he still 'did it' (per his own words), and it still begs the question... WHY?!

RIP Sherry.

Shellz, you're in my thoughts as you go through this difficult month.

They haven't released that information to the public but my brothers & I know what he claimed happened was and he's full of bs.

Well hopefully he will keep on talking himself into a corner he cannot get out of.
Keep on talking old , gross, lying dude. Talk until you're blue in the face. LE is listening.

Just wanted you to know I've been thinking of your family, I remember you said her birthday is coming up. I hope you realize what an inspiration you are to those with missing family members, never give up!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, Sherry's family is the one that others will look to for inspiration when all hope is lost and when LE has said the case is cold, we cannot go forward, just give up and go home. Sherry's family said NO , we will find our sister and then did it ! Awesome .

Yes !
This is good news and one step closer to justice !
Stay strong girl. You're almost there :)

May God be with all family & friends of homicide victims today. We all share the same pain and heartache. We will always remember our loved ones and know we will see them again someday...Love & Miss You Bear every day!!

1378158_10153261605460468_353119200_n.jpg

How's it going in this case ? Any news ?

Well we are working on getting the pretrial conference to go through. This is the third one scheduled because his attorneys keep asking for a continuance. Everyone keeps saying this won't go to trial but he hasn't made a guilty plea either, so we will see. Next hearing is the middle of December so I will definitely keep you guys updated. I'm still waiting on getting my sister's remains back so we can give her a memorial service and a proper burial, this is so frustrating. I was hoping that all would've been taken care of by now before the holidays. Thanks for thinking of us, it is truly appreciated...God bless ~Shelly

Well we are working on getting the pretrial conference to go through. This is the third one scheduled because his attorneys keep asking for a continuance. Everyone keeps saying this won't go to trial but he hasn't made a guilty plea either, so we will see. Next hearing is the middle of December so I will definitely keep you guys updated. I'm still waiting on getting my sister's remains back so we can give her a memorial service and a proper burial, this is so frustrating. I was hoping that all would've been taken care of by now before the holidays. Thanks for thinking of us, it is truly appreciated...God bless ~Shelly

They're hilarious if they think repeated continuances will shake you. Do they not remember how long you've waited already? Another few weeks is child's play to you. You are tougher than They are!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back