GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Were you pleased with it ?

ETA .. I'm already curious with the headline " how police SAY the case came together ''

ETA... "deserted by their mother '' :( ... that is the saddest. There is no way to replace the pain and emotional
turmoil on the kids from feeling abandoned for so many years.

Shellz, is that you sitting in the white jacket at this presser ?

Were you pleased with it ?

ETA .. I'm already curious with the headline " how police SAY the case came together ''

ETA... "deserted by their mother '' :( ... that is the saddest. There is no way to replace the pain and emotional
turmoil on the kids from feeling abandoned for so many years.

Shellz, is that you sitting in the white jacket at this presser ?

It was from the police's perspective of the case and yes that was me.

i cannot wait to hear what you had to say to that ! you're right that 7-14 years isn't long enough, but it will be made much longer with your words ringing in his ears the whole time!

Shelly, let us know if we can continue to help, especially if/when parole hearings happen for the perpetrator in years to come... we can write letters and pester the parole board. HE SHOULD NEVER WALK FREE. He is 66 and with minimum 7 years in jail/prison he'd be "only" 73 and technically still able to walk physically... but he should never walk out of that prison EVER. NEVER. Please let the grandchildren know that we are thinking about them and praying for PEACE in their hearts for the memories of their mom/your sister.

Shelly,

Thank you for allowing us to know your sister's story. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we are so proud of you for sticking up for your sister & not letting her disappearance fade without being investigated. I will keep you & your family in my prayers. I pray Sherry's children will be able to know & learn about how wonderful their mother really was.

Please do keep us updated if he becomes eligible for parole.

:rose:

I have been so sad for Sherry's kids from day one and now to think what they must be feeling. I fear they will have a very hard time coming to terms with this.......whatever coming to terms means in this instance. It's too bad there is not a charge to put on ole' Ken for 'cruelty or abuse' to his own grandkids for forcing them to live in emotional agony all of this time.

Shellz, you are a poster child for the family of a missing person. I hope that you can find a way to share your story in a broader way and help others get truth when LE drops the ball. You're an inspiration and a hero ! :)

i was thinking of sherry this weekend because i drove by a labor ready office. i hope shelly and sherry's kids are doing well. such a shame that you all had to wait so long for closure, but your story is an inspiration for other families who have gone such a long time without answers. hopefully the people who need to hear it will!

Hugs to Sherry's family and especially Shellz. :)

Hi everyone! I just want to let you know I haven't forgotten about you all. I thank you so much for all the help & support I received from this group of amazing people. I've been actively writing my story about Sherry's disappearance. I was hoping to finish by the end of the year but I don't think it's going to happen. It has been a long road and putting it into words can be very emotionally draining at times. But I will continue until it is complete, just as I continued searching for my sister until I brought her home. Love & God bless! ~Shelly

Hi all,

I just finished filming for a new tv series on Investigation Discovery coming out early next year. Sherry's story will be told in one of the six episodes. They don't have a name set it stone but for now it's called Silence. I just want to thank everyone on here who stood by me through this whole nightmare but my sister is home where she belongs and her children now know she didn't just leave them like her killer continued to tell them all those years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back