GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do they withhold the remains of loved ones for so long :(
I'm so sorry Shellz ! You hang in there. You take time to enjoy your family
and your holidays too. You found your sister and her killer to justice with your
persistence . She'll be home soon :)

Why do they withhold the remains of loved ones for so long :(
I'm so sorry Shellz ! You hang in there. You take time to enjoy your family
and your holidays too. You found your sister and her killer to justice with your
persistence . She'll be home soon :)

They have had her since May 11th. I know they had to do the forensic examination of her remains plus it took until September 19th to finally get the DNA results back from Texas. I am assuming we should be hearing something soon since there is no reason to keep her because everything is completed. I know it's only a matter of time and she will be back home where she belongs.

Finally!! Sherry will soon be able to rest in peace. I know her soul has been free the moment her remains were removed from that evil ground! But to finally put her remains to rest is giving me such peace. Then I can focus on the trial if the monster doesn't plead guilty before that. Thanks everyone for your support through all of this. ~Shelly https://www.facebook.com/sherryjeanleighty
1476660_430107947117138_1166128917_n.jpg

I'm so pleased this time has finally come for your family to remember your beautiful sister !
Thank you for working so hard for her.

Finally!! Sherry will soon be able to rest in peace. I know her soul has been free the moment her remains were removed from that evil ground! But to finally put her remains to rest is giving me such peace. Then I can focus on the trial if the monster doesn't plead guilty before that. Thanks everyone for your support through all of this. ~Shelly https://www.facebook.com/sherryjeanleighty

1476660_430107947117138_1166128917_n.jpg

All of us here will be there in our thoughts and prayers! I am so happy you are able to know your sisters story and were able to bring her home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shellz, if this is too personal I understand but I've been curious about how Sherry's children are responding now towards their grandfather now that the truth is out. Is anyone standing beside this man or sympathetic to him or is he on his own ? TIA

7-14 years is a disgrace :( but as was said above, hopefully it's long enough to see the end of his life or nearly. What's important is that he's paying for what he did to Sherry.

Hugs, Shellz.

7-14 years is a disgrace :( but as was said above, hopefully it's long enough to see the end of his life or nearly. What's important is that he's paying for what he did to Sherry.

Hugs, Shellz.

Not only that, a few short months ago he was thinking he had gotten away with it for good. He thought he was one sly fox and would never pay. So I would say between the jail sentence and his guilty PLEA and his son helping to expose him and his whole family and community knowing what he did, that it's all around not too bad a deal. Time wise, yes , it should be more . But let's focus on how close he came to never paying with even one day. He's caught and even if he lives to get out , what family will welcome him home ?

Not only that, a few short months ago he was thinking he had gotten away with it for good. He thought he was one sly fox and would never pay. So I would say between the jail sentence and his guilty PLEA and his son helping to expose him and his whole family and community knowing what he did, that it's all around not too bad a deal. Time wise, yes , it should be more . But let's focus on how close he came to never paying with even one day. He's caught and even if he lives to get out , what family will welcome him home ?

Exactly, he is being punnished and has been exposed for his actions. The sentence seems unfair after what he did but at least there is some consequences for him. Most importantly, Sherry will be back with her family and can have a proper burial as she always should have had.

Blessings to the Leighty family today ! Shellz , we are with you dear !

i was traveling for the holidays but sherry crossed my mind on the day of the service. i am so glad that at least there is a little peace for her family now and she has been properly laid to rest.

Snipped from Shellbellz's link above:

Man pleads guilty to killing daughter-in-law
Updated: Friday, December 20 2013, 08:39 AM EST
By Erin Calandra and WJAC Web Staff

But now, it seems that simple check of that alibi could have brought closure to this case a long time ago.

Huntingdon County District Attorney George Zanic said new evidence shows Kenneth was off from work for an entire week when she disappeared.

:furious:

A simple check could have saved so many years of agony for this entire family.
It's just not right.

February 27th is this monster's sentencing! Even though it's not what we wanted, he should spend the rest of his life in prison...7-14years isn't anywhere long enough! But this will be the day I tell this murderer what he has done to my family & I. I'm pretty sure it won't phase him since he can kill someone and go on with life like nothing happened! My justice will be when he spends eternity burning in hell!! ~Shelly

At least you finally get this day Shellz ! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back