GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
good grief isn't LE asking these questions???

I want to ask something, and please, I don't mean it disrespectful...but just because, hmm, could there be any one that would want to harm her related to it. ...Was Sherry with AL all that time since her first child was born? I mean he was the daddy?...There weren't any jealous exes or anything out there??

ugh that came out awkward, but I mean it well intended

Shell-
Did your parents keep a baby book on your sister? It may have a lock of hair or her first lost tooth in it, either of which MIGHT still have DNA. If not, if your two have the same mom, you could submit mitochondrial DNA as it would be the same for both of you.

Shell-
Did your parents keep a baby book on your sister? It may have a lock of hair or her first lost tooth in it, either of which MIGHT still have DNA. If not, if your two have the same mom, you could submit mitochondrial DNA as it would be the same for both of you.

There's no baby book or anything like that. Yes we have the same parents & I offered the detectives to take my dna when they brought it up but they haven't said anything since then.

do you know where the guy from Maine was living there?

I mean in ALtoona.

Wonder if we could get some kind of google map to see what's around the area she went missing. Is there such a thing available?

oops, sorry Shell ...I had added, where in Altoona the Maine guy lived
Oh and does that guy still have ties there?

Shell, I'm trying to pull together a document that will have all information we can find in one spot as a sort of reference tool and will gladly share, so please bear with us as we ask you questions. Once we have a lot of the details figured out, it may be easier to point us in the next direction we need to go.

Those of you who are more experienced with this, please jump in to help make sure we're asking the appropriate questions. I'm trying to read and compile information at the same time.

oops, sorry Shell ...I had added, where in Altoona the Maine guy lived
Oh and does that guy still have ties there?

Not sure where he lived when she first met him, they did stay at her friend's place for a little while.

Shell can you give us Labor Ready's addy for back then also?

Also what time of day this this supposedly happen?

Where were the children? Were they all living with his parents? ( and do they still??)

Shell, Can you confirm the date your sister was last seen? It states your dad last saw her on 9-26-99, and NAMUS reports date last seen as 10-1-99 at 10:01. Which is correct?

Also, do you have a copy of the official police report that listed her missing (i.e. a case # of sorts)?

Has anyone checked with Social Security to see if it has been used since 1999?

As a starting point, it seems we have an ex & parents who Sherry was reportedly last seen with on the day she went missing, and we also have a b/f who was reportedly in the area at the time she went missing and who subsequently went back to his home state in Maine about a month after she disappeared and perhaps still resides there. The ex's name was in MSM, but no name for b/f.

I think we lost Shelly, so I'm going to call it a night and stop back tomorrow! Have a good night everyone!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back