Found Deceased PA - Shevy McGiffin, 13, Clarion, 9 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 101197

Streetview link of the stream that runs between her home and the store https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@41.2051968,-79.3909731,3a,75y,91.27h,81.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfzyh8Z_LFBF2k1xlrgIZxQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It was raining? Did she try and jump across, slip and fall in? I guess it's possible. Holding off until we know more re possible foul play or not

Thanks.

It's really hard to tell what happened, given the report of the man in the car.

jmo

So no signs of a sexual encounter. (Yes I tried to post as nicely as I could)

Ok..I still think they need to follow up on the Buick which they may have already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Could it have been like a flash flood? I know some girls drowned where I went to college on a flooded street. Apparently the storm drain some how sucked them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it have been like a flash flood? I know some girls drowned where I went to college on a flooded street. Apparently the storm drain some how sucked them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oohhh...good thinking Tssiemer. We had one on a military base once and it was crazy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Clarion County Coroner Terry Shaffer told exploreClarion.com that autopsy results revealed that McGiffin drowned.

The autopsy was performed late Monday morning at the Erie County Coroner’s Office by Dr. Eric Vey.

Shaffer said Clarion-based State Police continue to the investigate the incident; however, foul play is not suspected at this time.

From: http://explorevenango.com/autopsy-scheduled-for-clarion-girl-found-dead-near-clarion-river/
Now I feel more confident that they don't suspect foul play. I was looking for an actual link. :) So sad. I really wonder how this happened.

I still think foul play is possible. I'm sure they will rule it out thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

When I was a girl, there was a store about five blocks away (which seemed like a long trek at the time). We kids liked to walk there to get candy bars, cute cat posters, comic books, craft kits, etc. There was a small wooded area between my house and the store with a creek running through it. My mom always said, "Stay on the road! Don't go near the creek."

This story sure is bringing back memories. I'm so sorry Shevy doesn't have the chance to grow up and have memories of her walks to the store too.

RIP, Shevy.

This is where Trout Run flows under the small S. 5th Street bridge directly across the street from SM's house, looking toward the direction of flow; SM's house is behind the camera:
attachment.php

According to Clarion County DA Mark Aaron (via local PGH news):

"It is a creek that leads in to the Clarion River, it gets deeper as it gradually moves in to the river... the water was not very high in the location where she was found."

It seems to me the creek would be the first location to search if it was swollen Friday... it was raining hard the night she went missing according to local news.

The weather forecast for Clarion, PA for Sept 9, 2016 indicated *less than 1/10 of an inch of rain*... seems hardly enough to swell the tiny stream but it likely was:

"Today [Sept 9, 2016] – A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight – A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday – A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night – Showers and thunderstorms likely between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
"

http://www.exploreclarion.com/2016/09/09/7-day-weather-forecast-for-clarion-county-956/

Attachments

• trout run.jpg
    trout run.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 470
The *observed* weather shows 0.26" rain fell in Clarion on Sept 9, 2016, could be enough to swell the creek:
attachment.php

How deep can that stream, possibly, be/get?? Deep enough for a 13 year old to drown??

I think LE is with-holding information until they fully investigate.

A remote possibility is she did not drown in the creek and was placed there AD... but I do not expect that to be the case.

I think LE is with-holding information until they fully investigate.
I agree with you. I think there's a whole lot we don't know. My thoughts are with the investigators. I really hope they are able to get some solid information soon. Especially for her family.

A remote possibility is she did not drown in the creek and was placed there AD... but I do not expect that to be the case.

Maybe the man in the car scared her and she went down into the trees and creek area to get away from him, and then she ended up in the creek somehow.

IDK....just hoping for an accident rather than deliberate.

jmo

Maybe the man in the car scared her and she went down into the trees and creek area to get away from him, and then she ended up in the creek somehow.

IDK....just hoping for an accident rather than deliberate.

jmo

I had a similar thought, thinking the banks were probably muddy and slippery. She could have lost her footing and toppled in head first.

HER DAD IS NOT THE PERSON WHO SAW HER TALKING TO SOMEONE.

There were articles that specifically said the father saw her talking to an older man which is why people (myself included) were thinking along those lines. My guess is that they twisted words and jumped to conclusions from other articles. It's so annoying when the media does that... Thanks for clarifying!

My condolences to Shevy's family. So tragic to lose her this way, right after her 13th birthday. RIP Shevy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting comments under this. The comments I'm talking about are under a post by SR. The comments are by someone with the initials KKC who is also the lady that has made the GoFuund me account on behalf of Shevy's mother. Basically she says that area was searched 2 hours prior and Shevy was not there. In another comment she says that Shevy's hoodie was found 'clear on the bank'..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1393820333966032&id=144601785554566

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter