GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recent run ins with police - last one in August 2013 - 6 months ago.
From WTAE
"Court documents showed charges of robbery, witness intimidation and fleeing police spanning from 2002 until August of last year."

I wonder if he used a gun in the robberies?

I figured out his name! I will not publish it here as it might infringe on website rules

I found a list of people who lived at 703 Chislett. I searched each one. I found a docket from 2009:

1 Intim Wit/ Vit – Refrain From Report \
2 2 Terroristic Threats W / Int To Terrorize Another 1
3 Harassment – Subject Other to Physical
Contact

He also - I am not making this up - published a crude video about King Tut on another website.

Pittsburgh police keep close watch on 'person of interest' in East Liberty double homicid

Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala cautioned Wednesday that "it would be premature to call this guy a suspect at this point." He said it was necessary "to detain an individual to facilitate part of the investigation."

"This is a priority," Zappala said. "It really does concern the community, and like I said, they get it, the police get it. As any professional agency would, they want to get this right and they want to get it as quickly as possible."

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alle...homicide-investigation/24565884#ixzz2u0hMFJt8

Thanks to the UK's Daily Mail, I have a photo of the POI when he was released from questioning. Compare to Sunoco photos
article-2564490-1BB2267C00000578-516_634x434.jpg

a9933f83-3c41-4dc6-9781-6cbf1151dd7c_400.jpg

Also from Daily Mail, mother of his girlfriend said, "'He's just a nice guy, a very, very nice guy,' she said. 'He made some bad decisions when he was young, but that don't mean you pay for them for the rest of your life.'

Say what? 39 yrs is considered "young" by these people? Last arrest was 8/13

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I figured out his name! I will not publish it here as it might infringe on website rules

I found a list of people who lived at 703 Chislett. I searched each one. I found a docket from 2009:

1 Intim Wit/ Vit – Refrain From Report \
2 2 Terroristic Threats W / Int To Terrorize Another 1
3 Harassment – Subject Other to Physical
Contact

He also - I am not making this up - published a crude video about King Tut on another website.

did he do it without a cane? was he young or adult?
I wonder if LE checked cane for weapon?
as in beating.......

I saw on the news he is now allowed to come and go.........LE must be giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Building order evicted him, he must move asap............

Comparing the two photos, I think they are remarkably similar - same spacing of features, overall face shape, etc. I'm surprised the girlfriend didn't think the cctv pic is him, as the only possible difference seems to be the man in the Sunoco pic has a slightly fleshier face? Maybe a few pounds heavier?

Interestingly, both seem to have identical asymmetry of the nose. The nostril on OUR left as you look at the pics is wider than the right one and seems to make the tip lean a little to one side. So the nose is just a little 'off', as though it might have received a hard knock at one time.

I wish we had clearer pics - on Teleka's thread, someone managed to match identical pigment marks on two photos, very cleverly!

http://m.wtae.com/news/police-searc...iberty-double-homicide-investigation/24565884

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 52
Neighbor and girlfriend being evicted owe $685 in rent and $970 in damages.

Criminologist talks about crime and murders of sisters. The case involves control, greed and power. She said the culprit likely has a criminal history of robberies or burglaries. He thought they had money or something he could take.

Using bleach he knows his DNA is in database and he is trying to evade. So he's organized.

He attempted to evade video ..
“It's still an attempt to control the circumstances,” Pettler said. “He's still controlling what's going on. He's saying, ‘You can't see me.' … He knows he's at a high risk for detection, so he's taking precautions.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5638310-74/police-criminologist-pettler#ixzz2u49xSMlu
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Comparing the two photos, I think they are remarkably similar - same spacing of features, overall face shape, etc. I'm surprised the girlfriend didn't think the cctv pic is him, as the only possible difference seems to be the man in the Sunoco pic has a slightly fleshier face? Maybe a few pounds heavier?

Interestingly, both seem to have identical asymmetry of the nose. The nostril on OUR left as you look at the pics is wider than the right one and seems to make the tip lean a little to one side. So the nose is just a little 'off', as though it might have received a hard knock at one time.

I wish we had clearer pics - on Teleka's thread, someone managed to match identical pigment marks on two photos, very cleverly!

http://m.wtae.com/news/police-searc...iberty-double-homicide-investigation/24565884
Thanks for your thorough analysis of the photos. I concur with each point.

If you can get me a link to Teleka's thread, I would appreciate it.

Hialeah great job!! can you explain the "certain behaviors" that caught the sisters' attention.

The "certain behaviors" refer to the POI, which caught the attention of investigators. Too vague to know what it means. But things he did (maybe like having the pants "on him") means Lucy has some 'splainin' to do.

Criminologist talks about crime and murders of sisters. The case involves control, greed and power. She said the culprit likely has a criminal history of robberies or burglaries. He thought they had money or something he could take.

Using bleach he knows his DNA is in database and he is trying to evade. So he's organized.

“It's still an attempt to control the circumstances,” Pettler said. “He's still controlling what's going on. He's saying, ‘You can't see me.' … He knows he's at a high risk for detection, so he's taking precautions.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5638310-74/police-criminologist-pettler#ixzz2u49xSMlu
I agree with most of that, and that control was a strong motivator, and he did go through the house looking for stuff, presumably to steal. He was under pressure to pay the rent. Maybe Susan and Sarah were trying to help him out by giving him odd jobs. He might have just killed her because she could identify him as the perp to police. He might have killed Sarah as she entered the home and found him there, and he killed her too because she recognized him. And yes, thugs kill for less than 2 cell phones.

But, in my view, this criminal profile ignores the overkill, which went beyond what was necessary to control what sounds like a gentle, compliant woman. That is a significant detail. He went over and above what was necessary to control them - he beat Susan viciously, then stripped her body post-mortem. When profit is the motive, moderate force is used, and the killer gets the heck out of there as soon as he accomplishes his task. I can't see how an organized ransacking of a residence for valuable objects would take anyone two whole hours. We don't know how much time elapsed before Susan's death, and Sarah's. He might have forced Susan through the house, searching for valuable items (lights on all floors of the house), then killed her.

Profit motivated criminals don't hang out for two hours, and strip the victim naked, and if you will allow me to beat that poor dead horse again - they don't have the victim's sweatpants "on them" when they are stopped by police for questioning on the street heading homeward, 10 days after the murder? Why hadn't he disposed of this evidence, if not being detected was his motive? Did he remove all of her clothes from the crime scene, and was putting a sock in one trash can, a bra in another, a shirt down a sewer, etc? I wouldn't think it would take 10 days to do so. He might have hidden her clothes in trash cans by his residence, and removed as many as he could carry comfortably on his walks. Did he hide them in his residence, but that might raise suspicions of his girlfriend. (BTW - where was she that night? Maybe working night shift, and he knew he could evade her attention for a period of time.)

He might have waited for Sarah to steal her car. It would have been handy to carry away Susan's bloody clothes, if in fact they were removed from the scene. Did he dump them all at the Sunoco? The car was ditched easy walking distance from 703 Chislett, and as we know, this guy is a prodigious walker in the area. It was cold, but he was used to walking.

Why strip her naked if all you wanted was her dang cell phone, or some money, or jewelry? Why douse her with bleach? In my view, some other significant physical contact took place, such as sexual assault (this has not been mentioned by police and is pure speculation on my part, but based on other crime scenes where crude cleansing occured).

Was his own blood on her, making him strip her to remove evidence of his blood? Personally, I can't see sweet Susan fighting back, scratching or biting him, or hitting him with an improvised object. I think Susan would have submitted quickly and easily, and told him to help himself to anything, if he didn't hurt her. Controlling her would be easy to accomplish - not require a vicious beating.

He brought no ligaments with him. Why take her down into the basement? That may be an organized act to suppress sounds of gunfire. Taking a victim from one place to another, to me, seems to be another signature in this crime, a more secret place to control and manipulate the body.

Is this guy smart enough to think about destroying little things like fiber evidence or his hair? I can see him being smart enough to want to bleach away seminal fluid and saliva or (his) blood, but why else douse her with bleach?

He's also a con man who pretended to befriend them. Part of his plan was to insinuate himself into their lives. Is this consistent behavior prior to a robbery, vicious beating, and an execution style murder with a gun?

The criminologist quoted in the article certainly has way more credibility than I do. You have to give me points for imagination (ha ha).

But they don't always get it right. One said the Gainesville Ripper was a physician or medical student, because the killings showed detailed knowledge of anatomy. That wasn't even close - Danny Rolling was an uneducated dirt bag.

colette, thanks for this article, good news for the neighbors that this fellow is being kicked out, just how did he manage $970 dollars in damages? was he throwing objects at the walls or what.

His girlfriend came home for lunch I assumed she works days, maybe she rotates shifts though one week days another week 2nd shift, how could he be over in Susan and Sarah's home? wish we could get it clarified.

I don't understand the time gap either why did he stay in the home so long?
why was Susan beaten? did the POI go over to borrow rent money? he knew the home sold for $200K. Susan was in a hurry for her appointment but, he wouldn't let up on money. Possibly he ranted and raved on getting more furious by the minute. Looking for a motive it would be dreadful if it was over rent money. One article I read the neighbor helped the ladies move furniture and carry in groceries another said he has never been in the home. I wondered if Susan and Sarah just gave him and his girlfriend old clothes they didn't need anymore and other odds and ends, that explains the jogging pants.

LE has not mentioned Susan's appointment, so another thought was someone came via taxi for a meeting with Susan, that's if the now POI is ruled out, Oh! yes he's so smart, so organized such a planner, I'll dump sarah's car over by the Library to make it look like someone from that region.

it was very cold IIRC the night the sisters were murdered, so pic to the right person has heavier clothes and neck not showing. Also weight........nerves after murder could make a person lose weight fast. These photos are weeks apart. IMO I really believe it is the same person.

Evicted? what neighborhood will get him now?
If he can't pay rent or damages can LE arrest him for the landlord?
This may be a PLAN between landlord and LE to get him locked up for awhile.
If he can't pay rent then he can't pay for bail...........JMOO

Evicted? what neighborhood will get him now?
If he can't pay rent or damages can LE arrest him for the landlord?
This may be a PLAN between landlord and LE to get him locked up for awhile.
If he can't pay rent then he can't pay for bail...........JMOO

He'll go home to mom.

I wondered if Susan and Sarah just gave him and his girlfriend old clothes they didn't need anymore and other odds and ends, that explains the jogging pants.

The problem I have with that is - they just moved into the house in December. 6-7 weeks prior to the murder. Seems unlikely they would have odds and ends to give away. If they had lived in the house for years, absolutely they had stuff accumulated. Susan had just moved from Iowa, and was in rather limited finances - why drag things she didn't need all that way? There is a nice Goodwill store near by. I personally would not insult someone by giving them a pair of my used sweat pants - I'd drive them to Goodwill. A coat maybe. No reason to suppose POI needed clothes, especially something as pedestrian as sweat pants, imho.

Here's the dead horse I beat again and again - he had the pants "on him" when police picked him up as he walked back to Chislett. Why? Was he coming back from a laundromat? There are no laundromats nearby, which must make it hard on people in the area.... Did the police go through a laundry bag filled with nice clean articles of clothing? - they did not have a warrant at this time to search for evidence. For what it is worth, both Marty Griffin and Marcie Cipriani raised their eyebrows when reporting this detail - they found it weird too.

Also - a pair of sweat pants were found by the abandoned Ford Fiesta. Oopsy! There was a business card in the pocket. Police made it seem like it was evidence of some kind. My reading of it was police revealed this info because it might have linked the POI to a place he was the day of the murders, hoping someone would remember him.

He'll go home to mom.

We have heard from his girlfriend's mom, who says he's a nice, nice guy, who got in trouble when he was young. (Meanwhile, last arrest was 8/2013.)

Girlfriend's relative/friend who said that wasn't him in the Sunoco CCTV - which, IMHO is an attempt to protect him from the police, - might be willing to shelter him/them. Probably East Liberty. Somewhere in the East End.

There are also a shelter for men at East Liberty Presbyterian Church, and a Women's Crisis shelter in Penn Circle - they may have to resort to these. Yeah, they'd take them in.

Checked "In Memory of Dr.Sarah Wolfe "on Facebook the following was posted
February 18th:-

"At the request of the Wolfe family,the post asking for assistance identifying the man from the bus camera has been taken down.
The man has been found, questioned and released. Please continue to encourage anyone you might know in the Morningside/ Highland Park area to report anything suspicious in the area to Pittsburgh Police - they really want to follow up on all the tips they can get"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back