Manner of Death :: Homicide​

Lawrence Cannon, 31
Cause of Death :: Gun-Shot Wound
Manner of Death :: Homicide

Initial Defendant:
Steven Procopio
White / Male / 19 Years Old
Born: 8 Dec 1999

New Castle, Lawrence County is in Western, PA.
Day Three

4)) WPXI TV-11:
NEW CASTLE TRIPLE HOMICIDE:Police searching for second suspect in New Castle triple homicide

5)) Google Supplements & Updates:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=lEbGW4CxE4OJggeKtKigCA&q=3+homicides+-+new+castle,+PA&oq=3+homicides+-+new+castle,+PA&gs_l=psy-ab.12...521319.525555..532748...0.0..0.100.1108.13j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i7i30j0i5i30j0i8i7i30j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30j33i10.vxt15Z7cMOA

Docket Sheets:

A-1)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-53302-CR-0000340-2018
Pre-Trial Confinement ::: Bail Denied
Preliminary Hearing Scheduled for Thursday, 1 Nov

A-2)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJCourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-53302-CR-0000340-2018

Co-Conspirator:
To-Be Named

[Message 5985
Thread 394845]

Last edited:
new-castle-deaths.jpg

@Richrd - I see you can access the docket site! Unfortunately, I have no access & would like to put this one on my list.
Do you mind looking up the other 2 - (Hammer & Cooper) & see if they have court dates scheduled? Also for Procopio had his last one on 11/1 - any updates on him?

TIA! :)

@Richrd - I see you can access the docket site! Unfortunately, I have no access & would like to put this one on my list.
Do you mind looking up the other 2 - (Hammer & Cooper) & see if they have court dates scheduled? Also for Procopio had his last one on 11/1 - any updates on him?

The second suspect in a triple homicide last month in the city was denied bail during his arraignment. Anthony L. Cooper Jr., 19, of Detroit, cried after appearing Tuesday before a Judge and hearing his eight felony charges – three counts each of criminal homicide and conspiracy to commit criminal homicide, one count of attempted criminal homicide and one count of carrying an unlicensed firearm. He did not enter a plea. He is in the Lawrence County jail and is set for a preliminary hearing Nov. 21 in district court.

Jody Hammer, 41, of New Wilmington, also is charged with obstructing justice after being accused of driving Cooper to the bus station in Cleveland. She waived her preliminary hearing Tuesday.

A criminal complaint alleges after the three were killed, Cooper fired his gun at a 7-year-old girl but missed. That 7-year-old girl, the only known witness to the slayings, told police she saw Cooper’s alleged accomplice, 19-year-old Steven Procopio, of New Wilmington, shoot her mother, Pumphrey, and her sister, Emery, before pointing the gun at her.

Procopio pleaded not guilty before a Judge during a Tuesday preliminary hearing on his seven felony charges – three counts each of criminal homicide and conspiracy to commit criminal homicide and one count of carrying an unlicensed firearm, the latter of which the court later downgraded to a first-degree misdemeanor. The Judge ultimately bound his charges over to Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.

Judge denies bail in triple slaying

Thank all for the updates.

So - no next hearing for Hammer or Procopio?

I can't access the articles posted by MamaTiger - so it might be there....

oops - same article as above...

Procopio and Hammer won't be in court again until January 8th. His most recent docket number is CP-37-CR-0000934-2018. Her's is CP-37-CR-0000941-2018. I'm pretty sure the PA Court website doesn't work well with linking directly to court summary reports, but that's where I found it.

It seems like part of the reason for the delay for them is that they want to add more charges for Hammer.

Here's the New Castle News article that goes with the video posted earlier:
Procopio arraigned in triple homicide case

Here's another one from Cooper's arraignment that went into more detail than the news channels seem to:
VIDEO: Cooper sheds tears after homicide arraignment

Procopio and Hammer won't be in court again until January 8th. His most recent docket number is CP-37-CR-0000934-2018. Her's is CP-37-CR-0000941-2018. I'm pretty sure the PA Court website doesn't work well with linking directly to court summary reports, but that's where I found it.

It seems like part of the reason for the delay for them is that they want to add more charges for Hammer.

Here's the New Castle News article that goes with the video posted earlier:
Procopio arraigned in triple homicide case

Here's another one from Cooper's arraignment that went into more detail than the news channels seem to:
VIDEO: Cooper sheds tears after homicide arraignment

gaah-smiley.gif
I can't read either one - EU rules... can you give a 10% synopsis on the 2nd article? TIA!

terrible awful story - those 5 girls who were in the house, one who allegedly witnessed her sister and mom being shot... those kids will need so much... may they get the care and love they will need to grieve and eventually heal and move on from this.

I have no clue what justice looks like for those girls, for the victims' families... no clue.

gaah-smiley.gif
I can't read either one - EU rules... can you give a 10% synopsis on the 2nd article? TIA!

From that article: According to a criminal complaint filed against Cooper, one of the children told an ambulance attendant at the murder scene that she had told her sisters to hide the night before, because she heard arguing. She said that she heard two loud thumps, and that her sister went downstairs and asked what was going on, then she heard a third thump...

Procopio in a second interview with the police told them Cooper pulled the trigger inside the Pumphrey house, according to the complaint. He said he and Cooper left Procopio's residence in Pulaski and were going to Sheetz, but they continued on to Pumphrey's house. Procopio told police that he, Cannon and Pumphrey were on the couch and he saw Cooper pull a gun from his waistband, according to the complaint. He said that Cooper put his finger on the trigger and began to squeeze it and Procopio closed his eyes. He told police that Cooper shot the two, then he shot the child as she was walking down the steps, the complaint alleges.

However, an interview with a 7-year-old child pointed to Procopio as having shot the 10-year-old as she descended the steps...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back