GUILTY PA - Three bodies found in New Castle Home, 16 Oct 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another week has gone by - any updates @lsv7 ?? TIA! :)

Nothing new. Cooper's arraignment is still scheduled for 2/1. I am looking forward to him moving on to the Court of Common Pleas. I occasionally forget that he's behind the other two, use the wrong search, and have a bit of a panic that charges were dropped.

Friday, February 1st:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ ET) - PA – Nichole Pumphrey (31), her daughter, Ameriah Emery (10) & Lawrence Cannon (31) possibly BF (Oct. 16, 2018, New Castle) – only for *Anthony Lavon “Mook” Cooper, Jr. (19) arrested (10/29/18) & charged (10/19/18) with 3 counts of criminal homicide, 3 counts of criminal conspiracy, 1 count of attempted murder & 1 count of carrying firearms without a license. Bail denied
11/13/18 Arraignment hearing – did not enter plea, denied bail. Next preliminary hearing on 11/21.
11/21/18 Update: Next Preliminary hearing on 12/20. 12/20/18: Next Preliminary hearing on 2/1/19.

*Steven Procopio (19) arrested & charged (10/17/18) with 3 counts of criminal homicide, 3 counts of criminal conspiracy, attempted murder & gun offense. Plead not guilty. Bail denied.
Used to babysit Nichole’s kids. 4 other children in home-all safe & in custody.
Had preliminary hearing on 11/1/18. 11/20/18 Update: Next hearing 1/9/19. Trial set for 3/4/19.
11/13/18 Preliminary hearing – Judge bounds his case over to Common Pleas Court. 11/15/18: Judge approves psych evaluation.

*Jody Lynn Hammer (41) rearrested, charged & arraigned (12/21/18) with criminal homicide, conspiracy to commit robbery & hindering apprehension. Held without bond. Originally arrested & charged (10/17/18) with obstruction of justice. $50K bond.
11/13/18 Arraignment: Plead guilty to obstruction of justice, released from custody on 11/19/18. Formal arraignment obstruction charges on 1/8/19.
12/21/18 Update: Hammer rearrested & charged & arraigned (12/21/18) with criminal homicide, conspiracy to commit robbery & hindering apprehension. Held without bond. Preliminary hearing scheduled on murder 12/28/18. 1/8/19 Formal arraignment.

Cooper's hearing got moved to 2/19. Assuming there isn't another lawyer named Antonio D. Tuddles, it looks like they got permission to bring in a second defense attorney from Detroit, which is where Cooper is from.

They do still seem to plan on moving on to the next stage quickly, though. He is already showing up in the search for the Court of Common Pleas, which normally wouldn't happen until after the hearing he would have had today.

Thanks lsv7!

Anything on Procopio & Hammer?

Still a go on trial 3/4 for Procopio? or is he still getting a psych eval?

TIA! :)

Nothing new for anyone.

Procopio's docket doesn't exclude the possibility of them deciding to hold him for psychiatric treatment, like it would in some other counties in Pennsylvania.

Procopio's defense has been given an extension until 3/10/2019 for discovery. His trial date is still set for 3/4/2019, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

There's nothing new for anyone else.

Thanks lsv! No I don't think the trial date will be 3/4, if the judge gave them an extension for motions. Making notes! :)

Tuesday, February 19th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ ET) - PA – Nichole Pumphrey (31), her daughter, Ameriah Emery (10) & Lawrence Cannon (31) possibly BF (Oct. 16, 2018, New Castle) – only for *Anthony Lavon “Mook” Cooper, Jr. (19) arrested (10/29/18) & charged (10/19/18) with 3 counts of criminal homicide, 3 counts of criminal conspiracy, 1 count of attempted murder & 1 count of carrying firearms without a license. Bail denied.
11/13/18 Arraignment hearing – did not enter plea, denied bail. Next preliminary hearing on 11/21.
11/21/18 Update: Next Preliminary hearing on 12/20. 12/20/18: Next Preliminary hearing on 2/1/19.
2/1/19 Update: Hearing moved to 2/19.

*Steven Procopio (19) arrested & charged (10/17/18) with 3 counts of criminal homicide, 3 counts of criminal conspiracy, attempted murder & gun offense. Plead not guilty. Bail denied.
Used to babysit Nichole’s kids. 4 other children in home-all safe & in custody.
Had preliminary hearing on 11/1/18. 11/20/18 Update: Next hearing 1/9/19. Trial set for 3/4/19.
11/13/18 Preliminary hearing – Judge bounds his case over to Common Pleas Court. 11/15/18: Judge approves psych evaluation.
2/17/19 Update: Trial date cancelled. Defense has been given an extension until 3/10/2019 for discovery.

*Jody Lynn Hammer
(41) rearrested, charged & arraigned (12/21/18) with criminal homicide, conspiracy to commit robbery & hindering apprehension. Held without bond. Originally arrested & charged (10/17/18) with obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $50K bond.
11/13/18 Arraignment: Plead guilty to obstruction of justice, released from custody on 11/19/18. Formal arraignment obstruction charges on 1/8/19.
12/21/18 Update: Hammer rearrested & charged & arraigned (12/21/18) with criminal homicide, conspiracy to commit robbery & hindering apprehension. Held without bond. Preliminary hearing scheduled on murder 12/28/18. 1/8/19 Formal arraignment. No update 2/17/19

Cooper's hearing definitely happened. They don't have any new dates on the schedule for him yet, but they've updated everything else.

I'll check the local paper tomorrow.

Hammer's preliminary hearing is scheduled for 3/12/2019.

No new trial date for Procopio.

I got this google alert but can't access the article:

Suspect's charges held for court in triple homicide

Does it have a date in there? TIA!

All three are in the Lawrence County jail without bond.

Jody Hammer, 42, is charged with three counts of criminal homicide, and one count each of conspiracy to commit robbery and hindering apprehension or prosecution of Cooper. Her preliminary hearing has been continued until 1:30 p.m. March 12 in Central Court, at the request of the Lawrence County District Attorney's Office, which is prosecuting the cases.

Anthony Lavon Cooper, 20, is facing three counts each of criminal homicide and criminal conspiracy to engage in criminal homicide. He also is charged with criminal attempt at criminal homicide and carrying a gun without a license.

Steven Procopio, 19, faces the same charges as Cooper, and his case was held for court Nov. 13 following his preliminary hearing.

One thing that I was glad to see in the article was that police interviewed the children at the Children's Advocacy Center. Children and Youth Services has been involved in a big scandal recently and locals don't have a lot of trust in them right now. It seems smart to have used a private agency instead.

Also, Procopio was in a relationship with Hammer's daughter and that is how he ended up living with her. They had broken up, but he was still living there.

Man ordered to trial in slayings of 3, including girl, 10

NEW CASTLE, Pa. (AP) - A man has been ordered to stand trial in what authorities allege was a robbery-related shooting in western Pennsylvania that killed three people, including a 10-year-old girl.

The New Castle News reports that the attorney representing 20-year-old Anthony Lavon Cooper argues that Lawrence County prosecutors lack credible evidence against his client in the October 16 slayings.
[.....]
Defense attorney Antonio Tuddles unsuccessfully sought dismissal of all charges Tuesday, arguing that although a co-defendant allegedly said his client was involved, a child eyewitness named someone else as the shooter.

and of course no next court date - maybe this one has one - I can't access it....

Suspect in New Castle triple murder to stand trial after attorney asks for dismissal

There's nothing new in the second article.

The higher court just got the original papers from the lower court today. The district attorney's office asked for the delay in Hammer's case, so his case might not make much progress before Hammer's preliminary hearing.

Thanks!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Cooper's formal arraignment is scheduled for 4/9/2019.

There is no new date set for Procopio yet. It still has 3/4/2019 listed.

Hammer's preliminary hearing is on the schedule for 3/21/2019.

They haven't said anything about repairs causing delays, but the courthouse roof was damaged on Sunday.

Actually I have Procopio appearing on 3/10. 3/4 was when his trial was supposed start and Judge gave the defense more time for discovery. I must have got it from this thread somewhere. :)

edited to add - I have Hammer for a pretrial on 3/12. But I shall mark down the 21st. Maybe the 12th was moved to the 21st??

They gave them more time for discovery without ever moving the court date. It's now been scheduled for 4/8/2019.

Sorry, it is the 12th.

Cooper hasn't had any updates.

uhhh.gif
now you have me confused! LOL! okay...

They gave them more time for discovery without ever moving the court date. It's now been scheduled for 4/8/2019.

Sorry, it is the 12th.

That would be Hammer, right?

lsv7 said:
Cooper hasn't had any updates.

But he still has arraignment on 4/8?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads