GUILTY CA - Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, killed by TikTok'r husband, San Diego, 21 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...This is the first time I've even heard about this movie, has anyone seen it yet?
@ttjo, I posted about it before it was released, but you must've missed my post. Yes, @Sustained already saw it. Remember I found out Peacock had a special going for only $20 for a whole year? Well, it's over with now, and I took too long to decide I wanted it. I still might add it eventually. AFAIK, that's the only way to see it.

New Documentary called TikTok Star Murders will be shown on June 25, 2024 on Peacock. (I don't get Peacock, but fortunately we all got to follow the case and trial closely.) Rapper 50 Cent is one of its producers.
Per 50 Cent is quoted as saying--
1720034246503.png
1720034306542.png

A local murder case recently captivated the world, and now a new documentary is set to be released about former TikTok personality and San Diego-based convicted killer Ali Abulaban. In May, he was found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife and her friend. The 90-minute documentary is called "TikTok Star Murders".It takes a deeper dive into the case by revealing more about the Abulaban’s marriage, and the impact domestic violence and social media had on it.
FULL STORY:
or here: New documentary on convicted murderer Ali Abulaban to release 3 days before he's sentenced
New documentary follows double murder case of former TikTok star, Ali Abulaban

Last edited:
@ttjo, I posted about it before it was released, but you must've missed my post. Yes, @Sustained already saw it. Remember I found out Peacock had a special going for only $20 for a whole year? Well, it's over with now, and I took too long to decide I wanted it. I still might add it eventually. AFAIK, that's the only way to see it.

shoot I did miss it, we dont get peacock in canada either.

Last edited:
shoot I did miss it,...
You might've missed that his Sentencing was postponed. Also, that he or someone for him are making social media posts that the Deputy DA complained about, but the Judge shut her down saying it's up to the Sheriff and jail to control that.

"The judge agreed to postpone sentencing until September 6."

You might've missed that his Sentencing was postponed. Also, that he or someone for him are making social media posts that the Deputy DA complained about, but the Judge shut her down saying it's up to the Sheriff and jail to control that.

"The judge agreed to postpone sentencing until September 6."
This is weird:
“According to prosecutors, the continuance was requested by defense so they can hire a prison expert to prepare Abulaban for prison.”

This is a thing now? Prison coaches?

This is weird:
“According to prosecutors, the continuance was requested by defense so they can hire a prison expert to prepare Abulaban for prison.”

This is a thing now? Prison coaches?
i have never been in prison, so i might be completely off, but i feel like if everyone there knows you needed “prison coaching” that might actually make you an easy target? lol

i’m not that surprised it exists because there seems to be coaching for everything nowadays, but a bit surprised the judge would agree to postpone sentencing for this

I admit there’s probably a lot a first-timer needs to know about surviving in prison, I just didn’t know it was a profession to train people in them.

I admit there’s probably a lot a first-timer needs to know about surviving in prison, I just didn’t know it was a profession to train people in them.
He will likely have to buddy up with some group to be safe. The narcissistic aggressive behavior he demonstrates might not suit him well in the state max.

True that he has a propensity to go off impulsively and aggressively, but I think historically much of his trouble on record was acting out with Ana. Domestic violence. I don't remember many instances where he got into fights with men. They might not have liked him though-- his military buddies or in his social circle.

This is all MOO here. He always felt he had trouble fitting in, so this perhaps is a proactive move to get a "prison expert's help". Recognizing he could get himself killed if he rubs someone the wrong way the expert can try to get through to him on what not to do. In prison, in general population, yes, getting on someone's nerves might cause serious fatal problems for him.

He's not especially aggressive, IMO. Didn't have gang affiliations or a long history of violent crimes. It was mainly DV. I bet there's a high percentage of narcissists in the prisons. MOO, there's more violent, way worse characters than Ali in there.

San Diego is in the middle of extended hot, hot heat wave. Just caught this on the news. Tomorrow, 9/6/2024, Ali Abulaban will be formally sentenced. Channel Fox5 News will be in the courtroom to cover it. Can't find it, but here's the link for tomorrow's news.

That was a crazy sentencing. I think mom of Ali had the outburst at the start? Ali read from a prepared statement and made it All About Himself.

Judge handed down-
Life without Parole x 2 , consecutive.

I didn't like the gallery CLAPPING at the end tho. Come ON. None of this should be applauded, either way.

Last edited:
Im behind, Im still listening to the lawyers arguing for a retrial.
That was a crazy sentencing. I think mom of Ali had the outburst at the start? Ali read from a prepared statement and made it All About Himself.

Judge handed down-

I didn't like the gallery CLAPPING at the end tho. Come ON. None of this should be applauded, either way.

I would hate the clapping too. Im not there yet, but I hated when they clapped at the end of the trial when the verdict was read.

He really is way too reactive at the worst times. he cant even contain himself in front of the judge who is about to hand down his sentence.
The part of the letter that addressed his daughter "when you grow up please dont blame yourself'?' ... HUH? That was way out of left field. why would she?

Ali got exactly what he deserved - when the judge said the defendant had no prior record, it was only b/c he wasn't arrested and charged with DV on Ana and/or pulled over on cocaine possession changes.

Guaranteed he will try and get a contraband cell in lockup and try and post Tik Tok videos.

How much do you want to bet Ali is beyond thrilled that the judge said to the entire world ON THE RECORD that "He is a very talented actor.... he is a VERY talented actor."

You know his deluded mom is "here, here"-ing him about all of this and Ali laments missing out on his Hollywood Dream.

Judge handed down-

Thank You for posting this here. You made it easier for me, not having to hunt it down.

The victim impact statements are full of the pain & sorrow Ali caused taking their loved ones away in an act of selfish violence. The impact statements are meant to sink in and be remembered by Ali as he pays for taking two precious young lives, and as he serves his life sentence in prison.

The Judge finds no mitigating factors. The Judge objectively went over all the jurors heard in the trial. The judge sees the planning and the crimes as not as linked to the passion, his childhood, his mental health, or drugs, but to Ali's selfishness and willfulness for vengeance. Judge plainly states he thinks mainly of himself, and that Ali is the Scar Face character of his TikTok. Whether the sentencing should be concurrent or consecutive, it turns out to be consecutive.

Former TikTok star sentenced in double murder

Abulaban was sentenced to a total prison term of 50 years to life plus two terms of life without the possibility of parole.

“The bottom line here is he will die in prison. He will never be a free man. He will take his last breath there,” Judge Jeffrey Fraser told the courtroom.

1725660365452.png
1725660496425.png
1725660591178.png1725660545193.png

Former TikTok star sentenced in double murder
Fox5 KUSI News - September 6, 2024

'He will die in prison' | Ali Abulaban sentenced to 50 years to life for murder of wife and friend
CBS 8 San Diego

MOO, an important lesson for those going into prison for life---- You do not have to react everytime to everything. Sometimes it's best to not react. People who have you figured out already, and they "got your number" will figure out they can manipulate you into reacting. In prison that can be dangerous, or cause you great inconvenience. Staying alive in prison is an objective. They'll be able to bet you'll react, and set you up to show yourself as a fool. You don't need to react to everything.

In memory of Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, always remember them.​

MOO, an important lesson for those going into prison for life---- You do not have to react everytime to everything. Sometimes it's best to not react. People who have you figured out already, and they "got your number" will figure out they can manipulate you into reacting. In prison that can be dangerous, or cause you great inconvenience. Staying alive in prison is an objective. They'll be able to bet you'll react, and set you up to show yourself as a fool. You don't need to react to everything.

In memory of Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, always remember them.​

That's just it ... Ali WILL react as that's how he is wired. IMO, he'll be paranoid when he arrives at his final state prison
destination and will be anxious to earn respect. Problem for him will be there are plenty of LWOPers that have nothing to lose and will test him to get under his skin. He's likely destined for a Level 3-4 facility in Cali to start where the worst of the worst reside. The other issue I see for Ali is finding a prison gang/group in which to belong. He doesn't fit with the Latino gangs, African-Americans, skinheads, etc. so he may have an issue fitting in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back