GUILTY PA - Timothy Piazza, 19, Dies In Penn State Frat Hazing, 2 Feb 2017 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly. It almost makes it worse. That this abuse has gone on for years and years of cycles and no one stopped it. Even when they had the chance as the abuser, rather than the victim. I don't doubt it haoo d to them all! But why didn't they stop the cycle if they knew how horrible it was.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

To me, it isn't particularly the abuse, it is that no one got help for him when he so obviously needed it.

News Flash:

[h=1]Video deleted from Penn State fraternity camera in Timothy Piazza case, police say
[/h]Susan Miller, USA TODAY Published 2:47 p.m. ET Aug. 10, 2017

Video on a camera inside a Penn State fraternity house was erased two days after a pledge died following a night of hazing and heavy drinking, a detective testified Thursday, according to media reports.
State College Police Detective David Scicchitano said he believed he knew the identity of the person who deleted the footage, PennLive.com reported. He said it was one of the fraternity members facing charges in connection with Piazza's death, but he did not reveal the name in court and said the footage disappeared before police could collect it.

The hearing, which is expected to enter a fifth day Friday, will determine whether there is enough evidence to send the case to trial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...leted-penn-state-fraternity-camera/556001001/

Exactly. It almost makes it worse. That this abuse has gone on for years and years of cycles and no one stopped it. Even when they had the chance as the abuser, rather than the victim. I don't doubt it haoo d to them all! But why didn't they stop the cycle if they knew how horrible it was.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

And what about the Interfraternity Council at Penn State -- they had no idea??? They are not blameless, IMHO.

"Members of a now-shuttered Pennsylvania State University fraternity will learn on Friday whether a district judge believes there is enough evidence to send charges related to the death of a pledge to county court for trial.

District Judge Allen Sinclair said after the seventh day of a preliminary hearing ended Thursday that he would render his decision Friday at 11 a.m. The ruling could result in dismissal of some or all of the hundreds of charges filed against Beta Theta Pi and its members."

http://wtop.com/business-finance/2017/08/judge-nearing-decision-in-penn-state-frat-death-hearing/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"A judge has dropped the most serious charges against Penn State fraternity members linked to the death of a pledge whose agonizing night after a fall down stairs was captured by security cameras.

District Justice Allen Sinclair made his ruling Friday over whether prosecutors have put on enough evidence to send the charges against the now-shuttered Beta Theta Pi fraternity and 16 former members to county court for trial.

In all, 18 fraternity brothers faced charges that for some included involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault, while others are charged with less serious allegations. Two defendants waived the hearing.

Eight faced the most serious charges of involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault, but the judge on Friday dropped those charges.

Four of the defendants who were charged with single counts had their cases dismissed, but the rest were ordered to stand trial on the remaining charges including reckless endangerment, hazing and tampering with evidence.

Fourteen fraternity brothers are now headed to trial in the case.

"Obviously now the teeth have really been taken out of the commonwealth's case," defense attorney Michael Engle said."

Charges scaled back in Penn State frat pledge death - CBS News
https://apple.news/A83srhXKARA--4yIttO3iJQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 1 2017, 12:12 pm ET

Penn State Hazing Death: Felony Charges Dismissed, 14 Frat Members to Stand Trial

by Ezra Kaplan and Erik Ortiz

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Fourteen members of a disbanded Penn State fraternity must stand trial in the hazing death of a pledge, but a judge on Friday tossed out the most serious charges, including involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault.

Eight of the former Beta Theta Pi brothers saw those serious charges dismissed. In addition, four of the total 18 defendants had all of their charges dropped.

The charges that remain are misdemeanors, and the former Beta brothers originally facing aggravated assault counts, a first-degree felony, could have seen as many as 10 to 20 years in prison if found guilty.

Some of the defendants are still facing a reckless endangerment charge, which carries up to a two-year
prison sentence, as well as hazing and alcohol-related charges...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ony-charges-dismissed-14-frat-members-n798076

It seems that the case on the more serious charges was predicated on the video evidence that one of the defendants erased. I can’t help but feel like the investigators dropped the ball and now the Piazza’s desire for justice is going to be left wanting.

I'm a bit surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be ... money talks, and the parents surely spent some for the defense of their sons. SMH. I think an injustice has been done here, in so many ways.

I hope the Wrongful Death suits gallop along with success against the fratty-baggers. It will hit them in their wallets for a long time to come, and there would be nothing the daddies can do about it. Keeping my fingers crossed on this. Still SMH. Dammit.

I am not sure that the fingerpointing between all of the young men would have gotten a conviction for manslaughter. (I hate to say it but...)

I hope that the Piazza family sues each and every one of the people who are responsible for not getting him help. I would love to see judgements against each of these young men that will curtail their salaries and make them think every day until the judgments are paid off.

Oh wow. Well, that's one way to make all the fraternities around the country watching feel better about the hazings that could possibly cause a death. Knowing that any serious charges won't stick, even before getting started in the process. Just great. Yet again, a lack of accountability for really horrendous actions and inactions by SO many people, including adults who are designed to oversee this process.

This case makes me sick to my stomach.

A great injustice has been done here, for Timothy and his loved ones.

Truly disgusts me.

Charges refiled -

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Prosecutors moved to reinstate most of the dismissed charges Friday against 11 members of a now-closed Penn State fraternity for actions related to the death of a pledge earlier this year after a night of drinking and hazing.

A judge in early September threw out the most serious charges against eight defendants, involuntary manslaughter and felony aggravated assault, but all 16 of those counts were refiled. As a result, those defendants again face the possibility of several years in prison, if convicted.

There were no new charges against two who had waived the preliminary hearing, against four who faced single counts that were thrown out in September, or against one defendant who had 28 of 52 charges tossed and is accused of buying alcohol for the Beta Theta Pi bid acceptance night party.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-refile-most-charges-penn-state-frat-death-n815221

WOW!! Am I glad to see this. IMO, the judge's ruling in the first hearing was wrong. Those frat brothers caused the death of a human being, someone who wanted to be a brother in the fraternity. The ones in charge went way overboard with all the pledges -- it could have been more than one pledge who died that night. This type of frat initiation has got to stop.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this one, Jink!

I'm going back to my "case" book for this one, and adding some blank pages.
Justice for Timothy Piazza and his grieving family.

I'll bet some of these guys are crapping in their pants tonight :boohoo:

** WARNING **

* Please do not read this list of numerous deaths from Fraternity Hazing in the link if you are prone to anxiety or PTSD *

I became overwhelmed with the number of death tolls arising from Hazing incidents.

http://www.hanknuwer.com/hazing-deaths/

20171021_WOM981.png

219) 2017

Penn State

Beta Theta Pi

Manslaughter charges

Eight of 18 students charged in the hazing death of Tim Piazza also are facing manslaughter charges. according to Centre County D.A. Stacy Parks Miller. Other charges include hazing and providing alcohol to minors. The eight charged in PSU death: Brendan Young, Daniel Casey, Gary DiBileo, Luke Visser, Nick Kubera, Jonah Neuman, Joe Sala, and Michael Bonatucci. Piazza was a non-drinker in high school and was abused by members while in less than full control of his functions.

Allen W. Sinclair is a judge for the Centre County Magisterial District in Pennsylvania.[1]

Elections 2017

Pennsylvania will hold local judicial elections on November 7, 2017. A primary election occurred on May 16, 2017. The filing deadline for candidates who wished to run in this election was March 7, 2017. Candidates and recently appointed judges of the Courts of Common Pleas must initially run in partisan elections. Subsequent terms are won through retention elections. Elections for the Magisterial District Courts are always partisan. Pennsylvania allows cross-filing for candidates running in partisan elections. Most candidates run in both the Democratic and Republican primaries.[2]

Incumbent Allen W. Sinclair is running unopposed in the general election. He was unopposed in the Democratic and Republican primaries. [3][4]

See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2011
Sinclair was re-elected after running unopposed in 2011. He cross-filed with the Republican and Democratic parties.[5][6]

Selection method

See also: Partisan election of judges
Judges of the Pennsylvania Magisterial Districts are selected in partisan elections. They serve six-year terms. After their initial term, magistrates must run for new terms in contested races.
https://ballotpedia.org/Allen_W._Sinclair

Allen W. Sinclair

Moshannon Valley Enterprise
Center II, 118 Enterprise Drive
Philipsburg, PA 16866
phone: 814-342-4557
fax: 814-342-0292
http://www.pacourts.us/courts/minor-courts/magisterial-district-judges/

Magisterial District Judge Allen W. Sinclair notes office activity for 2016
Mar 2, 2017
PHILIPSBURG — Magisterial District Judge Allen W. Sinclair, District Court No. 49-3-03 has released his annual report to inform the public of the activities of his office for 2016.

A total of 6,158 cases were filed in his office with gross receipts of $894,646.65. The cases filed included 5,526 traffic cases, 281 non-traffic cases, 187 criminal cases, seven protection from abuse and 157 civil, which includes landlord/tenant cases.

http://www.theprogressnews.com/prog...cle_45d63a6f-fa39-5c0a-bc9a-98642a6a5eef.html

Love it! Read it and Weep, Farts Frats

BELLEFONTE, Pa., Nov 13 (Reuters) - A Pennsylvania prosecutor charged an additional 12 members of a Pennsylvania State University fraternity <> in the death of a 19-year-old student after examining recovered surveillance-camera video of an alcohol-fueled initiation rite >

.... video captured games involving the rapid consumption of wine, beer and vodka in the fraternity house's basement during a party for newly accepted members and showed Piazza being given at least 18 drinks over a period of 1 hour and 22 minutes....

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...zing-death-leads-to-12-more-charged/23275870/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back