PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police in West Brandywine Township, Pa. (Chester County) are looking for a woman who was last seen early Sunday morning.

West Brandywine police are asking for the publics help in finding 29-year-old Toni Sharpless of North Field Drive. Police say the woman was last seen in the area of Gladwyne, Montgomery County on Sunday around 3am at a house party.

She was driving her black 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, with Pennsylvania tag DND-7772.

Sharpless is described as 5-feet-5-inches tall, with red hair and blue eyes. She weighs about 135 pounds and was last seen wearing a turquoise shirt with black tights and black sandals.

Anyone with information on the missing woman or her car is urged to call 911 or West Brandywine Police at 610-380-8201.

http://www.missingtonisharpless.com/

http://www.facebook.com/people/Toni-...00000461650586

Toni Lee Sharpless has some demons in her past, but she's pulled her life together with a rewarding job and an adorable daughter. But a night on the town threatens this stability, sending Toni over the edge and leading to her dramatic disappearance.

Toni's story will air on Feb. 14 on the TV Show : Disappeared at 9:00 pm
Insestigation Discovery

I saw the preview for Toni's episode on Monday's show. I watch the show every week and usually read up on the upcoming episode and form an opinion. After seeing this week's preview, I was just left with an empty dark feeling. I pray that this show will bring in a tip that solves this case.

Local missing woman's story makes national tv

[snip]

Police have been searching for her for close to two years. Now, a national television show is taking up her case. Toni’s story will air on the Investigation Discovery network Monday night at nine.

[snip]

Toni Sharpless was a nurse at LancasterGeneralHospital and wanted to further her nursing degree. She also has a 13 year old daughter.

More: http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...makes-national-tv/oyNT3FGpUUyxGGfUW2IV0A.cspx

I think the episode was just okay in consideration to the some of the others that they have had on the series. I guess I was expecting to possibly hear something new or some other theories out there. It did clear up the license plate "hit" which people had been questioning.

Wow, just watched the show, and have no clue. When TES found 11 cars in the river, I thought for sure hers would be down there, as I forgot about the license plate being photographed later.

I'm not sure I buy into the private eye's theory that she is a victim of a sex trafficker. But I don't have anything else to offer either. How horrible. How sad that drinking alcohol that night, with the meds she was taking, clearly (to me) led to whatever terrible thing happened to her. She had a very trouble past, it is significant that she was able to get her nursing degree with all of her problems, and sad that one night of partying led to...whatever.

I missed the show because my TV broke. Can someone explain how the explained the HIT on the tag?

Did they have any of the party guest on?
I had really wanted to see the friend speak.

I think the episode was just okay in consideration to the some of the others that they have had on the series. I guess I was expecting to possibly hear something new or some other theories out there. It did clear up the license plate "hit" which people had been questioning.

What did they say about the license hit?

The plate was photographed by a squad car while it was unoccupied, so LE did not receive the hit info for a few days; if the officer had been in the car at the time, he would have received an alert since the car was reported missing. In other words, it was kind of like a "red light" camera...

Her friend Crystal was very believable to me and insisted on a LD test after feeling persecuted, in part by the internet, LE said she was never suspected of holding back. LE also spoke to the man who invited them to his brother's house for the party, who told the same story about how Toni began acting out at the party, screaming and becoming agressive and throwing furniture, etc...Crystal finally had to phone a nephew to drive 40 miles to pick her up on the side of the interstate where Toni made her get out of the car.

The plate was photographed by a squad car while it was unoccupied, so LE did not receive the hit info for a few days; if the officer had been in the car at the time, he would have received an alert since the car was reported missing. In other words, it was kind of like a "red light" camera...

Her friend Crystal was very believable to me and insisted on a LD test after feeling persecuted, in part by the internet, LE said she was never suspected of holding back. LE also spoke to the man who invited them to his brother's house for the party, who told the same story about how Toni began acting out at the party, screaming and becoming agressive and throwing furniture, etc...Crystal finally had to phone a nephew to drive 40 miles to pick her up on the side of the interstate where Toni made her get out of the car.

Did they say when or where the car was? Was it pictured before Tony was even missing or after?

The car was on the plate camera in Camden, NJ about 2-3 weeks after she disappeared. That is why various theories came up about drugs and/or prostitution, due to Camden's bad reputation.

Did they say whether they could actually identify the car, or just the plate? I'm wondering whether somebody could have swiped the plates and put them on another stolen car.

Can't be positive but it seemed as though they believe it was her car.

There you have it, her, her car, the credit cards, the cell phone off, vanishes into in to thin air. Strange! Even for Philly.

:maddening:

There you have it, her, her car, the credit cards, the cell phone off, vanishes into in to thin air. Strange! Even for Philly.

:maddening:

I really wish I had saw the show. I cant wait til it is put up on the site.

40 miles ? Are there any witnesses that saw her standing on the interstate?
What is 40 miles away?

The car being flagged by the traffic cam in the cop car kinds seems to me that the car was being disposed of at that time.
Hidden until it could be removed. I do not think Toni ran away. I dont even believe that to be an option and if she was depressed and commited suicide then her car wouldnt have driven by 2 weeks later.

The only thing that makes sence is that she was murdered or died and it is being hidden and covered up and the car being moved later. MO is because where ever it was it could not be gotten to before that maybe because of timing in schedules or it was to hot to move it. 2 weeks would have been hot as well in the neighborhood she went missing in ,not so much in one 20 miles away. Do cars disapear in NJ?
Where could one permanently hide a car in NJ ?

The 40 miles was how far the party was from where Crystal and presumably Toni lived.

There's an old joke that the car thieves in Camden-Trenton-Phillie are so good, they can dismantle a car while it's driving on I-95.

There was a case in camden not that long ago about a man and woman being murdered and buried in the back yard and no one noticed. Camden is pretty bad. And its pretty easy to dispose of a body in that area - back yards, abandoned houses, not to mention the pine barrens a short distance away.

If Toni had ran out of gas, would her friend not have seen her car on the side of the road on the way home? Maybe she took and exit to get gas....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back