PA - Tyler Osborne, 22, Boyertown, 29 Dec 2016 *Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The investigation began in August 2014 when the parents of the 14-year-old girl contacted Lower Providence police to report that they had learned that their daughter and Osborne had engaged in sexual activity.

Court documents indicate that Osborne had as early as January 2014 been advised by police not to have any contact with the girl." http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-ne...ed-for-sex-with-teen-girl-in-lower-providence

"The victim’s parents first went to Lower Providence police on Jan. 3, 2014 to report their daughter was missing. One of the officers was at the victim’s home when the victim and Osborne arrived. The officer told Osborne not to have any more contact with the victim." http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-ne...-to-sex-assault-of-girl-14-he-met-on-facebook

The issue in my mind is not that he made a mistake and the girl lied. He was told by the police in January 2014 to not have contact with the girl b/c of her age. In January 2014 after returning to the girl's home with the police there, he was given fair warning.

Do girls lie? I believe some do. Does that mean they can consent? According to the law in PA, not if they are minors and have x number of years age difference. If he continued to try and successfully have a sexual relationship with her, he is exhibiting predatory behavior. The young love argument can hold if they don't have sex. If the relationship was so enduring, he could be in a non sexual relationship and wait until she is of legal age--- it is possible.

This doesn't seem to be about knowledge of her age. He knew her age. This doesn't seem to be about him being duped. He knew her age. He also knew that he was to keep away from her. He didn't. Three months after getting a police warning, he had sex with her at least twice, according to the referenced articles.

I see he has been posting on FB. I see that others have complimentary and nasty comments about him. That said, he knew not to do the behavior and did it. He also made the choice to drive without having driving privileges. I think I see a pattern here.

I hope he is safe and turns himself in so he can learn from his mistakes and begin his life after he gets out.
Calling him a predator seems unfair. He is clearly the victim of his own poor judgment and sort of "yadda yadda"'d his way through the part of the story where the relationship endured after the initial warning to stay away from her until she was pregnant, so his trouble is definitely a product of his own doing, as it appears that he would not have gotten in hot water if he had just stayed away as ordered.

On the other hand, the encounters appear to be all consensual and he also posted photos showing that SHE is still trying to contact HIM, so her boundaries and respect for either the law or her parents' authority are clearly lacking. Furthermore, it appears that both people have genuine feelings for each other, and he appears to have been honest with her from the start, so this does appear to be more of a real relationship that falls outside of the law than a sexual predator/victim situation.

Regardless, I think the one thing that everyone agrees on is that he needs to turn himself in and just get this situation behind him so he can move on (and by then, maybe she will be 18...).

IMO, he is a predator and he needs to be treated as such.

I hope he either turns himself in or the police get a warrant for his arrest.

Jmo

I didn't name call. You were rude if you go to original post telling me I should rethink something while you are biting your tongue. YOU asked me did I even have kids. I've been here awhile, I get along great with the other kids in the schoolyard. If you just want to shut me down without my response, then you picked the wrong girl. He's on the run, not missing. He's a NOT a victim by TOS rules, and I already said my piece was MOO, JMO, JMHO OMHO......

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do not get why you are so angry. You called him a that's a name and he is missing. I only bit my tongue as to not break rules. I never said the guy was a saint but without really being involved I thought it inappropriate to call someone that. I did not judge you or your parenting skills or anything for that matter. It's just common for girls to lie about their age and both should face consequences.

I do not get why you are so angry. You called him a that's a name and he is missing. I only bit my tongue as to not break rules. I never said the guy was a saint but without really being involved I thought it inappropriate to call someone that. I did not judge you or your parenting skills or anything for that matter. It's just common for girls to lie about their age and both should face consequences.
Sigh, OK we got off on the wrong foot here. Mainly my calling him a is MOO. I can have an opinion. He is on the run from the law, which makes him wanted, not missing. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Except she cannot consent. He has the burden of not contacting or have a relationship with her. In this situation, he has to be the adult regardless of his feelings. To continue to see her appears predatory.JMHO

I like to drink wine but I know I have to drive. My responsibility is to pay attention to the law. If I drink and drive I can't use the excuse that people made me drink. It is no one's fault but my own. If I drink and drive I am committing a criminal act.

I might feel differently if he didn't know her age but he did.
Calling him a predator seems unfair. He is clearly the victim of his own poor judgment and sort of "yadda yadda"'d his way through the part of the story where the relationship endured after the initial warning to stay away from her until she was pregnant, so his trouble is definitely a product of his own doing, as it appears that he would not have gotten in hot water if he had just stayed away as ordered.

On the other hand, the encounters appear to be all consensual and he also posted photos showing that SHE is still trying to contact HIM, so her boundaries and respect for either the law or her parents' authority are clearly lacking. Furthermore, it appears that both people have genuine feelings for each other, and he appears to have been honest with her from the start, so this does appear to be more of a real relationship that falls outside of the law than a sexual predator/victim situation.

Regardless, I think the one thing that everyone agrees on is that he needs to turn himself in and just get this situation behind him so he can move on (and by then, maybe she will be 18...).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where are you guys seeing that he got her pregnant? Is that just a social media rumor?

BTW I really thank everyone for entertaining thoughts on this issue - it is a very good prompt for discourse on morality. I value your point of view even if I don't agree with it.

Even though the 14 yr old wasn't legal of age to consent, she actually did consent (morally) at first, after she lied about her age. And both of them kept the relationship going for a while.

This is a brutal area. Girls of this age don't know what the heck they're doing, even though (we) they all think they do. And boys and many (Not all, thankfully) young men of 19 are just kind of stupid (sorry guys, you know it's true) and don't bother to be as careful as they should be.

I don't see this guy as some deviant sexual predator at all, I see TWO people who made some really BAD choices in their immaturity.

moo.

He did not yet turn himself in, or?!

Doesn't look that way. He's been active on FB within the past 24 hours, and still reported as "out of custody" via an inmate search.

https://www.vinelink.com/#/search

ETA: His recent FB activity is getting more and more concerning and is worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of the circumstances that landed him in jail to begin with, he knows he is violating his parol. Leaving such a visible digital footprint, admitting such won't bode well for him. I'm a bit surprised LE can't find him, simply based on his FB visibility.

ETA- agree he seems to be spiraling down.

He sounds completely hopeless. He needs to turn himself in and be done with it.

He is starting to sound suicidal. He needs to turn himself in, take whatever punishment they give him, do the time and hopefully get out wanting to better himself.

He is starting to sound suicidal. He needs to turn himself in, take whatever punishment they give him, do the time and hopefully get out wanting to better himself.

I have felt all along that he is manipulative. At this point, he is violation. I am not sure what he is hoping for. No one can save him from the trouble he got himself in. He needs to do his time and take responsibility.

I hope he doesn't commit suicide. But, in truth, everyone who continues to encourage him without saying to turn himself is encouraging him to avoid responsibility and he will make more and more desperate attempts for attention.

He is posting pictures on his FB. He visited some museum yesterday.

This guy clearly is playing the system.

I'm pretty sure those pics were from The Franklin Institute which is in Philadelphia. I'm sure he must be staying out of Boyertown. I live 20 minutes away from Boyertown and it's not exactly someplace where you could easily hide out...

He is posting pictures on his FB. He visited some museum yesterday.

This guy clearly is playing the system.

He is quite brash, agree? Posting photos of the attractions he visited yesterday? He goes from trying to play the sympathy card to total arrogance. Digging himself a deeper hole every day. I'm truly surprised LE has not found him with all of his phone activity. He also must need funds.... how is he paying for his life on the run?

He is quite brash, agree? Posting photos of the attractions he visited yesterday? He goes from trying to play the sympathy card to total arrogance. Digging himself a deeper hole every day. I'm truly surprised LE has not found him with all of his phone activity. He also must need funds.... how is he paying for his life on the run?

I think it's possible he swiped these pics from someone else's FB to throw everyone off his trail. Maybe not, though.

I agree he could not hide easily in the small town of Boyertown. At least not the borough. He and I have a mutual FB friend (but she's a teenager who lives in the borough and seems to be friends with just about every other teen there).

He was driving without a license with another 14 yr old girl and he knew her age. He tried to lie and said she was his cousin. The police knew better. Her friend would invite her over and then tyler would meet her at the friend's house. She is grounded. He has contacted her as he misses her, but she is not allowed to see him. 1 14 yr old girl is possibly an error, more than 1 14 yr old girl is a pattern. And sneaking around implies he knows he is doing something wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back