Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thinking: I do find it interesting that the numbers following 'WSR that were written on her hand, were close to the address of this trucking company, (numerical portion for the address is 43) but, I suppose that's fruitless if the company didn't exist on record in the 70's.

I was also thinking, what if the numbers were to identify a "specific work/company vehicle/driver"?

Some companies give each vehicle an ID # of their own.

Sorry, my mind is kind of jumping all over the place here.

Wsr Trucking was founded in 2012, and is located at 43 Parkview Dr in Willow Street. It employs 1 employees and is generating approximately $63,000.00 in annual revenue. Additional information is available by contacting this business at (717) 584-0741.

WSR TRUCKING
43 Parkview Dr
Willow St, PA 17584

717-584-0741

Fictitious name 2004. I was hoping the WSR would mean something in terms of the name of someone associated with the business. Don't see that anywhere.

https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch

Sorry @ car buff, I should've been clearer. I meant that if it were a random perp that picked her up, he may not have noticed the belly until she got inside the vehicle. Lot's of people don't show even at 8 months, females can cover up with big hooded sweaters and sweatshirts easily.

Also, I do wonder about the baby's daddy theory and you're right, maybe someone didn't want to be a daddy?

Or maybe somebody else was the daddy and he wasn't happy?

Water and Sewer Resources.

edited to add: On a very quick search, I am not seeing any city other than Bethlehem that uses that acronym. Further research is in order.

I did find one positive thing tonight...In Pennsylvania, found-body cases are assigned random numbers, and investigators are required to update them once a year. So, when a new method or scientific advancement becomes available, officers check if it can be applied to a long-cold case." So, although it's been 40 years, LE is supposed to be checking on her case annually at the very least.

I have something for everyone to look it...I am probably REALLY OFF here, but I thought that it was worth a shot...ALL Opinions welcome. The poster on Beth Doe says that she has 2 moles on the left side of her face, one on her cheek and one above her eye, *BOTH MOLES ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HER FACE*, but if you look at the poster, do you see what is described? I see one mole on the left above the eye and another on the right above the lip. If that description for Beth Doe (which I remind you is 40 years + old ) is inaccurate, is it not all also possible that the eye color could be off as well? I researched details and I came up with something interesting....There was a girl missing from Maine, that disappeared Sept. 24, 1971, which was 5 years prior to Beth Doe being found (1976) and the similarities are crazy. The SCARRING ON THE FEET! The chin is similar, the lips also look similar. The mole above the eye and lip are airily similar. Doe's face is fuller, although it would be if she was in her last month of pregnancy. The hair is short in Beth Doe's picture, VS the known missing victim is shown with long hair, which could simply mean that she cut it, (keeping in mind that the missing girl had been missing for 6 years by the time Beth Doe was found). Both girls had brown hair. The skin is difficult to compare because one of the pictures is only a sketch (Doe's pic) and the other is a black and white photo, so again, it's hard to really make a comparison. The height of the two girls is similar. The weight can't really be compared, again because she was full term. So with all of that said, my question is this....the reported girl is listed with blue eyes, and Beth Doe is listed with Brown. Is it too far off to suggest that maybe the eye color is listed incorrectly on one of them, taking into consideration that the mole locations sited do not seem to match up to what's in the picture? Please just look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts. I am interested in hearing what a fresh set of eyes may see?Stats for CATHY MARIE MOULTON:Classification: Endangered Missing Date Of Birth: June 28, 1955 Age: 16 years old Height and Weight: 5'4, 98 pounds Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Moulton's four eyeteeth have been removed and she wore braces on her teeth and thick eyeglasses with heavy dark-colored plastic frames at the time of her disappearance in 1971. Moulton has scars on both of her feet from wart removal. She has a white spot on her left elbow and flat moles are scattered across her back. Clothing Description: A navy blue all-weather coat, a navy blue pant dress and brown leather shoes.STATS FOR BETH DOE:
Born1951 - 1962 (approximate)
StatusUnidentified for 40 years, 2 months and 19 days
Diedc. December 13–19, 1976
Cause of deathStrangulation
Body discoveredDecember 20, 1976
Resting placeLaurytown Road Cemetery, Weatherly, Carbon County, Pennsylvania, USA
Known forUnidentified victim of homicide
Height4 ft 11 in (1.50 m) (minimum)5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) (maximum)
Weight140 lb (64 kg) to 150 lb (68 kg)
Children1 (at least; unborn)
After a three-hour autopsy on December 23, 1976, it was determined that she was a white woman in her late teens or early twenties. However, her identity could not be established.[15][32][4][33] The cause of death was determined to be that of strangulation, although she had been shot in the neck as well.[34]Beth Doe was between 4 feet 11 inches and 5 feet 4 inches tall. She weighed 140 to 150 pounds (due to her pregnancy}.[5] Her hair, which was shoulder-length, was an undyed dark brown. The medical examiner classified her blood as type O.[5]She had some distinctive markings on her body. A 2- to 6-inch scar was visible above one of her heels.[1][8][32] Two moles on her face, one above her left eye and one on her left cheek, may have developed during her pregnancy.[5][8]Before becoming a teen, some of her molars had been extracted, and she had received fillings in her teeth. However, she had likely not seen a dentist in some time, as she was suffering from severe tooth decay.[18]

Attachments

• Beth_Doe.jpg
    Beth_Doe.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
  • moulton_cathy.jpg
    moulton_cathy.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 6

edited to add: On a very quick search, I am not seeing any city other than Bethlehem that uses that acronym. Further research is in order.

That was my thought exactly. Was she from that area? Was there possibly a Water Tower that had WSR on it? We need a local!!!

That was my thought exactly. Was she from that area? Was there possibly a Water Tower that had WSR on it? We need a local!!!
And did they call it that when Beth was alive? And why did she write it on her hand?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Grant it, that NJ is 12 hours away....but, looking at the initials "WSR", I found this: Winnebago Scout Reservation[FONT=arial, sans-serif], Rockaway, New Jersey.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]It looks like a campground. Maybe she was told that it was a free place to stay for awhile and was heading that way? Just throwing that out there...[/FONT]

I'm fairly new too, ihavehope.

Can't find the exact post that you asked about I-476/the northeast extension of PA turnpike.....but in 1976 it was still called Route 9. Also, it is a toll road now, not sure when tolls were put in - wouldn't that up the chances of being seen? Although it was not a heavily traveled road at that time.

from wikipedia: "On November 1, 1996, the Northeast Extension was added to the Interstate Highway System as an extension of I-476, replacing the PA 9 designation along the road."

PA Road map 1976:
http://www.mapsofpa.com/stateofficial/1976-0320a.jpg

the map also shows a toll on I-80 at the PA/NJ border....now its only a toll to get into PA, not sure if that was the case in 1976. That would be at the Delaware Water Gap.

PA License plates look to have been 6 digits in the 70's....

I've noticed passenger trucks usually start with a Y or Z, not sure if the starting letter indicated anything in the 70s. It looks like one could get vanity plates even then, which don't follow that.

New york plates look to have had a 1234-ABC format in the timeframe of the 70s.

Long shot, but could it be "Window sticker registration"

https://www.ricksplates.com/pennsylvania/papass1.htm#pass71

The next Pennsylvania passenger car plate general reissue was in 1971. Anticipating that they would be used through 1976, these plates bore the legend Bicentennial State '76 along the bottom, and featured a large embossed Liberty Bell graphic separator in the center. (The Liberty Bell is located in Philadelphia, by the way.) The serial number dies were made narrower in order to accommodate the Liberty Bell graphic; these dies remain in use through the present day. The full state name appeared again at the top center, and for the first time, there were sticker wells located in the upper left and upper right corners. On early issues, the left sticker well contained an etched "71", no doubt necessary since the only other year indicated on the plate was the embossed '76. The state map outline border was history; this was the first passenger car plate since 1936, 35 years prior, not to have this feature.

Excellent clue, Carbuff!

ETA: I wonder if Beth wrote WSR and the phone number on her hand as a clandestine way to notify someone she knew (parent, perhaps?) who worked there that she was in trouble?

I have something for everyone to look it...I am probably REALLY OFF here, but I thought that it was worth a shot...ALL Opinions welcome. The poster on Beth Doe says that she has 2 moles on the left side of her face, one on her cheek and one above her eye, *BOTH MOLES ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HER FACE*, but if you look at the poster, do you see what is described? I see one mole on the left above the eye and another on the right above the lip. If that description for Beth Doe (which I remind you is 40 years + old ) is inaccurate, is it not all also possible that the eye color could be off as well? I researched details and I came up with something interesting....There was a girl missing from Maine, that disappeared Sept. 24, 1971, which was 5 years prior to Beth Doe being found (1976) and the similarities are crazy. The SCARRING ON THE FEET! The chin is similar, the lips also look similar. The mole above the eye and lip are airily similar. Doe's face is fuller, although it would be if she was in her last month of pregnancy. The hair is short in Beth Doe's picture, VS the known missing victim is shown with long hair, which could simply mean that she cut it, (keeping in mind that the missing girl had been missing for 6 years by the time Beth Doe was found). Both girls had brown hair. The skin is difficult to compare because one of the pictures is only a sketch (Doe's pic) and the other is a black and white photo, so again, it's hard to really make a comparison. The height of the two girls is similar. The weight can't really be compared, again because she was full term. So with all of that said, my question is this....the reported girl is listed with blue eyes, and Beth Doe is listed with Brown. Is it too far off to suggest that maybe the eye color is listed incorrectly on one of them, taking into consideration that the mole locations sited do not seem to match up to what's in the picture? Please just look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts. I am interested in hearing what a fresh set of eyes may see?Stats for CATHY MARIE MOULTON:Classification: Endangered Missing Date Of Birth: June 28, 1955 Age: 16 years old Height and Weight: 5'4, 98 pounds Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Moulton's four eyeteeth have been removed and she wore braces on her teeth and thick eyeglasses with heavy dark-colored plastic frames at the time of her disappearance in 1971. Moulton has scars on both of her feet from wart removal. She has a white spot on her left elbow and flat moles are scattered across her back. Clothing Description: A navy blue all-weather coat, a navy blue pant dress and brown leather shoes.STATS FOR BETH DOE:
Born1951 - 1962 (approximate)
StatusUnidentified for 40 years, 2 months and 19 days
Diedc. December 13–19, 1976
Cause of deathStrangulation
Body discoveredDecember 20, 1976
Resting placeLaurytown Road Cemetery, Weatherly, Carbon County, Pennsylvania, USA
Known forUnidentified victim of homicide
Height4 ft 11 in (1.50 m) (minimum)5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) (maximum)
Weight140 lb (64 kg) to 150 lb (68 kg)
Children1 (at least; unborn)
After a three-hour autopsy on December 23, 1976, it was determined that she was a white woman in her late teens or early twenties. However, her identity could not be established.[15][32][4][33] The cause of death was determined to be that of strangulation, although she had been shot in the neck as well.[34]Beth Doe was between 4 feet 11 inches and 5 feet 4 inches tall. She weighed 140 to 150 pounds (due to her pregnancy}.[5] Her hair, which was shoulder-length, was an undyed dark brown. The medical examiner classified her blood as type O.[5]She had some distinctive markings on her body. A 2- to 6-inch scar was visible above one of her heels.[1][8][32] Two moles on her face, one above her left eye and one on her left cheek, may have developed during her pregnancy.[5][8]Before becoming a teen, some of her molars had been extracted, and she had received fillings in her teeth. However, she had likely not seen a dentist in some time, as she was suffering from severe tooth decay.[18]

I believe the eye color for both are correct.

Ihavehope2....did you get my PM...I don't think she is our UID. She looks more Italian to me in some reproductions and even in some reproductions she reminds me of Dutch (European) mix with people from Surinam or The Antilles. More olive skin, and a brown-eyed-kind-of type. Did you find an European link? I think the reconstructions are somewhere "in between". But obviously (half post mortem still on the internet, and when I look at it, her eyes seem almost blue, but the color of eyes chance when you die) she has almost creole "mixed in with white" hair...IMO. The moles (the descriptions are clear) are confusing....depending on which reconstruction you look at. What is obvious is the one mole above her left eyebrow. In one reconstruction it looks like she has "something" under her nose on the right site...in others you see a very vague "thing" on the left cheek. Not very recognizable on het post mortem picture IMO, but maybe its blurred or retouched a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member