Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a little trouble with the reply with quote function, but thinking that carbuff's uid find is very interesting, almost wondering if there is in fact a connection. The seemingly careful wrapping of the remains in bedding is reminiscent of Beth's disposal method and they even look somewhat similar, imo. A family member? speculation, imo.

This is probably coincidence, but...

While looking for a match for a different case, I stumbled across this woman, who was found in Downington PA, dismembered, wrapped in a quilt, and in at least one suitcase.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/147ufpa.html

Downington and Bensalem are both about two hours south of White Haven via I-476. Interestingly, it's about an hour south of the Allentown/Bethlehem area, while White Haven is an hour north. Downington and Bensalem are about equidistant from where I-476 meets I-276 https://goo.gl/maps/zRVfyYWfoD82

Posted on UID's thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?52720-PA-Dowingtown-Wht-HispFem-147UFPA-18-40-dismembered-in-suitcase-Jul-95/page2
[h=2]PA - Dowingtown, Wht/HispFem 147UFPA, 18-40, dismembered, in suitcase, Jul'95[/h]

Hi Carbuff. Interesting, although there are a lot of years between the finding of Beth Doe and this one..(1976 and 1995)

Having a little trouble with the reply with quote function, but thinking that carbuff's uid find is very interesting, almost wondering if there is in fact a connection. The seemingly careful wrapping of the remains in bedding is reminiscent of Beth's disposal method and they even look somewhat similar, imo. A family member? speculation, imo.

That was my first thought.

Of course you can find coincidental similarities between any two random cases, but something about these two disturbs me deeply.

I've got the eerie feeling that Beth could have been her daughter....brrrrrr

Think baby's father orchestrated this. Didn't want to be a dad...as time of delivery grew near, he started planning her disposal. WSR and numbers must be significant since victim thought it was important enough to write down. Maybe directions...west south right? Route numbers?

Also, where do u have little access to paper but a pen...car..store?

Carbuff...true! Just thinking what she might have been doing leading up to her death.

WSR...... initials... and numbers could have been this persons phone numb?? First three numbers could have been area code..anyone familiar with what state?

Carbuff...true! Just thinking what she might have been doing leading up to her death.

Yeah, That seems to be critical to identifying her.

I've been rereading a couple of articles about killers' comfort zones. It's hard to extrapolate from only a single incident, but it's a pretty common pattern that a body will be disposed of in an area the killer is familiar with, but usually not near work or home. And usually not too far from the murder site. 30 miles or so.

But looking at where Beth's body was found, there aren't many populated areas in that range. Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, maybe Hazelton and Stroudsburg. Allentown/Bethlehem is a bit farther. But the White Haven area has lots of hunting and fishing cabins (yes this has been mentioned before) and if the killer owned, rented, or had in the past gone to one of those, the familiarity with the area might override the distance. And the writing on her hand makes me wonder whether she was alive when she went there, following directions she got over the phone.

I dunno. I often feel like there's something obvious about this case that I'm just not seeing.

I noticed something when I read those last two posts.

Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton, Hazelton, Stroudsburg, Allentown, Bethlehem, White Haven

The only area with those letters in that order is Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton ( Wilke Sbarres Ranton)

Those two town names are often used together because of their close proximity. She was foreign for a good portion of her early life (I forget the exact isotope info on that) so maybe she muddled the spelling. English would have been her second language if she knew it at all.

I've been through that area. That bridge isn't a 'good' bridge if you wanted to dump a body. It's just the first convenient one IMHO.
As we see in this case, the river is very narrow and very hard to hit at night because the bridge is much higher. That area is surrounded by empty vacant wooded state game lands, but, deer season goes well into January depending on what your shooting. Maybe he knew the area enough to know that.

Rt 476 ( as it is called now, IDK about then) runs right down to Rt 80 and is just east of White Haven - the possibilities for the number is 44, 47, 54, 57

OK - last edit tonight :) - they are being very specific with saying eastern Tennessee with those isotopes. I've read a lot of isotope reports since I last looked at this case and usually they are more generic with areas. Do we have the full isotope report?

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-carbon-county-beth-doe-20141129-story.html An interesting artikel, some peaces from it about the isotopes.

The findings suggest the woman found at the bottom of a bridge wasn't a local girl. Rather, she probably came from western or central Europe. She likely moved to the United States as a child or teen and lived somewhere in the Southeast.

If the findings are correct, Beth Doe was born and spent her early childhood in western or central Europe. She moved to the United States as a child or a teenager. She spent at least five to 10 years in the United States before her murder.
She also most likely became pregnant in this country. And she probably lived in the Southeast, possibly somewhere in eastern Tennessee.
The science is inexact, McAndrew said, although there is no telling what breakthrough will lead them down the proper path toward identifying Beth Doe. Already, McAndrew and his fellow officers are using the evidence to look into missing persons cases in the Southeast.

So she came to the USA between 1966 and 1971, born between 1954 and 1960.

I'm getting so confused about all the different recons....from almost an African American/white mix, to some kind of Italian look, to the last CarlK recon....

It is my believe that this girl was not reported missing. LE did so much searching on international databases, comparing dna, hopes up this case will be solved one day.

Has anyone seen an isotope map for her case, or, a detailed report?

It is believed that she was probably born in Europe and moved to the United States before reaching her teenage years, as examination of her tooth enamel indicated.[SUP][11][/SUP] An initial anthropological examination indicated she may have originated from Serbia or Croatia.[SUP][29][/SUP] Isotope testing was conducted on her hair, teeth, and bones.[SUP][37][/SUP] She had lived in the U.S. for 5 to 10 years, and most likely had resided in Tennessee or a nearby state.[SUP][11][/SUP][SUP][38][/SUP][SUP][39][/SUP][SUP][19][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP] Examination on the unborn girl indicated that the child had gestated while the victim was in the Southeastern part of the country.[SUP][3] [/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Doe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member