Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ever hearing how they chose that nickname for her.

I've been looking and can't find a reason either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just don't personally feel that her killer is a serial killer, and I thought I read that keeping body parts is more of a longtime killer's MO. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not well-versed in that subject lol

Does anyone know why they call this particular doe "Beth"? I have a reason for asking.

I thought I read somewhere that a woman in the morgue gave her that name all though I don't think they gave a reason why this woman would call her Beth maybe she wanted Beth to stand out and not just be another Jane Doe I will have to search.

Had always assumed that she was given the temporary name of Beth because she and her unborn child were found in the Xmas season, ie Bethlehem.
The other reason i assumed,the name came to mind, is due to a home for unwed mothers in the area with a similar name.
Otherwise, not sure why Beth was given that name, could there be a clue in the name that has not been made public?
speculation, imo.
https://www.bethany.org/

"Beth" was a top 10 hit for Kiss earlier that year (the single was released in August or so, which is only a few months before this doe was found).

At least, that's the first thing that comes to mind (I have my original vinyl of Destroyer back home to prove it).

Sorry.....don't google canibals.....because??

Because reading about the things that kind of killer does to their victims will make most people sick to their stomach...

Aha....no...thanks....It's all to horrible as it is...this case....although it could be useful to look if there were similar (possibly related) cases. Not sure this will lead to this poor girl (and baby's) identity.....actually I don't think so...

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts on the name. I just wondered if they had some kind of clue that her name was Beth. I asked because I can't get away from the feeling that this Doe may be related to the Bob Evans case and I thought of "Elizabeth" in that case. A woman and unborn child. She was cut up in pieces and placed in containers as such, just as the Allentown four. It was the year before Bob Evans surfaced in New Hampshire. Don't know if she is the mother of his child, the middle child, but even if she is not, I can't help feeling that he had something to do with this. The other three victims had isotopes that could have been parts of Pennsylvania if I recall correctly. I could be way off with my feelings, but I just can't shake it. I keep coming back to this. His MO seemed to be unidentifiable and under the radar victims. (Until DNA at least).

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts on the name. I just wondered if they had some kind of clue that her name was Beth. I asked because I can't get away from the feeling that this Doe may be related to the Bob Evans case and I thought of "Elizabeth" in that case. A woman and unborn child. She was cut up in pieces and placed in containers as such, just as the Allentown four. It was the year before Bob Evans surfaced in New Hampshire. Don't know if she is the mother of his child, the middle child, but even if she is not, I can't help feeling that he had something to do with this. The other three victims had isotopes that could have been parts of Pennsylvania if I recall correctly. I could be way off with my feelings, but I just can't shake it. I keep coming back to this. His MO seemed to be unidentifiable and under the radar victims. (Until DNA at least).

That's an interesting thought. There are some similarities, for sure.

I think if she had a connection to any of the victims, there would have been a DNA hit. But that wouldn't catch a paternal relationship between the two children, and I don't think they got DNA for Beth's baby, did they?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

BUT, Bob Evan's DNA isn't in NAMUS is it?

I'm only following the Allenstown case(s) peripherally so I really don't know but what means did investigators use to determine that he was the father of the little one but not related to the others?

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts on the name. I just wondered if they had some kind of clue that her name was Beth. I asked because I can't get away from the feeling that this Doe may be related to the Bob Evans case and I thought of "Elizabeth" in that case. .

Seems to me I heard or read that she was called "Beth Doe" because there was another unidentified female at the time called Jane Doe and "Beth" was just to differentiate the two.

If investigators had any inkling that her real name was Beth, I just can't see any reason why that wouldn't be released to the public. What purpose would it serve to keep it secret?

BUT, Bob Evan's DNA isn't in NAMUS is it?

Since he was a convicted felon, it might be (probably is) in CODIS, which Namus uses.

But even if it's not, the UIDs are all compared against each other; if Beth's baby and the Allentown child were half sisters, it ought to have been flagged.

Just on the faintest possibility that WSR written on Doe's hand was referencing this surfer group, the Windansea Surf Rats
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/us/12surfer.html
But for many other residents, the events were not entirely surprising. Violence had long been a part of the local culture at Windansea; one group, the Windansea Surf Rats, had for decades used physical violence to intimidate outsiders and tagged the group’s initials in surf wax on the sidewalk near the beach.

This is probably coincidence, but...

While looking for a match for a different case, I stumbled across this woman, who was found in Downington PA, dismembered, wrapped in a quilt, and in at least one suitcase.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/147ufpa.html

Downington and Bensalem are both about two hours south of White Haven via I-476. Interestingly, it's about an hour south of the Allentown/Bethlehem area, while White Haven is an hour north. Downington and Bensalem are about equidistant from where I-476 meets I-276 https://goo.gl/maps/zRVfyYWfoD82

This is probably coincidence, but...

While looking for a match for a different case, I stumbled across this woman, who was found in Downington PA, dismembered, wrapped in a quilt, and in at least one suitcase.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/147ufpa.html

Downington and Bensalem are both about two hours south of White Haven via I-476. Interestingly, it's about an hour south of the Allentown/Bethlehem area, while White Haven is an hour north. Downington and Bensalem are about equidistant from where I-476 meets I-276 https://goo.gl/maps/zRVfyYWfoD82

Some of the reconstructions of these two look a lot alike. Kind of eerie! Or it could just be me over analyzing. Natural Virgo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay