Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was searching through the different states on the Charlie Projects site. They were one's that boarder TN. I found someone I had not seen before. Her name is Teresa Joanna Gossage. She lived on a military base with her family. She disappeared with her boyfriend in October of 1976. Her height and hair color matches. Eye color is listed as hazel. Does not say she is pregnant but she could have been hiding it.

I want to know if anyone can track down Military records?One of her parents were in the military. I would need to see if we could find records of them being stationed overseas. If this is found then there is even more of a chance since the isotope test suggest that Beth Doe had lived overseas for part of her life. Her family and the family of the person she disappeared with lived on the Fort Leonard wood base in MO.

Attachments

• Teresa.jpg
    Teresa.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 99
I was searching through the different states on the Charlie Projects site. They were one's that boarder TN. I found someone I had not seen before. Her name is Teresa Joanna Gossage. She lived on a military base with her family. She disappeared with her boyfriend in October of 1976. Her height and hair color matches. Eye color is listed as hazel. Does not say she is pregnant but she could have been hiding it.

I want to know if anyone can track down Military records?One of her parents were in the military. I would need to see if we could find records of them being stationed overseas. If this is found then there is even more of a chance since the isotope test suggest that Beth Doe had lived overseas for part of her life. Her family and the family of the person she disappeared with lived on the Fort Leonard wood base in MO.

There is some resemblance!

New here but found these that I didn’t see suggested before. They would have been held since their disappearance but we’ve seen that before.
Mary Ann Verdecchia- missing from Pennsylvania Age 10 in 1962 when she went missing. Mary Ann Verdecchia – The Charley Project

Alexis Duggan- missing from Florida, Age 19 in 1970 when went missing. She was listed with a scar on her ankle.
Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

Lucia Palomba- missing from Italy, Age 16 in 1966 when went missing
The Doe Network: Case File 555DFITA

*Nahida Ahmed Khatib- Missing from Wisconsin, Age 30 in 1976(I realize a little older than they thought). The thing I found about her which is why I decided to suggest her is that she was born in Palestine and raised in Lebanon before moving to the states. Now she was afraid of her life from her husband and his family from what I’ve read. She could have been hiding the pregnancy. Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

New here but found these that I didn’t see suggested before. They would have been held since their disappearance but we’ve seen that before.
Mary Ann Verdecchia- missing from Pennsylvania Age 10 in 1962 when she went missing. Mary Ann Verdecchia – The Charley Project

Alexis Duggan- missing from Florida, Age 19 in 1970 when went missing. She was listed with a scar on her ankle.
Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

Lucia Palomba- missing from Italy, Age 16 in 1966 when went missing
The Doe Network: Case File 555DFITA

*Nahida Ahmed Khatib- Missing from Wisconsin, Age 30 in 1976(I realize a little older than they thought). The thing I found about her which is why I decided to suggest her is that she was born in Palestine and raised in Lebanon before moving to the states. Now she was afraid of her life from her husband and his family from what I’ve read. She could have been hiding the pregnancy. Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

These are all very good possibilities.

From what we can tell from the reconstructions, Beth Doe has a wide and round face, thicker lips and maybe a stocky built, I’m unsure of the last detail.

absolutely right. I hope that Beth Doe is given her name back through geneology. I know Jane was pretty mad at herself for not helping Maggie when she reached out to her. She really thought Maggie was Beth Doe. Now she won't have to have that guilt. I think I might be done websluething though. I will keep my eyes on the boards and give my opinion but my days looking for her are over.

I understand...was confinced from the beginning that Maggie was not Beth Doe. But you never can be sure….so...I was waiting, and waiting….looking at the thread.... Thank you for "the deception" But sweetie...it hurts me if you would stop looking, for Beth or any other unidentified person. You are a passionate jewel….don't go.

I understand...was confinced from the beginning that Maggie was not Beth Doe. But you never can be sure….so...I was waiting, and waiting….looking at the thread.... Thank you for "the deception" But sweetie...it hurts me if you would stop looking, for Beth or any other unidentified person. You are a passionate jewel….don't go.

I got over giving up and started looking the next day. I am following a lead now on someone I found in MO that went missing with her boyfriend in October 1976. I had not heard of this case before.

I got over giving up and started looking the next day. I am following a lead now on someone I found in MO that went missing with her boyfriend in October 1976. I had not heard of this case before.

Please don't give up...also this new lead is surprising. Thank you!

Here is something strange. I found a newspaper article on the disappearance. Her father did not want to comment on the situation. Then I found what I believe is his Obit. No mention on Teresa.

Attachments

• __remote.newspaperarchive.local_shared_N0162_6839235_100804560.jpg
    __remote.newspaperarchive.local_shared_N0162_6839235_100804560.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 45
would anyone be interested in submitting my find of Teresa Gossage to Trooper Brian Noll? I don't really want to help in submitting things after everything that happened with Maggie Cruz. I feel like this is a good lead though. If anyone would like to help please contact Brian Noll at 570-220-8745 (he is the officer in charge of the Beth Doe case).

Sorry didn't know that
I don't know her name i was looking thru Tennessee yearbooks during 60s and early 70s and when i saw her i screenshot her photo but not her name,i think the yearbook was from Polk or Monroe County
I am on classmates and I cannot find those two counties in the options to search

Are you sure ? I try this method and i can always find
Tennessee,Benton,Polk County and i click in 1970 and it showed me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191001-145232.png
    Screenshot_20191001-145232.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 29
Are you sure ? I try this method and i can always find
Tennessee,Benton,Polk County and i click in 1970 and it showed me
What state because none of those counties come up when I pull up TN which I assume is the state you searched.

This is the list of counties of Tennessee i search more for Eastern Counties Yearbooks cause there it's belived Beth Doe lived.You can see Polk county and Monroe are both in Eastern part,then i search for high school(usually they have 1 or 2 high schools)and those counties and this is how i find the yearbooks

Attachments

• extension_regions.gif
    extension_regions.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 13
Since I have first time heard of this case, I wanted it solved. I don't know why, but this case is one of my pet cases that I would like to see solved in my life time. Maybe because of the brutality of the crime, maybe because this young lady had suffered so much in her life, maybe because she potentially had roots from the country I call my back home. Having said that, I somehow doubt that she comes from Serbia/Croatia. I know there are many composites of Beth Doe and to be honest neither of them give me that feeling that she is from ex-YU. Somehow she looks more Mediterranean (on some of the pictures). On one or two composites she can look as someone who belongs to Roma/Gypsy community (Serbia/Croatia), but it is long stretch.

Second thing is that the most people immigrating (from Serbia) to the States were settling in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Florida, California - Tennessee was not among the top choices... It is not impossible, but I think unlikely...

And as much as I would like to see this case solved as soon as possible, I somehow feel that is more realistic to get real clues if it would be submitted to DNA Doe Project or something similar.

I was searching through the different states on the Charlie Projects site. ...

... I want to know if anyone can track down Military records? One of her parents were in the military. I would need to see if we could find records of them being stationed overseas. If this is found then
is even more of a chance since the isotope test suggest that Beth Doe had lived overseas for part of her life. Her family and the family of the person she disappeared with lived on the Fort Leonard wood base in MO.

Military Personnel Records on Individuals are archived at the National Military Personnel Records Center in Saint Louis, MO. It is very difficult for anyone except the named individual to obtain copies or pages from those records, due to the Privacy Act of 1974.

However, there are other types of military records such as unit "day reports" and rosters that are maintained in the National Archives at Adelphi, Maryland. If you know specifically what unit, base, hospital, ship, etc a person belonged to or was attached to, then you might be able to find their name in such a record. All of those records are on microfiche or microfilm and are NOT accessible via computer or internet. You have to go there in person, become a registered researcher, and go through lots and lots of lists.

Since I have first time heard of this case, I wanted it solved. I don't know why, but this case is one of my pet cases that I would like to see solved in my life time. Maybe because of the brutality of the crime, maybe because this young lady had suffered so much in her life, maybe because she potentially had roots from the country I call my back home. Having said that, I somehow doubt that she comes from Serbia/Croatia. I know there are many composites of Beth Doe and to be honest neither of them give me that feeling that she is from ex-YU. Somehow she looks more Mediterranean (on some of the pictures). On one or two composites she can look as someone who belongs to Roma/Gypsy community (Serbia/Croatia), but it is long stretch.

Second thing is that the most people immigrating (from Serbia) to the States were settling in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Florida, California - Tennessee was not among the top choices... It is not impossible, but I think unlikely...

And as much as I would like to see this case solved as soon as possible, I somehow feel that is more realistic to get real clues if it would be submitted to DNA Doe Project or something similar.
Not necessary Roma,she might be :Bosnian,Albanian or Torbeshi

If the intelligence about her living in Eastern TN is correct and coming to the US as a child is correct, I wonder whether her parents or family had a connection to Oak Ridge National Laboratory. It's pretty much the only institution in that area that could compel a foreign national to settle, and I'd imagine that during the time period (roughly 60s-early 70s) there were some highly skilled defectors from Eastern Bloc countries that would've been funneled into working at Oak Ridge. Just a thought...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy
Back