Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I discovered a possible way to locate who Beth Doe may be. If you have ancestry or familysearch feel free to help me. Search place of birth Europe and then select the places in Europe where isotope test suggest she was from. Then in the residence area put in TN. Look at the names of people 1930-1940. Look at the names of those peoples' children. Then go to classmates website and look for pictures of those children to see if they would match Beth Doe. In the classmates search we would be looking for people from the southeastern part of the US who were in high school in the mid 70s. It might work it might not. This type of search would be based of the isotope test results for Beth Doe.
Hey i already suggest that but i think instead of 30-40s we need to search the 60s beacause that is the time when Beth Doe comed to United State.
I already start to research and i'm focused mostly in Balkan countries like Croatia and Serbia,maybe we never will reach anything but it's worth a try

If you need a native speaker of Serbo-Croatian for those research purposes, send me a message.
If law enforcement gives forensic genealogy a shot and contacts the DNA Doe Project, I know of at least two regional projects that gather DNA info for genealogy purposes so perhaps they could be persuaded to urge participants to upload their info on GedMatch and opt-in.

Croatia's Ministry of Internal Affairs runs a large database of missing persons on this site www.nestali.hr
All information on Lidija Pale is plucked from that site, but the information they provide is quite scarce.
They currently have 2625 missing persons listed but search options aren't very user friendly unless you have a specific person in mind.

There are basically three types of filters but all three are shaky in some way.
The first one provides four options: ''sve nestale osobe'' (all missing persons), ''djeca'' (children), ''odrasli'' (adults) i ''nestale u ratu'' (disappeared in war). However, if you pick the option that shows only children, the only persons depicted are recently missing children so Lidija will not appear.
The second one provides two options, one to list persons by surname (''po prezimenu'') and the other by the date of disappearance (''po datumu nestanka''). The filter is useless, it doesn't sort the dates correctly at all.
The third one is completely useless and vague. ''Uzlazno'' means upwards and ''silazno'' means downwards.

They have a Facebook page and their e-mail address is nestali@nestali.hr if you want to contact them and inform them about Beth Doe's potential Croatian roots. I don't know how responsive they are and Beth Doe is a rather old case but some exposure of this case in Croatia wouldn't hurt.

I suggested this young Croatian girl a while back - missing since 1965.

3556DFHRV - Lidija Pale
3556DFHRV - Lidija Pale
3556DFHRV.jpg

Name: Lidija Pale
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 15, 1965
Location Last Seen: Zagreb, Grad Zagreb County, Zagrebacka Zupanija, Croatia

Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1958

For anyone who has classmates and ancestory. I found a women by the name of Theresa Skvoric born in Yugoslavia in 1954. She became a citizen in 1974. I found her in a yearbook 1974 Woonsocket HS RI. She has dark hair, dark eyes, and when I zoomed she appears to have moles where the original sketch of Beth Doe had moles.

Can you provide a photo of her please ?

For anyone who has classmates and ancestory. I found a women by the name of Theresa Skvoric born in Yugoslavia in 1954. She became a citizen in 1974. I found her in a yearbook 1974 Woonsocket HS RI. She has dark hair, dark eyes, and when I zoomed she appears to have moles where the original sketch of Beth Doe had moles.

Okay I have tracked down this person. She is not Beth Doe. I noticed there was another woman's name that had popped up, that didn't show up before and it ended up being her sister. I found her through FB. so another dead end.

Do any of you see a resemblance here ?

Attachments

• 1569701648542.png
    1569701648542.png
    809 KB · Views: 86
Do any of you see a resemblance here ?
Shape of the face, the eyes, the nose... But I'm not sure if I see these similarities because I want to see them, or because they really are there. Shape of her face would be the strongest one.

Reactions: Arz
Shape of the face, the eyes, the nose... But I'm not sure if I see these similarities because I want to see them, or because they really are there. Shape of her face would be the strongest one.

Same i m just a bit off at eyebrows

BBM

Beth Doe's nose had been sliced off and not found at the scene.

BBM

Beth Doe's nose had been sliced off and not found at the scene.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. I was talking only about similarities between the reconstruction and the photo posted by Arz.

Source link for the photo please?

NOTE: When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images.
Rules - Etiquette & Information
Sorry didn't know that
I don't know her name i was looking thru Tennessee yearbooks during 60s and early 70s and when i saw her i screenshot her photo but not her name,i think the yearbook was from Polk or Monroe County

Sept. 28 2019
CRIME HUNTER: 1976 Pennsylvania cold case hits roadblock
crimo6-e1569616416295.jpg
The mystery of Beth Doe has vexed cops for more than 40 years.
"The dead woman had brown hair, brown eyes and was between 15 and 25 years old. She was originally from the Balkans — Serbia and Croatia the likely bets.

Doe had been in the U.S. five to 10 years, cops believed."

"And there was a tantalizing clue detectives have agonized over for more than 40 years: A set of numbers were written on the victim’s body.

The ink was on Beth Doe’s left hand, indicating she was right-handed if she wrote it herself.

The enigmatic message consisted of the letters WSR and the number 4 or 5, followed by 4 or 7."
Cops remain confident they will definitively identify the tragic teen — and ultimately her killer.

“Someone out there knows who she is,” Noll said. “And there is always hope that someone will come forward with information.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back