Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I read that article I thought it said the named female was Luis’s brothers girlfriend. It also said they were with another underage female that couldn’t be named which I thought might be Evelyn. I find it hard to believe this guy hasn’t killed again, as well as dismembering her, he cut off her nose, ears and breasts, that’s not just killing someone in a rage that’s pathological. Perhaps you could argue the nose might stop an id but the ears and breasts? Guys a monster. I was thinking the writing on the hand was it his sick tag line?

If you read carefully, it talks about two women. One the brothers girlfriend and another one who was part of their gang but she shared a room with Luis. Obviously girlfriend.

But with that timeline, I am not entirely convinced it is the same Luis we are talking about. If he was arrested for kidnapping in late 1975, how likely would it be to knock up Evelyn 3 months later and move in with her? I guess he would have been in jail or at least in detention until court much longer?
That makes me think it is not the same person, even though age and location would fit well.

When I read that article I thought it said the named female was Luis’s brothers girlfriend. It also said they were with another underage female that couldn’t be named which I thought might be Evelyn. I find it hard to believe this guy hasn’t killed again, as well as dismembering her, he cut off her nose, ears and breasts, that’s not just killing someone in a rage that’s pathological. Perhaps you could argue the nose might stop an id but the ears and breasts? Guys a monster. I was thinking the writing on the hand was it his sick tag line?

Her Facebook page just posted a statement from her family which was very poignant. Her upcoming baby was going to be named Emily Grace and it also said that Evelyn was very close with her mother and had hazel-green eyes.

There was a big emphasis on how much they loved her and how close she was with her family. Sadly looks like it was a case where they may have attempted reporting her missing or were unable to due to obstacles like language barriers.

can the fb be linked? there are several and i want to look at the right one.

I don't know what is allowed link-wise, but there is a public post in the Facebook group "We Grew Up in Jersey City" about Evelyn and there are class photos with her in it.

You need to scroll a bit to find it, the posts aren't chronological. Apparently she wore glasses.
Someone also posted Sierra's photo.

How come she was illiterate if she went to school? Surely the teachers would have noticed or did they not care?

I'm not so sure the articles confirm she was illiterate. The way they have it worded states "Based on Evelyn’s lack of capability as a writer" which is a bit ambiguous and leaves room for interpretation. (perhaps she dropped out at a young age, for example, or it referred to a language barrier)

I'm not so sure the articles confirm she was illiterate. The way they have it worded states "Based on Evelyn’s lack of capability as a writer" which is a bit ambiguous and leaves room for interpretation. (perhaps she dropped out at a young age, for example, or it referred to a language barrier)
Or had (severe) dyslexia.

I was also wondering about that part (illiteracy). Especially since a letter was written in Spanish, which I suppose is her mother tongue. And as some of you said it could be dyslexia, or she was not good writer, or maybe she was from early age more focused on English and was not fluent in Spanish.

Anyway, I found in one of the articles that her friend mentioned that she was surprised that Evelyn did not move to the new school, that she assumed that she most likely got married or something like this. Also, that she was taking remedial classes in her old school and that LS was always keeping an eye on her.

Last edited:
yeah it is,a highschool friends of her posted that
i tried to find a yearbook but sadly 1976 or 77 is not available

What I found interesting at the end of the article they mention of some other kids in the community that were kidnapped and their bodies were found but they never caught the murderer.

And No I don’t think Evelyn (god rest her soul) was this Luis mans last victim.. I wonder how long ago he moved to Queens and how long he has been married. I am so glad he got caught!!

Attachments

• 435FB1C8-608B-4CEC-996C-207A2782C39F.jpeg
    435FB1C8-608B-4CEC-996C-207A2782C39F.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 36
You need to scroll a bit to find it, the posts aren't chronological. Apparently she wore glasses.
Someone also posted Sierra's photo.

How come she was illiterate if she went to school? Surely the teachers would have noticed or did they not care?

maybe she could write, but not in Spanish? My husband speaks "slang" Spanish and can't write in Spanish

I'm curious about that too.
I think a lot of people are taking that article the wrong way. I think the writer was trying to say it couldn't have been her because she had already passed away by then but everyone thinks it means she didn't know how to write.

I don't know what Jersey City was like then or is like now, but low-income districts face these kinds of illiteracy issues all the time and are often not adequately prepared to deal with them. Evelyn may at have also been considered an ELL, or whatever the ed term was at the time, and been kind of left on her own. ELL education is really only making good progress in most of the US now and has had lots of difficulties, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least partly the case.

Anyway, I found in one of the articles that her friend mentioned that she was surprised that Evelyn did not move to the new school, that she assumed that she most likely got married or something like this. Also, that she was taking remedial classes in her old school and that LS was always keeping an eye on her.

The new school being the high school, right? She would have been the age to be a freshman or sophomore when she died. It seems like she didn't make it to high school, or if she did, was kept extremely isolated by that disgusting man and may have had to drop out due to pregnancy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back