Pace U in NYC, May 31st @ 7:30 - Jeff Ashton / Chaney Mason

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I beg to differ with the speaker...this case was about the murder of a little girl...Caylee Marie.

I'm also watching this, I think it will be very interesting, I wish they had a juror other than the Foreman though, or at least one in addition to him, but wonder how prominent the juror's presence will be? since he is not a legal eagle...... Hopefully it will be enjoyable, won't be monitoring my blood pressure during this though, with Mason/Foreman!! jmho, of course!

Nope...I wouldn't have been able to contain myself.

good, at least Foreman is NOT on the panel!! wonder what/if anything he will have to say? I am very interested in what the panel with Judge Alex will have to say.

Well, the foreman's family absolutely REFUSED for him to fly to PACE lawschool for this event! boo hoo, oh well, I actually didn't want to hear from him AGAIN, jmho of course!

Introduction by a gentleman Mr. Joel Sydeman (I’m sorry I didn’t get his name properly). He says some cases develop a life of their own and this one had the feeling of a rock concert. Average people get their information from the media. Does the media report these cases or shape our view of these cases. Huge difference between what the verdict was and what the greater majority of public felt it should be.

Asking the audience to write out questions.

The foreperson was scheduled to be here but he called last night and said that his family absolutely refused to let him go to Pace.

They are reading letters from the public to the jury.

No jury foreman...wonder how Sandetoz knew if they hadn't made it public?
You go Sandetoz!

Please post tidbits. I can't stand it that I can't watch it..

Does anybody know if this will be available for viewing later? I want to watch, but have conflicts.

Starting with Judge Alex. What was unique about this case.

JA says that the public was astonished that a mother wouldn’t report her child missing for 31 days and they find out she is partying.

Moderator said Florida is a weird state.
CM said it's all the media's fault for making the case as big as it was.
MO-BS!

Jeff talking about the release of all the info.

CM is an a$$...saying that Ashton has a book to sell that's basically why he's saying what he's saying.

CM is an a$$...saying that Ashton has a book to sell that's basically why he's saying what he's saying.

I bet that's why CM doesn't own a mirror, afraid of what he'll really see. What did he expect - that JA wouldn't show if he was there? Come on....

I kinda remember CM being on tv giving his opinions before he became a member of the DT.

CM says that the media capitalized on the case and that is why it was huge. Unless we can sequester every jury then we have to worry about it.

JA says that it is too easy to blame the media. If we didn’t watch it they wouldn’t report it. There is a 24 hour news cycle and they have to fill it with opinion because the facts don’t take long enough. He wonders whether it is wise to allow the public to see all the facts.

CM gave a jab to JA about not having to sell a book so he can say the media has no licensing requirement so the media doesn’t need ethics or professionalism. Media distorts. He’s blaming the talking heads for not doing research.

Man it’s hard to listen to him. He’s so sarcastic.

this may be even better than I thought! just showed clip from nancy grace and her "defense is dancing on the devil" spiel about the defense's champagne toast, I see others giving a blow-by-blow here, I'm just going to listen and do my dishes!

Mr. Mason blames the media. And also mentions tv stations hiring lawyers to speak about this case when they were not directly involved. He also conveniently forgets to mention that he was one of the lawyers who were not directly involved in this case and went on TV to give their opinion on the case. We all know he later joined the DT, after doing exactly what he was chastizing, to have fun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back