Padilla Holds A Memorial For Caylee -2/10/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I never knew Caylee or any of the Anthonys. I just want to say that given this, I think it is WRONG , so wrong, that *I* could have gone to the public memorial for Caylee- and people who did know Caylee and loved her, and were loved by Caylee- were banned!

At one time Jesse Grund and his family believed , because they were led to, that Caylee was Jesse's. It is obvious Jesse loved her. Why not let him go? This does not sit well with me- not that the Anthonys owe it to a stranger to make things sit well. :rolleyes:

I think anyone should have been allowed at this memorial who would not make a spectacle. I do not think Leonard Padilla would have made a spectacle. He is just on NG every night telling all the unfavorable things he witnessed. But you know- I want to say this memorial is Caylee's, and should be open to all who loved her who would honor her memory by not causing any problem.

I will open myself up to the other side...some people feel memorials are for those left behind, as the deceased is already passed away and gone over to heaven. With this, I can say, if this memorial of Caylee was for the Anthonys, I can see how they wouldn't want Leonard Padilla there or anyone else who's publically criticizing them. But I still don't understand why the Grunds could not go, can someone enlighten me of the reason??

And finally.......I missed watching it but caught some clips online, and my heart really goes out to George Anthony especially.

I just don't understand why the Anthonys also didn't just leave KC out of it. KC didn't put in a request to view it, they can do private things with her, but given her status and the fact she probably DID this to Caylee, why not just focus only on Caylee and deal with the feelings for KC and desire to help her, when they are WITH her, and leave Caylee's memorial just for Caylee? This is my opinion but I cannot judge. I cannot fathom being in this predicament, of losing a grandchild and my daughter being in jail for murder. So I cannot judge, I am just merely admitting that I do not understand. I think I myself would support (but be angry with) my daughter but would just leave her out of the public memorial. Especially not devote time to her.

I'm sure my little post is going to be blasted sky high, and I don't really mind. That is one reason I like reading here. Even though it may get rough, it seems for the most part a nice forum if you have the proper attitude about being able to take what you dish out, and it never seems to be too hurtful. :)
My comment is that I find nothing wrong with someone who never knew Caylee a day in her life not being welcomed to her memorial service. Sure the "banned" term seems ugly, and maybe they did act in an overly paranoid way about the possiblity of different scenarious today, but I believe it came from a wish for a last respectul moment for Caylee.
If Caylee were my family member, as thankful as I'd be to ANYONE who helped to try to find her, I'd still want her final tribute to be given and attended by those who actually loved her because they knew her personally. I have cried many tears over this little girl. That is no lie. My heart has felt broken, but I don't think that would entitle me to show up at her memorial. I've never been to anyone's memorial, funeral etc. that I didn't have some ties with. I wouldn't want the bereaved to be bothered with me while trying to say goodbye to their loved one. I wouldn't want to risk taking a moment or even a seat on a pew away from someone who actually knew and loved the person who had passed. I'd cry my tears and say my prayers at home, just like I have done for Caylee.
There comes a point when you have to ask, when did someone stop having only the best intentions? When did it become something they just couldn't let go of, even though their services were no longer needed? Even to the point of speculating about what people are thinking with whom they hadn't had close personal contact for quite a while now? I am tired of hearing Mr. Padilla. I'm sure he's not a terrible person, in fact maybe he is a great person, but he needs to go home and do whatever he was doing before he came to try to help this poor little girl who is no longer with us. I guess I just ended this post sounding a bit harsher than I expected to, but I am tired, and it is generally how I really feel, so I'm going with it. Thanks for letting me chime in with my 2 cents.

I'm sure my little post is going to be blasted sky high, and I don't really mind. That is one reason I like reading here. Even though it may get rough, it seems for the most part a nice forum if you have the proper attitude about being able to take what you dish out, and it never seems to be too hurtful. :)
My comment is that I find nothing wrong with someone who never knew Caylee a day in her life not being welcomed to her memorial service. Sure the "banned" term seems ugly, and maybe they did act in an overly paranoid way about the possiblity of different scenarious today, but I believe it came from a wish for a last respectul moment for Caylee.
If Caylee were my family member, as thankful as I'd be to ANYONE who helped to try to find her, I'd still want her final tribute to be given and attended by those who actually loved her because they knew her personally. I have cried many tears over this little girl. That is no lie. My heart has felt broken, but I don't think that would entitle me to show up at her memorial. I've never been to anyone's memorial, funeral etc. that I didn't have some ties with. I wouldn't want the bereaved to be bothered with me while trying to say goodbye to their loved one. I wouldn't want to risk taking a moment or even a seat on a pew away from someone who actually knew and loved the person who had passed. I'd cry my tears and say my prayers at home, just like I have done for Caylee.
There comes a point when you have to ask, when did someone stop having only the best intentions? When did it become something they just couldn't let go of, even though their services were no longer needed? Even to the point of speculating about what people are thinking with whom they hadn't had close personal contact for quite a while now? I am tired of hearing Mr. Padilla. I'm sure he's not a terrible person, in fact maybe he is a great person, but he needs to go home and do whatever he was doing before he came to try to help this poor little girl who is no longer with us. I guess I just ended this post sounding a bit harsher than I expected to, but I am tired, and it is generally how I really feel, so I'm going with it. Thanks for letting me chime in with my 2 cents.

I'm not gonna blast you. I think that there is projection on others' pains and the Caylee saga that they felt compelled to go to the memorial. I did watch it online for closure for myself, and partly snooping to watch the A's admittedly. But, you know what, I feel better doing it. It was just the finale I was needing to get on with the case and sleuth deeper. It may be a show for some, may be some media time for others, but there are some out there who needed this finale for closure, for Caylee's life as well as their own pain.

I'm not gonna blast you. I think that there is projection on others' pains and the Caylee saga that they felt compelled to go to the memorial. I did watch it online for closure for myself, and partly snooping to watch the A's admittedly. But, you know what, I feel better doing it. It was just the finale I was needing to get on with the case and sleuth deeper. It may be a show for some, may be some media time for others, but there are some out there who needed this finale for closure, for Caylee's life as well as their own pain.

Thanks for your reply Gibby. I do stand corrected on your point about those watching the memorial, such as yourself. I can understand that. I got to typing, and rambled around half of what I meant to say and didn't fully express what I did say. I didn't mean to insult anyone who got out and donated their time selflessly in the search for Caylee etc. either. I just wish more of these more vocal types who are on tv night and day might remember what this is/was all about, and what their original reason for even being involved was. I'm interested in facts only at this point...facts and justice for Caylee which will hopefully come about at trial. Thank you again for your kind reply.

Kalani: the disturbed young man that seemed to go all drama ballistic when a camera came around. The guy that was sporting white sunglasses like Casey's and a Caylee tshirt, proclaiming that Casey had started a fashion trend. (he was a Casey supporter)

I think he is one of those characters that we could all agree on: he needed to stay away. Can you imagine what kind of show this guy would have put on with the wailing and all? No way would I have let that guy into the memorial, either...

I agree with all this.

Especially that it's time for some to
move along. Go home, whatever.

I realize you are new, so don't take this personally. At my mother's funeral were a good 80 people I didn't know. Did I ask them to leave? H*ck no! I was thrilled that that my mother touched so many people's lives, people that I never even knew!

Refresh my drink.. who is Kalani again?

White sunglasses guy who was in support of KC, and had a breakdown that was caught on video as he walked along the A's street with a female companion.

Kalani: the disturbed young man that seemed to go all drama ballistic when a camera came around. The guy that was sporting white sunglasses like Casey's and a Caylee tshirt, proclaiming that Casey had started a fashion trend. (he was a Casey supporter)

I think he is one of those characters that we could all agree on: he needed to stay away. Can you imagine what kind of show this guy would have put on with the wailing and all? No way would I have let that guy into the memorial, either...

oh.. ok.. THANK YOU for the answer.. and yes.. I think you are right.. he is one that was better off not being there.

White sunglasses guy who was in support of KC, and had a breakdown that was caught on video as he walked along the A's street with a female companion.

Thank you.. I never saw that video.. but sounds like he is one unstable fellow.

The facts are thousands attended the Church where there were real preachers.:blowkiss:

"Real preachers" ??

I grew up Catholic and went to Catholic school and we were taught that God was everywhere not just within 4 walls and that we didn't need to be with a priest in order to be heard,that God was with us every moment and all we needed to do was open our hearts to him and that we ourselves are preachers not only by our words but by our deeds.

Your statement was an ugly one and the kiss off at the end even more so. I don't know what your previous posts on this subject may have been so I don't know if you were trying to impart that the memorial was a Christian event so therefore it was the right one and by saying that,that you as a Christian were in the right. If so you need to rethink your stance as a Christian because the words you spoke above were far from Christian like behavior.

With that said had I been able to attend a memorial for Caylee I would've chose the one with Leonard and Reverend Grund.

To me if I had gone to the one at the Church I would've been focused on how the Anthonys were acting and the fact that a Church felt comfortable with barring Gods children from entering His House and wondering if a donation plate would be passed around and all that would've distracted me from the reason for being there which was Caylee.

In those woods,no matter who was or wasn't there,my thoughts would be solely focused on Caylee,on this child who was taken from us way too soon,who laid in those woods just waiting for her time to be found and who now has angels that she can count among her friends.

Those woods have become such a big part of Caylee.They not only serve as a reminder of what happened to her but as a reminder to each of us to hug our kids a little tighter and to be an advocate for children everywhere by speaking out against injustices.

It would've felt right to me to be there,among people who felt love for a little girl and wanted not only a way to express it but the right to express it.

Same guy who went to the Anthony's for chili on Caylee's birthday?

As if there isn't enough going on already, now there's TWO events ... at the same time.

Not sure how I feel about this latest move from LP.

One thing's for sure: Cindy will be furious.

Padilla plans to hold his own Caylee Memorial
MORE DETAILS: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/020909Padilla_memorial
Created On: Monday, 09 Feb 2009, 11:59 PM EST

Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla is back in Orlando. But is he back on the publicity bandwagon or really looking to help?

Cindy Anthony said Padilla is not allowed in to the memorial at the First Baptist Church of Orlando Tuesday, so Padilla is holding his own memorial on Suburban Drive

Cindy will be furious? Why? Because LP couldn't find a "live" Caylee? Then Cindy needs to talk to her daughter. All LP had to go on was what KC told him. I feel he did his best. Bottom line... LP didn't kidnap/murder Caylee. He did hisbest. No one is perfect. Cindy never found Caylee either. I feel LP, RG and friends had every right to have their own little memorial and prayer service. Media seeking? Who put on a big show yesterday? Cindy. Cindy had no problem with LP when he put up 500,000 bucks to get her daughter out of jail. Many searchers never found Caylee, but they cared. So, boo-hoo, Cindy will have to be furious.

"Real preachers" ??

I grew up Catholic and went to Catholic school and we were taught that God was everywhere not just within 4 walls and that we didn't need to be with a priest in order to be heard,that God was with us every moment and all we needed to do was open our hearts to him and that we ourselves are preachers not only by our words but by our deeds.

Your statement was an ugly one and the kiss off at the end even more so. I don't know what your previous posts on this subject may have been so I don't know if you were trying to impart that the memorial was a Christian event so therefore it was the right one and by saying that,that you as a Christian were in the right. If so you need to rethink your stance as a Christian because the words you spoke above were far from Christian like behavior.

With that said had I been able to attend a memorial for Caylee I would've chose the one with Leonard and Reverend Grund.

To me if I had gone to the one at the Church I would've been focused on how the Anthonys were acting and the fact that a Church felt comfortable with barring Gods children from entering His House and wondering if a donation plate would be passed around and all that would've distracted me from the reason for being there which was Caylee.

In those woods,no matter who was or wasn't there,my thoughts would be solely focused on Caylee,on this child who was taken from us way too soon,who laid in those woods just waiting for her time to be found and who now has angels that she can count among her friends.

Those woods have become such a big part of Caylee.They not only serve as a reminder of what happened to her but as a reminder to each of us to hug our kids a little tighter and to be an advocate for children everywhere by speaking out against injustices.

It would've felt right to me to be there,among people who felt love for a little girl and wanted not only a way to express it but the right to express it.

THANK YOU. I didn't have the composure yesterday to respond as intelligently as you did. I just shut down my computer because the steam coming out of my ears was fogging up the monitor.

Cindy will be furious? Why? Because LP couldn't find a "live" Caylee? Then Cindy needs to talk to her daughter. All LP had to go on was what KC told him. I feel he did his best. Bottom line... LP didn't kidnap/murder Caylee. He did hisbest. No one is perfect. Cindy never found Caylee either. I feel LP, RG and friends had every right to have their own little memorial and prayer service. Media seeking? Who put on a big show yesterday? Cindy. Cindy had no problem with LP when he put up 500,000 bucks to get her daughter out of jail. Many searchers never found Caylee, but they cared. So, boo-hoo, Cindy will have to be furious.

Amen Amen and Amen

I'll ride on "LP's Fame Train" any day ! :dance:

The man is- Smart :doh:
Arrogant :hand:
Determined :silenced:
Strong :slap:
Funny :laugh:
Goal Oriented :snooty:
And a Big Teddy Bear :eek:

Not at all!. LP is all about media attention. The guy needs to crawl back under the rock he came from.

They act like children who taunt each other. Do they have a secret crush on one and other? Just kidding. I think LP went over the top when he was on NG months ago and said LA was the father of Caylee. I do not have the link but I know someone can find it if they want. No matter what he says off of the top of his head that statement is probably unforgivable in the A family.

Cindy does not have secret crushes, I have never seen anybody so obvious. Yesterday during the church side show was disqusting the way she was eyeballing that one fella. She looked like she thought they were singing a love duet.

I received the impression that Cindy may be receiving a mild sedative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back