Paperwork Details Elisa Baker’s Involvement In Investigation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I definitely think she's been cooperating. I think she realized pretty early on that she would have to. Is she doing that to help LE? Highly doubt it. She's doing it to save her own youknowwhat...whether that's because her part really wasn't the worst part, or whether it's because her part was the worst and she wants to pin that of AB.

They found these remains because SOMEONE was talking...and no way that someone was AB, imo. He's not admitting to squat.

I think she is "cooperating". I just don't think she is all that reliable or truthful. The old saying, close but no cigar. I just refuse to believe that EB told LE specifically where Zahra was and that LE waited 16 days to dig a hole to find the remains consistent with a child. This is what the motion implies, I simply do't accept that, nor believe it.

And I would agree, someone is talking, not AB, and EB is doing what she does best, muttering and whining. The pictures of the SUV on Dudley Shoals show very well that where EB took LE, was not where remains were found.

I think she is "cooperating". I just don't think she is all that reliable or truthful. The old saying, close but no cigar. I just refuse to believe that EB told LE specifically where Zahra was and that LE waited 16 days to dig a hole to find the remains consistent with a child. This is what the motion implies, I simply do't accept that, nor believe it.

And I would agree, someone is talking, not AB, and EB is doing what she does best, muttering and whining. The pictures of the SUV on Dudley Shoals show very well that where EB took LE, was not where remains were found.

Well, I don't believe our thinking is too far apart on this, Charlie. I think it is quite possible that EB didn't lead LE directly to Zahra's remains simply because she's going with the "he dumped her" story. Also possible, imo, that he did do the disposing, in which case she really doesn't know exactly where the remains were. But whatever the truth of that turns out to be, I absolutely agree with you that EB is going to do ONLY what benefits EB. If the truth benefits her, she'll stick with that. If a lie serves her better, then lie she will.

And I think this fact is what puts LE in a quandry. She's a mix of truth and lies, imo. Hard to zero in on what's fact and what's fiction.

JMO

Just kind of a jot down for me here. What we the public do know. Add as you see fit.

EB confessed to writing a fake ransom note.

EB wrote letters to the owner of a serial killer memorabilia site...attorneys acknowledge it.

EB in said letters claims "We didn't really kill her" also claims "what he (AB) did after the fact is kinda horrifying"

EB's attorney's team gathered "significant" evidence and took it to LE to show her verification of truth and compliance.

EB led investigators to the dumpster the mattress was placed in, various sites of ZB's placement, including evidence that could be found at the home.

(All this after people had been allowed access to various sites.) < I had to include that because it had even been wondered about by some investigative reporters via twitter>

AB arrested and released on bond after a few days on unrelated charges during EB's cooperation.

AB evicted and later removed belongs

AB told of ZB's death the same day ED was told.

AB gives 90 min. interview with lawyer present. Interview cut down to 2:33 mins.

Anything else? I probably missed a lot. These are things on my mind at the moment. If you notice most everything has been ran by EB or her attorneys. I don't think EB likes her attorneys running the show. JMO

Well, I don't believe our thinking is too far apart on this, Charlie. I think it is quite possible that EB didn't lead LE directly to Zahra's remains simply because she's going with the "he dumped her" story. Also possible, imo, that he did do the disposing, in which case she really doesn't know exactly where the remains were. But whatever the truth of that turns out to be, I absolutely agree with you that EB is going to do ONLY what benefits EB. If the truth benefits her, she'll stick with that. If a lie serves her better, then lie she will.

And I think this fact is what puts LE in a quandry. She's a mix of truth and lies, imo. Hard to zero in on what's fact and what's fiction.

JMO

Mostly I agree except for the word "directly". I cannot get past 16 days to recover remains from the Dudley Shoals area if she lead them "directly" to Zahra. In this report, one can see, the SUV turns onto the off road that goes "directly" past where Zahra was found. Note the pictures of the SUV do not include the guard rail that is at the bottom of the road, very close to the recovery site. Note also the reporter describes the area as being at the waterfall, which is at least 350 to 400 feet away as the crow flies.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25506523/index.html

EB was transported "directly" past where Zahra was left, and quite obviously said nothing about it. I see her giving areas and saying this is where she was told, and yeah, she is gonna say someone told her, she didn't do it. My argument is her defense team is attempting to paint her as being truthful and some kind of saint for leading LE to Zahra. The fact that DA Gaither is willing to present evidence to argue this motion, tells me EB has not been as forth coming as this motion attempts to paint her.

Leaves me wondering who she will claim told her and why dogs hit on both vehicles.

Mostly I agree except for the word "directly". I cannot get past 16 days to recover remains from the Dudley Shoals area if she lead them "directly" to Zahra. In this report, one can see, the SUV turns onto the off road that goes "directly" past where Zahra was found. Note the pictures of the SUV do not include the guard rail that is at the bottom of the road, very close to the recovery site. Note also the reporter describes the area as being at the waterfall, which is at least 350 to 400 feet away as the crow flies.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25506523/index.html

EB was transported "directly" past where Zahra was left, and quite obviously said nothing about it. I see her giving areas and saying this is where she was told, and yeah, she is gonna say someone told her, she didn't do it. My argument is her defense team is attempting to paint her as being truthful and some kind of saint for leading LE to Zahra. The fact that DA Gaither is willing to present evidence to argue this motion, tells me EB has not been as forth coming as this motion attempts to paint her.

Leaves me wondering who she will claim told her and why dogs hit on both vehicles.

I said "didn't lead LE directly". ;)

Just kind of a jot down for me here. What we the public do know. Add as you see fit.

EB confessed to writing a fake ransom note.

EB wrote letters to the owner of a serial killer memorabilia site...attorneys acknowledge it.

EB in said letters claims "We didn't really kill her" also claims "what he (AB) did after the fact is kinda horrifying"

EB's attorney's team gathered "significant" evidence and took it to LE to show her verification of truth and compliance.

EB led investigators to the dumpster the mattress was placed in, various sites of ZB's placement, including evidence that could be found at the home.

(All this after people had been allowed access to various sites.) < I had to include that because it had even been wondered about by some investigative reporters via twitter>

AB arrested and released on bond after a few days on unrelated charges during EB's cooperation.

AB evicted and later removed belongs

AB told of ZB's death the same day ED was told.

AB gives 90 min. interview with lawyer present. Interview cut down to 2:33 mins.

Anything else? I probably missed a lot. These are things on my mind at the moment. If you notice most everything has been ran by EB or her attorneys. I don't think EB likes her attorneys running the show. JMO

I keep thinking that 'the evidence' MUST be a document of some kind or a video that involves AB or a third party??
I'm so confused at this point!
Hopefully, there will be a formal arrest soon!

Woah! You guys know more than I do about this kind of stuff but is this commonplace?

Who would have made the inappropriate appointment if true? Maybe they are trying to get her off the case before they file charges.

Sal posted this up in the stickies, Thanks Sal!

The prosecutor in the Zahra Baker case will meet with the N.C. Attorney General's office today to determine if a defense attorney for Elisa Baker was inappropriately appointed at taxpayer expense.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/DA-questions-choice-of-defender-in-Zahra-Baker-case-108705659.html

That could get reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy interesting.

Wonder why? Because she's a provisional attorney, and no murder charges have actually been filed?

Help us out, Lawyers!

EB already has a court appointed attorney, Scott Riley. I have never understood why she had two. She has never been charged with any murder yet.

BBM

"Elisa Baker also has a public defender, Scott Reilly, who was appointed shortly after she was charged with obstruction of justice. Both attorneys' names are on a motion filed Monday asking a judge to decrease Elisa Baker's bond, and both have met with her in jail.
But District Attorney Jay Gaither, who represents Catawba County, says N.C. law only grants the capital defender's office the authority to appoint a provisional attorney like Dubs if a person has been charged with first-degree murder.
Gaither said Tuesday that a murder charge "is the threshold for the appointment of legal counsel on a provisional basis in a capital cases. My main argument is that the rules have to be followed."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/DA-questions-choice-of-defender-in-Zahra-Baker-case-108705659.html

Who would have made the inappropriate appointment if true? Maybe they are trying to get her off the case before they file charges.

The Capital Defender. See below

"On Oct. 18, Bob Hurley, the N.C. Capital Defender, provisionally appointed Lisa Dubs of Hickory to represent Elisa Baker."

The Capital Defender. See below

"On Oct. 18, Bob Hurley, the N.C. Capital Defender, provisionally appointed Lisa Dubs of Hickory to represent Elisa Baker."

Hmm this is an interesting twist.
Though, Dubs hasn't submitted any charges according to the article. She may take this one for free because it's so high profile...... but without Dubs on the case I think this could play out very differently than I first thought it would.

I think they jumped to gun appointing her. Wonder what this does to the evidence they found????????

Sounds to me like the DA is under pressure now. He's known this. Why's he bothered now? Public pressure and afraid of her?

This is the DA's response to Dubb's and her "evidence retreival" mission IMO. You wanna play fast and loose with evidence in a criminal investigation for which your client hasn't even been charged? Well we can fix that missy.

ALL MOO

It may be that they got preliminary test results back on human remains and have determined the cause of death to be something other than homicide. If they do not plan to charge EB with murder, she does not qualify to have a DP attorney. Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back