Paris Hilton to serve time part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say that me and people like me(ie. people who keep an eye on what Paris does) are a big reason that the media/paparazzi swirl around her. They need pics and stories to sell to whoever wants those pics and stories. This is a supply and demand situation.

Every time I read this thread or post on it, I am fueling the phenomenon that IS Paris.

So I cannot blame her for courting the media. Sure - she may have wanted to be famous, but I helped make her that way. Who's really to blame?
This is oh so true. Same with ANS. If no one was interested then there would be no media frenzy. The paparrazzi pretty much don't follow me anyhwere!

I saw this and thought it was funny to see so many pictures of herself in her own home! Now if it was her "boyfriend's" home ok....but no it was her home. lol She obviously has a high opinion of herself. She has no talent...didn't even make a good Guess model. I really am starting to feel sorry for her. She has all this money and no direction.

You know, I was beginning to feel the "guilts" at being attracted to and amused by this train wreck in motion. I was thinking that the parents were as much to blame, it's really not Paris's fault as she doesn't know any better.

But then I shook myself up and slapped me upside my head and shouted
"get real" :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Little sis Nicki has managed to slow down her life and stay out of trouble. And there are 2 little brothers of Paris's that we hear nothing about (at least I don't...). There are also a host of cousins that are Hiltons and manage to keep a low profile!

So while I can feel sorry for her for having Kathy as a mom, Paris is now a grown up and will never lose her sense of entitlement :D

Lynie

You know, I was beginning to feel the "guilts" at being attracted to and amused by this train wreck in motion. I was thinking that the parents were as much to blame, it's really not Paris's fault as she doesn't know any better.

But then I shook myself up and slapped me upside my head and shouted
"get real" :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Little sis Nicki has managed to slow down her life and stay out of trouble. And there are 2 little brothers of Paris's that we hear nothing about (at least I don't...). There are also a host of cousins that are Hiltons and manage to keep a low profile!

So while I can feel sorry for her for having Kathy as a mom, Paris is now a grown up and will never lose her sense of entitlement :D

Lynie
I have to agree - I was thinking about Nicki last night. 1) She's pretty much stayed out of this latest Paris fiasco; 2) she hasn't been in the tabloids much lately; 3) she's got a designer clothing company, and isn't she doing something with revamping hotels or something similar? It appears to me that she's at least trying to be a solid business person and is using a brain vs. her spoiled brat image.

I get sick of these celebs that cry foul about their poor privacy being violated...but in the same week, etc. will make sure they are either some place that the media is, or they do something that ensures they'll get in the media. :hand:

Haha last night I went to bed in my nice comfy bed thinking about poor Paris sleeping on a hard uncomfortable bed in a cold cell.

Oh yeah, I had a glass of wine too. Only I didn't drive. Life's tough Paris. It's a matter of making good choices. I hope you wake up and realize why you're in jail and dont make the same mistake again.

The judge is telling what happened from his perspective:

Sauer concurred, asking why Hilton's medical issues could not be treated in the jail.

The judge then took the Sheriff's Department to task. He said Undersheriff Larry Waldie had called him Wednesday afternoon to say that Hilton might have psychiatric problems and asked if the judge was adamant about her serving the full sentence in jail. Sauer responded that he was, telling Waldie that if the department wanted to release her, he should send medical documents to Sauer's court for review. Sauer said he never received such documents. Waldie said the judge misrepresented their conversation and that it would be illegal for the department to fax Hilton's medical records over.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...1746923.story?coll=chi-entertainmentfront-hed

lol--Paris Hilton's shrink spent two hours with her today--awwww--and then gave her psychotropic drugs to deal with the stress--that's actually a good idea, keep her a drugged-up zombie til she gets out lol

lol--Paris Hilton's shrink spent two hours with her today--awwww--and then gave her psychotropic drugs to deal with the stress--that's actually a good idea, keep her a drugged-up zombie til she gets out lol

You're right - it really is probably the best thing for all concerned. :crazy:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_en_ot/paris_hilton_hollywood

From the article:

Usually "powerful people protect powerful people," said veteran Hollywood publicist Michael Levine.

"But in this case I don't see any rallying around her," he said. "She is a person who got into the famous club for nothing and I think there's some contempt around that."

Howard Bragman, a longtime publicist who runs the public-relations firm Fifteen Minutes, said Hilton doesn't have the "strong foundation of relationships in this town" that would motivate famous folks to stand behind her.

"Paris' career was made in a microwave and not in a crock pot," he said, adding that Hilton lacks the self-awareness that might inspire empathy from her colleagues.

"You've got to understand and accept responsibility for yourself in order for people to rally around you," he said.

Then she'll eat, do nothing and gain weight! lol

The Sheriff ought to respect the judges wishes...otherwise it does have the appearance of 'special treatment'. The Sheriff acted as if the jail had no medical facilities or doctors.

Hi Mush. I imagine this is all hard for friends and family to watch and see. Not only the jail controversy but just all the bad press from media and the general public.

Hi J,
My God! I would think that *advertiser censored* video she was in wouldve been harder!!:eek: My parents wouldve never let me live it down and then, 27 yrs later, I have to be scared to death my son sees it! lol
She can at least redeem herself once she gets out of the slammer. (if she chooses to)

I saw this and thought it was funny to see so many pictures of herself in her own home! Now if it was her "boyfriend's" home ok....but no it was her home. lol She obviously has a high opinion of herself. She has no talent...didn't even make a good Guess model. I really am starting to feel sorry for her. She has all this money and no direction.

I think she would make a good *advertiser censored* actress lol Did you ever see that Hamburger commercial she did over a motorcycle? SHEESH:rolleyes: it bordered on *advertiser censored*. She seems to have a talent for it:eek:

Hi J,
My God! I would think that *advertiser censored* video she was in wouldve been harder!!:eek: My parents wouldve never let me live it down and then, 27 yrs later, I have to be scared to death my son sees it! lol
She can at least redeem herself once she gets out of the slammer. (if she chooses to)
You would think is right!
I think her family and friends are accepting of her sex tape, lol. But they are not accepting of Paris being unhappy.
One of our local reporters was walking by Ma & Pa Hilton and one of PH's friends when they were walking out of the proceedings. The girl friend turned to Kathy Hilton and said "Gosh, they are SO mean".

I wonder if Paris ever went to summer camp when she was young. Of course, if she did, it was one of those posh "camps" where you never have to get dirty and there are no mosquitoes.

It seems like the Hiltons perceived jail like it was summer camp. Paris had to at least try it, but if she wasn't having any fun, or didn't like the food, or couldn't make friends, or missed her mommy, she could just whine and cry and the camp leader would call the mom to come pick her up (or, realistically, send a driver to pick her up). They just don't seem to get the realities of a jail sentenc. Of course, it doesn't help that their lawyers and doctors and now the LA sheriff go along with that mentality.

While I do not feel sorry for Paris, since she is an adult and was given ample opportunity to straighten up her act before she was sent to jail, I do sympathize with any person who is raised in such a way that they have no sense of reality. That was one thing I really admired about Princess Diana. Despite all of the fame, and glamour and money, she made it her mission to give her sons a grounding in the real world and to show them a lot of genuine love and affection (including discipline) while doing so. Paris doesn't seem to have received any grounding nor discipline. I haven't heard about her childhood, but my impression is that the parents paid others to handle the mundane and dirty tasks of raising their children and limited their relationship with their children to spoiling and pampering. But that is no excuse. Another poster commented on how Nicky has managed to get her act together. Paris is a real piece of work. I didn't see the photos of her home, but the description of all of the images of herself seems right on target with her narcissistic personality.

For those who say Paris' sentence is too harsh. In the East Liverpool (OH)Review Court notes there are a few driving while under suspension cases. One example of a sentence handed out for the offense was 180 days, 105 suspended with 75 to be served.

It seems strange to see all these people known for being the life of the party suddenly end up in these situations. Paris, Joe what'shisface (the Girls gone Wild guy) doing time, Nicole Ritchie, Lindsey Lohan are probably going to end up in jail. Britney Spears, you're probably next.

Guess the party's over.

Since Paris can't have that glass of wine, let's have it for her.

May I propose a toast to Paris in jail!

And, another toast to the judge!

Gulp...

Just heard on Fox News that Paris released a statement, I didn't catch the whole statement, however she stated she told her lawyers not to appeal.

They must have given her some meds to calm her down.

Just heard on Fox News that Paris released a statement, I didn't catch the whole statement, however she stated she told her lawyers not to appeal.

They must have given her some meds to calm her down.
Good for her. Have some dignity, deal with it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe