Paris Hilton to serve time part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was caught driving in a suspended license.....very few people are sent to jail for this. It's a simple traffic infraction and her sentence is harsh.

Actually, driving on a suspended license that was a part of punishment is a BIG deal and many will see a jail cell because of it. What she did wasn't a simple traffic infraction and her sentence is the norm. If you go into your own county jail this weekend, you'll find more than a few there for the same thing. All she had to do was not drive for 30 days. :banghead:

Maybe someone else knows, but Dog's daughter was killed in an accident last year. I don't know if a drunk driver was involved though. I'm interested to know why they are defending Paris. Maybe it has something to do with his own legal troubles and all the scum they have had to deal with over the years.

Just thought I'd add: Paris is going to jail for driving with a suspended license, recklessly and Mary Winkler is going to a mental health facility (not jail) for not too many more days.

I remember the accident, on Dog & Beth's wedding day...but I also don't remember if it was a d/d or not.

Paris pleaded guilty to RECKLESS DRIVING..not DUI.

She was caught driving in a suspended license.....very few people are sent to jail for this. It's a simple traffic infraction and her sentence is harsh.

Also....just because the law states inmates are supposed to get their meds, doesn't mean it happens. Jail is a very cruel place.

I'm not really into Paris and could care less...but I hate to see injustice, and what is happening to her is so unfair....

I believe in punishment for crimes, but this just isn't right.....

She pleaded no contest to reckless driving. Her sentence was 36 months probation, alcohol education and fined. She was stopped twice driving on a suspended license. I believe she went to jail, then, not for driving on a suspended license, but for violating the terms of her probation by driving while suspended. No?

She pleaded no contest to reckless driving. Her sentence was 36 months probation, alcohol education and fined. She was stopped twice driving on a suspended license. I believe she went to jail, then, not for driving on a suspended license, but for violating the terms of her probation by driving while suspended. No?

I though this last time she had been drinking in addition to driving on a suspended license...???

Actually, driving on a suspended license that was a part of punishment is a BIG deal and many will see a jail cell because of it. What she did wasn't a simple traffic infraction and her sentence is the norm. If you go into your own county jail this weekend, you'll find more than a few there for the same thing. All she had to do was not drive for 30 days. :banghead:

No...here they get you for habitual offender after being caught 3 times...usually the sentence is less than 24 hours. Jails are too crowded for such non-violent offenses.

I'm not saying I agree...she should have never drove, but the sentence is harsh.

"Hilton's jailhouse saga began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night hamburger run.
She pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines. In the months that followed she was stopped twice while driving on a suspended license. The second stop landed her in Sauer's courtroom...

Not that I'm proud of this but... while I was on probation with a suspended sentence and a suspended license (although it wasn't for driving while under the influence), I was ticketed 3 more times for driving with a suspended license. I was never arrested, my probation officer was never even contacted, my car was never towed.. all I had to do was call someone with a license to come and get the car, I was ordered to appear in court and I was on my merry way.

In court, my license was then taken from me for a total of 5 years, I had to pay the origional fine, a restoration fee and was handed back my license with 7 points on it.

I have never known anyone who has been sent to jail for driving while under suspension or who had had their probation violated for doing so. Perhaps it's different in different states?

If this was already posted, sorry. I read so much about the 'Herpes' I had to do a little surfing and see what is out there. I came across this page that has a photo of what is allegedly a prescription that Paris allegedly left behind when she allegedly failed to pay for her storage unit. Again, I don't know if this is real or doctored, I drew my own conclusions, which I won't share. P.S. I wouldn't click on the highlighted words unless you are interested in being flashed by what is allegedly Paris Hilton.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/01/paris-storage-shed-ickier-than-imagined.php

Did anyone else see the very limited tour of Paris' home on Greta's show?

I don't know why I was surprised that it was incredibly tacky and filled with pictures of herself....Absolutely everywhere there was a space on a wall or a table, there was a picture of Paris.

A few of them included family or friends, but it is more than obvious who Paris loves the most.

OMG!:rolleyes:

But she was in charge of decisions before jail. Not to mention driving drunk, she should have reported any illness or medical needs when she checked herself in. There is protocol to be followed during intake. It's just common sense to tell people you need meds when you are going to be locked. There is protocol to be followed when an inmate needs special attention. none of it was followed and she is paying the price.
The judge only wants he to follow the same procedure that anyone else would. If someone else had this issue they would submit for a hearing, get it on court calendar and plead their case. She didn't do that, but will next week.
Well "she" wasn't in charge of following the protocol was she? Isn't that the job of the Sheriff? So she was having "issues" and her condition was duly reported to the person in charge of her incarceration. THAT PERSON (Sheriff Baca) made the decision to NOT to follow protocol, but to place her on house arrest instead. PH wasn't making the decision, she didn't know the protocol - all she did was have an "issue" which someone else was responsible for handling. The Sheriff COULD have sent her to the medical unit but HE didn't do that. It wasn't like PH TOLD the Sheriff to ignore protocol and send her home - PH probably doesn't have the IQ to begin to understand the legalities, the protocol or even question a decision made on her behalf. This is a woman who had to be coached step by step on how to use the jail phone to make a collect call. And it wasn't HER Dr that did the mental eval - wasn't PH seen by TWO jail psych Drs and an MD who all recommended she go home?

And BTW - jails are not known for being good at dispensing medications to prisoners. It's not like the guards are highly paid and 100% law abiding themselves - if they took someone's meds themselves, who is going to be believed? The guard or the prisoner? Here in Dallas people have DIED in jail and others have become extremely ill - all because medical care was not provided and prisoners were denied their meds. The HUGE and overcrowded LA jail already has health care issues (rampant staph infections) and now we are to believe that a judge knows whether they are capable of handling all their prisoner's medical and mental health issues properly or not? I would have to assume that perhaps the Sheriff might know what's best as to that area? And PH is NOT a violent, dangerous, high level inmate. She is not indigent either. WHY should the county be paying for her medical care and a high level of security when she could have been treated privately at her own expense while on house arrest? Waste of county money and resources, but at least the judge got his way. IMO What they should have done is call it "time served" and 40 days of house arrest (or even 60 days) and fined her a FORTUNE (so other more needy prisoners got better medical care maybe?).

What I see is two men having a pi$$ing contest to see who's the biggest, baddest, most powerful dog in the yard. It makes them both look bad IMO. And BOTH of these grown men should know better than to act like they did. Lack of professionalism on the part of two men who are making and enforcing the rules on society.

My Opinion

Well "she" wasn't in charge of following the protocol was she? Isn't that the job of the Sheriff? So she was having "issues" and her condition was duly reported to the person in charge of her incarceration. THAT PERSON (Sheriff Baca) made the decision to NOT to follow protocol, but to place her on house arrest instead. PH wasn't making the decision, she didn't know the protocol - all she did was have an "issue" which someone else was responsible for handling. The Sheriff COULD have sent her to the medical unit but HE didn't do that. It wasn't like PH TOLD the Sheriff to ignore protocol and send her home - PH probably doesn't have the IQ to begin to understand the legalities, the protocol or even question a decision made on her behalf. This is a woman who had to be coached step by step on how to use the jail phone to make a collect call. And it wasn't HER Dr that did the mental eval - wasn't PH seen by TWO jail psych Drs and an MD who all recommended she go home?

And BTW - jails are not known for being good at dispensing medications to prisoners. It's not like the guards are highly paid and 100% law abiding themselves - if they took someone's meds themselves, who is going to be believed? The guard or the prisoner? Here in Dallas people have DIED in jail and others have become extremely ill - all because medical care was not provided and prisoners were denied their meds. The HUGE and overcrowded LA jail already has health care issues (rampant staph infections) and now we are to believe that a judge knows whether they are capable of handling all their prisoner's medical and mental health issues properly or not? I would have to assume that perhaps the Sheriff might know what's best as to that area? And PH is NOT a violent, dangerous, high level inmate. She is not indigent either. WHY should the county be paying for her medical care and a high level of security when she could have been treated privately at her own expense while on house arrest? Waste of county money and resources, but at least the judge got his way. IMO What they should have done is call it "time served" and 40 days of house arrest (or even 60 days) and fined her a FORTUNE (so other more needy prisoners got better medical care maybe?).

What I see is two men having a pi$$ing contest to see who's the biggest, baddest, most powerful dog in the yard. It makes them both look bad IMO. And BOTH of these grown men should know better than to act like they did. Lack of professionalism on the part of two men who are making and enforcing the rules on society.

My Opinion
I totally agree that there are a lot of political agendas being played out here.

But yes she was in charge of following procedure regarding getting medication. She had the power.
What Paris didn't do for herself that she was responsible for was making certain that meds were available to her in jail. I don't know about Dallas, but our jails are VERY good at geting meds to inmates. Of that I am sure. They do take care of the medical issues. As a matter of fact they get very good free care! dental too. But they cannot get the meds to the inmates if they don't tell anyone about them. that was completely within PH's control. I just don't understand how she could fail to report her chronic illness upon entrance to Lynwood. I just can't make sense of it. If she was on regular meds, it was her responsibility to make sure they were not interrupted and it is easily done and plain old common sense.
but she didn't do it.
She could have been sentenced to Twin Towers with proper medical care at the beginning, if she had only mentioned that she was seriously ill. But she failed to do so. Just makes me wonder how serious it was.
She probably wouldn't have been "treated" in the facility, but only been deliverd her meds as prescribed. The implication was that she deteriorated because she wasn't being medicated. She wouldn't have deteriorated if she had not missed her meds.
but she opted not to tell anyone. So odd.
So if she had gotten her meds she would not have deteriorated and she would have done her time and gone home. That's it.

After being taken to court Friday in a black-and-white police car, paparazzi sprinting in pursuit and helicopters broadcasting live from above, Hilton entered the courtroom weeping and continued to cry throughout the hearing, which lasted more than an hour.

Her blond hair was pulled back in a disheveled knot, in contrast to the glamorous side-swept style in her booking photo earlier in the week. She was wrapped in a long, gray fuzzy sweat shirt over slacks.

Several times she turned to her parents, seated behind her in the courtroom, and mouthed, "I love you." At one point, she made the sign of the cross and appeared to be praying.

Her body shook constantly as she cried, clutching a ball of tissue, tears running down her face.

Seconds later, the judge announced his decision: "The defendant is remanded to county jail to serve the remainder of her 45-day sentence. This order is forthwith."

Hilton screamed.

She screamed? She actually screamed? OMG.

I guess we get to add "Drama Queen" to her list of attributes.....

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/a...l/20070607110909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Well, I know you kids are gonna think I'm just nuts, but I think the reason why we can't seem to connect the dots on this deal about why Paris didn't make sure to report her need for certain meds to prison folks was because those meds she's on aren't ones she can claim she needs for a legitimate medical reason! Come on, kids! This young woman ran with the wild bunch! Heck, she was the center of the wild bunch! Are we all just plain blind? If she isn"t addicted to the kitchen sink of party drugs, I'll be very surprised!

gaia:cool:

Her attorney asked the Judge for a private in chambers meeting when they were in court today so they could discuss her "medical issues" without it being heard in open court and he denied the request.

The judge did say he would "evaluate" her medical information next week. I do agree she needs to pay her "debt" but what they did to her was cruel. In-Out-In and she has no control over any of it. I don't get the "hate" over this - Paris was not in control of ANY of decisions that were made AFTER she surrendered herself to jail.

My Opinion

I don't hate Paris....all she had to do was report her medical condition when she was processed in jail....why didn't she?

IMO Paris had no excuse....she could have easily hired a driver. She can buy her own cab company if need be.

Paris choose to flaunt the law time and time again, thinking because she was Paris Hilton she was above it.

The judge has proven there is no 'two tiered' justice system.

One system for all. Paris will survive her sentence.

Betcha she doesn't ever pull this again!!!

I don't hate Paris....all she had to do was report her medical condition when she was processed in jail....why didn't she?

I would venture to guess that she felt embarrased to tell the judge that she was addicted to alcohol, meth, Ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, PCP, mescaline, LSD and ABC........

I would venture to guess that she felt embarrased to tell the judge that she was addicted to alcohol, meth, Ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, PCP, mescaline, LSD and ABC........

Poco, we're on the same page, dear. Hey, I can see a scenario where she didn't tell her psychiatrist about all the street drugs but began to act really crazy due to withdrawals. The dumb dr. took it as something other than what it is and said she was losing it. Oh, she was losing it all right!!! I just plain can't believe this young woman wasn't taking lots of drugs. It's not something fathomable to me. I could be wrong, but I've seen lots of pics of her "on stuff". Recently, she was at some music festival and there were pics of her smoking marijuana plus pics of her drinking. Same with LLohan. What...are we all just plain stupid? Now, unless Paris is a bigtime drunk, alcohol shouldn't be giving her the DTs. No, the symptoms she's showing remind me of my son's from many years ago and he was on the current kid/street drugs (you name it). He tried to convince us he could titrate off 'em by himself! Right. He shook like a leaf, couldn't eat, and still tried to get away with smoking weed. He was waif-thin and acted schizo! I didn't hesitate any longer. He was taken to an inpatient facility and (luckily) stayed 7 weeks. The detox and imprint of how to live a clean life worked and he's been clean and sober ever since. I can only wish this for Paris.

I know I could be soooo wrong about her, but I just think it's so likely.

gaia

LOL....I think you are right Poco.

Also I think a lot of it is mental with Paris....no one has ever told her 'no'. Paris can't have her way and do what she wants without suffering the consequences.....enough to make any spoiled brat lose it and freak out.

I think the judge sent the correct message to young women who 'look' up to Paris! These wild young things are all crashing right and left.

Nicole...anorexia.
Lindsay...rehab.
Britney...rehab.

The fun loving clubbing lifestyle has proven toxic....the example they set has shown young women the results....and they ain't pretty results.

So, Paris dropped out of DWIGHT - probably in Grade 11. DWIGHT was a last chance for those who had been expelled from other NY schools. So, what was Paris's educational history that she ended up there? PRIVACY, PRIVACY, PRIVACY, I know. Since then, although she's had all monetary advantages, most of what she's done is make negative news, fodder for the trash mags. Just think of all the positive causes she could have organized.

Twenty-three days isn't exactly a lifetime. If Paris didn't have money, would she be an individual you would respect?

"Also I think a lot of it is mental with Paris....no one has ever told her 'no'. Paris can't have her way and do what she wants without suffering the consequences.....enough to make any spoiled brat lose it and freak out."

I think you have the situation. She quit school, parents didnt seem to freak out about that "*advertiser censored*" video she made, doesn't seem like she ever had anyone put their foot down on her antics and now she's paying the price and finding out the hard way what the world is REALLY like and its not all makeup artists, spas, MTV award shows, red carpet (for doing nothing) and dressing up and going partying. She should be forced to REALLY live the "simple life".
She can now add "jail" t her reality show and I hope Mom, Kathys happy the way she raised her daughter.
Paris had a Paid attorney to represent her, most of those prisoners have underpaid, overworked public defenders, maybe she should count her blessings......even though he didnt seem to defend her in the right way but hey, she did drive drunk and she did violate her probation, all she had to do was take cabs (certainly could afford) for a mo to avoid the "real" life of what happens when you break the law. IMO

"Also I think a lot of it is mental with Paris....no one has ever told her 'no'. Paris can't have her way and do what she wants without suffering the consequences.....enough to make any spoiled brat lose it and freak out."

I think you have the situation. She quit school, parents didnt seem to freak out about that "*advertiser censored*" video she made, doesn't seem like she ever had anyone put their foot down on her antics and now she's paying the price and finding out the hard way what the world is REALLY like and its not all makeup artists, spas, MTV award shows, red carpet (for doing nothing) and dressing up and going partying. She should be forced to REALLY live the "simple life".
She can now add "jail" t her reality show and I hope Mom, Kathys happy the way she raised her daughter.
Paris had a Paid attorney to represent her, most of those prisoners have underpaid, overworked public defenders, maybe she should count her blessings......even though he didnt seem to defend her in the right way but hey, she did drive drunk and she did violate her probation, all she had to do was take cabs (certainly could afford) for a mo to avoid the "real" life of what happens when you break the law. IMO

I can't imagine any parent proud of their daughter's *advertiser censored* video!!!

Paris' parents deserve a lot of blame...and not the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member