Patricia Garrido

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what I noticed in the interview also. I was also very skeptical of her claims about being in bed. She made it sound like she has been bed ridden for the past 18 years.

Yet she was seen driving recently. No, this dementia thing is a ruse to avoid her responsibility. She should be in a orange jumpsuit next to her precious Phil. :furious:

Yet she was seen driving recently. No, this dementia thing is a ruse to avoid her responsibility. She should be in a orange jumpsuit next to her precious Phil. :furious:

Yeah, I thought about the driving thing when she was presenting herself as bed ridden all those years. What is the deal about being in a wheelchair? Lot's of folks might be in a wheelchair for some time, but are we supposed to assume from what she says that she was some sort of invalid since 1991 or before in addition to the dementia? For all we know she's a weirdo too, but she was allowed to just go to a nursing home wasn't she? I wouldn't want to put my mom in that nursing home just in case. I sincerely hope they evaluated all her physical and mental health claims before placing her there.

There is a process that dementia patients follow, not by wanting to have to, but because of the disease process. She doesn't fit the mold of a person with "severe dementia for 8 years" as her other son said, any more than she has been bed bound for 18. Notice in the article that she is standing up with a walker. Not something someone who has been in bed for 18 years is able to do.

Sunnie, I think you were the one who gave us the best explanation of how dementia works and analysis of Patricia. If others haven't read that, it's a must read!

There is a process that dementia patients follow, not by wanting to have to, but because of the disease process. She doesn't fit the mold of a person with "severe dementia for 8 years" as her other son said, any more than she has been bed bound for 18. Notice in the article that she is standing up with a walker. Not something someone who has been in bed for 18 years is able to do.
BBM
:laugh:

She did not need the walker to go drive either.
I bet you she has a neck brace too incase she needs to say she could not turn her head. :laugh:

A LETTER FROM SOB SON TO HIS MOTHER.

Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnap: Phillip Garrido's begging letters to mum
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ido-s-begging-letters-to-mum-115875-21755254/

<<SNIP>>
Garrido's father Manuel, 87, who is divorced from his wife Patricia, said: "He doesn't want his mother to think ill of him.

"But I don't think he'll ever be truly sorry. With Phillip there's something not right with his mind.

A LETTER FROM SOB SON TO HIS MOTHER.

Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnap: Phillip Garrido's begging letters to mum
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ido-s-begging-letters-to-mum-115875-21755254/

<<SNIP>>
Garrido's father Manuel, 87, who is divorced from his wife Patricia, said: "He doesn't want his mother to think ill of him.

"But I don't think he'll ever be truly sorry. With Phillip there's something not right with his mind.

So, I take from the article that they got this info from Manuel. And, where did he get it from? Patricia? And, even if Garrido did pen such letters not wanting his mom to think ill of him, are we supposed to believe he wouldn't do that to save her skin and make it look like she isn't guilty of anything?

I got the impression that the other son hadn't seen her in that time, so he may have been taking PG's sayso on that. You get the impression from their interviews that either this family was extremely dysfunctional or there was some huge old rift (perhaps stemming from PGs activities when he was younger and people taking sides?)

I sort of get the vibe that she might be a real life version of Tony Soprano's mom ;)

So, I take from the article that they got this info from Manuel. And, where did he get it from? Patricia? And, even if Garrido did pen such letters not wanting his mom to think ill of him, are we supposed to believe he wouldn't do that to save her skin and make it look like she isn't guilty of anything?

And...Manual said he wouldn't talk to the media anymore unless he got paid and more than $2000. I don't see much in that article that would warrant him being paid anything.

If his father did say that, it could also be a generalized statement. There HAS to be something in patricia and pgs relationship that caused patricia to be so unwilling to accept that he did anything wrong, spoil him enough to make his father angry and jealous about it and allow him to live with her and basically take over her life.

Brentwood at the time was VERY small, rural and the people who lived there were hard working but had the attitude that children should be seen and not heard. I know of two other men from there, both a few years older than pg that used drugs, drank heavily and also became SO's. The parents of these men didn't care what they did, as long as they brought home good grades and didn't get in trouble. LE was no better then, as they both told me on instances where they were drunk or high and LE told them to go straight home, and didn't detain them.

Both of them had been beaten by their parents, watched their fathers abuse their mothers, were the younger siblings, socially unable to form strong or lasting friendships and started their abuse young. I am not saying that there are any excuses that can condone child abuse, sexual abuse or spousal abuse, or that things happen more in Brentwood than in other cities. I just find it odd that I know 2 other SO that went to school there near the same time. I did a paper in College about SO. It was before home computers and Megans Law. My boyfriend at the time knew both of these guys, introduced me and they let me "interview" them. The one thing that shocked me was attitude that they couldn't help what they had done. It was their parents fault, the girls fault, the schools fault, the LE fault, the drug dealers fault........ You get the picture. Very interesting, very scary.

Assuming this is all true, of course:

This just proves how disturbingly close he is to his mother, furthering my belief that she abused him as a boy. As I said before, it's common for former victims to emotionally depend on their parents who abused them. His identity was based on playing "God," having Dugard and the girls totally under his control. Controlling and raping women and girls, was his coping mechanism. Now that it's gone, he's lost. So he turns to his mother, almost depending on her. The man is nearly 60! This mother-son relationship is like something out of "Psycho." He wants her to "understand" him? She already does. They're basically clones of each other.

This entire family--the Garridos--is sick to the core. From Manuel and Patricia Garrido to Phillip and Nancy. Sick, sick, sick. We all know how incredibly rare it is for a woman to play junior partner to a child rapist, but it's something else when a child rapist not only includes his wife, but also, in essence, his own mother in order to carry out the captivity and that they both obliged rather willingly! They all really did see this as their ideal "family" situation didn't they? They make Manuel Garrido look good.

Patricia Garrido is beyond an enabler, but someone who clearly approves of her son's criminality and was a co-conspirator by refusing to stop it when she had well over a decade to do so. The hell she didn't know what was going on. As soon as Phillip walked in with a child born in 1980, while he was in prison, *she knew.* Who would visit such a man, let alone have sex with him besides such a deluded woman as Nancy? They keep records of who visits and when. Where is her mother? Where is the birth certificate? How come she looks nothing like him and is rather little if her father is supposedly 6'4"? At the very least, she knew that it was extremely unlikely a woman in her right mind would leave her young girl to him, after confessing his child rape desires. But what do you expect from a woman who thinks there's nothing wrong with having precious children live in squalor outside in damn tents? Sick f&*#!

Patricia should be asked if she knew about any other sweet girls, older or younger , that PG and NG might have had over to the house. Or maybe she heard them talking about some other girls. There's no reason for PF not to talk about some of the other girls that PG might have not been so nice to as he was to Jaycee (intense sarcasm here) because PG can do not wrong. ( I am referring to the possibility that PG kidnapped other females) PF knows plenty and she should be kindly asked what she knows, being the sweet little grandmother that she is ( again intensely sarcastic here) And really, since grannie dearest saw Jaycee, where exactly did she think Jaycee and the daughters were living?

@Songline: Eesh, that's where Garrido got that incredibly creepy stare from hell. From the Berkeley officers', the girls have Garrido's eyes. To me, that's his most distinguishing feature. Patricia Garrido is a sick, twisted woman. She met "Alyssa" from the very beginning. If this is true, that Patricia Garrido did an interview with this UK tabloid, in which she does come across as rather lucid, then it shows just how much Garrido trusted his mother. In the midst of tons of TV coverage in the wake of Dugard's kidnapping, he still showed the victim to his mother. Considering the rest of the circumstances we've all already discussed, the hell this woman didn't know she was kidnapped.

&#8220;Nancy has a heart of gold and everyone seemed happy. Allissa was a very happy girl.I still call her Allissa because he never told me she was called Jaycee. I just didn&#8217;t think there was anything wrong with it.&#8221;

She still has the nerve to call Nancy a wonderful person and then say she didn't think there was anything wrong with the, uh, living conditions for Dugard and the girls, claiming her Depression-era childhood as some sort of excuse, even going so far as to claim the backyard was a "selling point" (Notice how throughout the interview the focus is on presenting herself as sympathetic? Most people whose child had committed such a crime would just express horror, grief, and shame.). How is that even possible?! Both my grandparents grew up during the Depression with my grandfather being homeless as a child and he would never even think to find it acceptable for a child, let alone his own grandchild, to live outside. If anything, having experienced it himself, he was more adamant about making sure children are spared such cruelties. But this woman still finds it just fine treating children like damn animals surrounded by absolute filth. Dementia wouldn't cause her to change her views on something so basic as child welfare: this is her view.

Mommie Dearest goes on to say, &#8220;She was very lucky to have two girls instead of two sons because they will look after her when she&#8217;s older.&#8221; What an odd thing to say. A parent should be happy to have any child, but she focused on presenting it negatively ("..instead of two boys...") and implied the point of a child is to take care of you.

OMFG Can we string her azz up too?
then again she didnt find a problem with jayceee being his 'daughter' and her having daughters by him............ugh sick twisted.........
god bless jaycee for surviing with her sanity intact

She wasn't even sympathetic or apologetic for what Jaycee went through!!! Oh how I want this woman to pay for what she did!!!

these 3 (garrido, nancy, patricia) are 3 of the sickes animals.......god my admiration of jayce just gets stronger as these detials get worse.

ITA with everything that you say.
Patricia is like the Anthony's in the Florida case where their daughter is sitting in jail for killing their grandchild and they keep on saying that their daughter was a loving mom and she did not do it...
I am not trying to veer off onto another case, but I know some parents will go to the fire for their own.
Which unfortunately does not produce accountable people. those parents produce the kind of people that can justify harming and abusing and even torturing others.
Patricia did see the TV: JC was on the news every night for a while, and then updates every so often. PATRICIA KNEW.
She is worse then a sick twisted woman...She is a demon seed.

The thought that those girls would have those creepy eyes, or look anything like him freaks me out...
I think that for Terry it can be very hard to swallow. I hope it will not create a barrier....But it can.
To be very honest I don't know how I would swallow that pill, regardless to the joy of finding JC.

i think jaycee feared terry's reaction. that's why one of the first things she told her was 'hi mom i have babies'. i think terry accepts her grandchildren because there jaycee's. jaycee is beyond there parentage, i think terry will be if she isnt already.

@Songline: To me the most damning thing about her is that even after her son *admitted* to having rape fantasies, wanting to rape young girls, and having exposed himself to young girls, she still backed him. She wasn't in denial. She knew and was accepting of it. That is something I still can't grasp, it's so disturbing.

You think if she was going to offer him any grief about his child rape obsession, he would have stayed with her? No. In fact, she was fine with him being alone with three young girls, Dugard and then her daughters, *after* that chilling admission. If you knew of someone who admitted to desperately wanting to hurt animals and having already committed minor animal cruelty, would you trust them with a dog? Hell no. And yet, she didn't mind. Hell, she didn't mind her granddaughters living like junkyard dogs.

As for the girls' eyes: yes, if it's true that they have Garrido's eyes, that stare would haunt me if they were just looking at me like they did with the two Berkeley women. But I'm guessing Terry Probyn is more overwhelmed with the fact that these girls are *her* granddaughters, the children of her beloved daughter. I'm sure they look a lot like Dugard (as noted by that '06 call by the neighbor) and when they smile, it must just melt their grandmother's heart. They're obviously innocent in all this and, if anything, they helped her daughter emotionally cope with the unbelievable trauma. They most likely gave their mother a sense of purpose, something she needed to survive. That's what I'm guessing Mrs. Probyn is seeing, rather than Garrido's eyes.

That's not to say I would be against a rape victim wanting to abort the fetus or have the child of that rape be adopted by someone else. It is a constant reminder of what happened. But in this case, Dugard obviously wants her children to be a part of her life.

like i said in another thread (or it might have been this one) jaycee looks at her girls and sees herself. i think terry does too.
and its obvious to me jaycee loves her girls. she did her best to take care of them under the worst of cirucmstances

BBM
:laugh:

She did not need the walker to go drive either.
I bet you she has a neck brace too incase she needs to say she could not turn her head. :laugh:

unfortunately she turned her head alot :banghead:

What a Sweet Prayer... :)
(the truth we cant know yet - time will tell - they sure do have a second chance :))

I tried to put myself in Terry's shoes, and I have to say for myself; I would have to work on it daily.
those eyes IF they have them would flip me out.
And yes the focus for now is LOVE SIMPLICITY and PEACE.

she has her long lost beloved daughter and best friend back and two beautfiul grandchildren. i have a feeling thats the way she sees it :)

Patricia should be asked if she knew about any other sweet girls, older or younger , that PG and NG might have had over to the house. Or maybe she heard them talking about some other girls. There's no reason for PF not to talk about some of the other girls that PG might have not been so nice to as he was to Jaycee (intense sarcasm here) because PG can do not wrong. ( I am referring to the possibility that PG kidnapped other females) PF knows plenty and she should be kindly asked what she knows, being the sweet little grandmother that she is ( again intensely sarcastic here) And really, since grannie dearest saw Jaycee, where exactly did she think Jaycee and the daughters were living?

Do you actually think she would incriminate her son? I doubt it. In some sick way she reminds me of the Anthony's in Floria "My Kid is a good kid" :rolleyes:

I had a debate with a some friend who came over last night about what they would do if their kid did something bad...
Most of them had the same reply: Women said they would never throw their kid under a bus unless they were repeat offenders. the men said they would turn them in - in a a nano second.

I do not think Patricia will help the police. and what is worse, I think sexual deviants is a way of life there, so many accept it to willingly. OR WE WOULD HAVE MANY MORE BUSTS BY NOW. It has been 2 months since JC has been saved long enough for a real crack down to have come up with more offenders, and more released victims. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back