Patricia Garrido

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oddly, Ancestry.com shows Hershel as having a phone number at the Walnut Street address from 1998 through 2002 - twelve-to-sixteen years after his death. It is not unknown for a widow to keep her husband's name on the phone after he died for security reasons, but Patricia had Phillip living there and could have used his name (or his alias, for that matter). And there is no record of a son named Hershel so this is not a "junior" situation. Something else was going on here.

Thank you for further validating this. I know it doesn't mean it's so, but it should be looked into. Seems there could be a high probability (or higher) they were using his identity because of those three facts... 1.) still on records from 1998-2002, 2.) no other person, esp a son, shows up with that name period let alone in that area, and 3.) someone with that name said to be 39 is showing up in searches connected to Patricia, Philip, and Nancy.

Was anything else ever found out about the "Ward" name connected to them?

The phone service was probably already in his name and there was no reason to change it at all. There would be no benefit. I know many women that have lost their husbands but do not make it known to utility companies or anyone if they don't have to. They might even require a deposit if she has never had a utility in her name or if it has been a long time.

If she moved or had to change her number I might agree, but if it is the same number at the same address, then i think this is normal behavior. jmho of course.

You have a point on phone numbers and utilities ... my mom still does these things and my dad has been dead for 11 years.

Thank you for further validating this. I know it doesn't mean it's so, but it should be looked into. Seems there could be a high probability (or higher) they were using his identity because of those three facts... 1.) still on records from 1998-2002, 2.) no other person, esp a son, shows up with that name period let alone in that area, and 3.) someone with that name said to be 39 is showing up in searches connected to Patricia, Philip, and Nancy.

Was anything else ever found out about the "Ward" name connected to them?

I'm not sure ... maybe this isn't as strong as I had thought. I checked my dad's name on veromi and on peoplefinders and the age is way off, by more than 50 years. Although that also gave me pause wondering if his identity had been stolen as he has been deceased for over a decade. However, this site did have the correct info for my dad:

netsleuth.com

All sites had the correct info for my mom... so I don't know what gives. I wrote to veromi and asked and I will also ask my brother to check out my father's SS# or any other means he can (he can probably do much more than I because of his position).

You have a point on phone numbers and utilities ... my mom still does these things and my dad has been dead for 11 years.
Exactly . Why would your mom go to the trouble of changing the utilties into her name when there is no reason to? I cannot think of any reason at all to change the utilties. I mentioned i just closed an estate for a women that died last year. Her dh has been dead since 1981! All utilities were in his name and there was no reason to go through the hassle of changing it.
She would have had to supply a death certificate, perhaps leave a deposit and reveal that she may now live alone. Coupled with the fact that changing utilties is pain in behind anyway, who would want to hassle it if it is unecessary?

I'm not sure ... maybe this isn't as strong as I had thought. I checked my dad's name on veromi and on peoplefinders and the age is way off, by more than 50 years. Although that also gave me pause wondering if his identity had been stolen as he has been deceased for over a decade. However, this site did have the correct info for my dad:

netsleuth.com

All sites had the correct info for my mom... so I don't know what gives. I wrote to veromi and asked and I will also ask my brother to check out my father's SS# or any other means he can (he can probably do much more than I because of his position).
I just looked at my dads and some of the info is right and some of the info is wrong.

Oddly, Ancestry.com shows Hershel as having a phone number at the Walnut Street address from 1998 through 2002 - twelve-to-sixteen years after his death. It is not unknown for a widow to keep her husband's name on the phone after he died for security reasons, but Patricia had Phillip living there and could have used his name (or his alias, for that matter). And there is no record of a son named Hershel so this is not a "junior" situation. Something else was going on here.

As you said, many women (especially elderly) keep their deceased husband's name in the phone book out of fear of having someone think they are a woman living alone. I know of at least two personally who have done it for over 20 years. (Never even took his name off the checks!) But really, knowing that your own son was on parole for being a convicted rapist, would you want to put his name in the phone book? Is that what you're sayng?

As you said, many women (especially elderly) keep their deceased husband's name in the phone book out of fear of having someone think they are a woman living alone. I know of at least two personally who have done it for over 20 years. (Never even took his name off the checks!) But really, knowing that your own son was on parole for being a convicted rapist, would you want to put his name in the phone book? Is that what you're sayng?

That's a good point. I'm sure if PG wanted it changed he would have.

This was posted back on page one of this thread, but I think it needs to be bumped.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ught-jaycee-was-his-daughter-115875-21650599/

Patricia seems rather lucid in this interview - lucid enough to be responsible for her actions.

And looks just like her spooky demon son.
All I saw when I opened the page was a vision of him.
But...YES in this article is pretty clear she is lucid.
On another note:
Sure hope the girls look much more like JC.

@Songline: Eesh, that's where Garrido got that incredibly creepy stare from hell. From the Berkeley officers', the girls have Garrido's eyes. To me, that's his most distinguishing feature. Patricia Garrido is a sick, twisted woman. She met "Alyssa" from the very beginning. If this is true, that Patricia Garrido did an interview with this UK tabloid, in which she does come across as rather lucid, then it shows just how much Garrido trusted his mother. In the midst of tons of TV coverage in the wake of Dugard's kidnapping, he still showed the victim to his mother. Considering the rest of the circumstances we've all already discussed, the hell this woman didn't know she was kidnapped.

“Nancy has a heart of gold and everyone seemed happy. Allissa was a very happy girl.I still call her Allissa because he never told me she was called Jaycee. I just didn’t think there was anything wrong with it.”

She still has the nerve to call Nancy a wonderful person and then say she didn't think there was anything wrong with the, uh, living conditions for Dugard and the girls, claiming her Depression-era childhood as some sort of excuse, even going so far as to claim the backyard was a "selling point" (Notice how throughout the interview the focus is on presenting herself as sympathetic? Most people whose child had committed such a crime would just express horror, grief, and shame.). How is that even possible?! Both my grandparents grew up during the Depression with my grandfather being homeless as a child and he would never even think to find it acceptable for a child, let alone his own grandchild, to live outside. If anything, having experienced it himself, he was more adamant about making sure children are spared such cruelties. But this woman still finds it just fine treating children like damn animals surrounded by absolute filth. Dementia wouldn't cause her to change her views on something so basic as child welfare: this is her view.

Mommie Dearest goes on to say, “She was very lucky to have two girls instead of two sons because they will look after her when she’s older.” What an odd thing to say. A parent should be happy to have any child, but she focused on presenting it negatively ("..instead of two boys...") and implied the point of a child is to take care of you.

One correction: I've reread the article and although the following sentence implies Garrido introduced "Alyssa" to his mother from the very beginning in 1991, it's not crystal clear:

"He took Jaycee there in 1991 after abducting her off the street, introduced her as “Allissa” and calmly announced to Patricia: “She’s mine, Mom.""

However, I'm still certain Patricia Garrido knew what her son was doing, holding a child captive and abusing her.

She wasn't even sympathetic or apologetic for what Jaycee went through!!! Oh how I want this woman to pay for what she did!!!

I just looked at my dads and some of the info is right and some of the info is wrong.

I contacted veromi about the info on my dad being wrong, the only thing that was right a bout it was his connection to my mom and his name. I think it's ok to post their response here. I guess veromi and peoplefinders are the same folks, that I didn't know.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Our records are compiled from many public record sources including but not limited to white pages information, real property records, death records, magazine subscriptions, and voter registration. The information returned is pulled from these different public record sources. If the subject you are looking for has not reported his or her information to these public record sources, our database will not have his or her record.

Public records, by law, must be available from the official public records office to anyone who requests them. Our database accurately reflects the underlying public records. Occasionally some of this information is incomplete or incorrect. Depending on the specific database, the records may or may not be updated frequently. If you have any questions, please call customer care.

Sincerely,
Customer Care
Peoplefinders.com
CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com
(800) 718-8997

It bothers me that they do not give a number to call or any other contact ref for requesting the public records, especially when I told them I was worried about identity theft because my dad had been deceased for over a decade. At least I got a little info, but I am still disturbed because the only age shown on both veromi and peoplefinders for my dad is 30 yrs old!! On another site that is also based on public records his correct age is listed -- so..... ?

@Songline: Eesh, that's where Garrido got that incredibly creepy stare from hell. From the Berkeley officers', the girls have Garrido's eyes. To me, that's his most distinguishing feature. Patricia Garrido is a sick, twisted woman. She met "Alyssa" from the very beginning. If this is true, that Patricia Garrido did an interview with this UK tabloid, in which she does come across as rather lucid, then it shows just how much Garrido trusted his mother. In the midst of tons of TV coverage in the wake of Dugard's kidnapping, he still showed the victim to his mother. Considering the rest of the circumstances we've all already discussed, the hell this woman didn't know she was kidnapped.

“Nancy has a heart of gold and everyone seemed happy. Allissa was a very happy girl.I still call her Allissa because he never told me she was called Jaycee. I just didn’t think there was anything wrong with it.”

She still has the nerve to call Nancy a wonderful person and then say she didn't think there was anything wrong with the, uh, living conditions for Dugard and the girls, claiming her Depression-era childhood as some sort of excuse, even going so far as to claim the backyard was a "selling point" (Notice how throughout the interview the focus is on presenting herself as sympathetic? Most people whose child had committed such a crime would just express horror, grief, and shame.). How is that even possible?! Both my grandparents grew up during the Depression with my grandfather being homeless as a child and he would never even think to find it acceptable for a child, let alone his own grandchild, to live outside. If anything, having experienced it himself, he was more adamant about making sure children are spared such cruelties. But this woman still finds it just fine treating children like damn animals surrounded by absolute filth. Dementia wouldn't cause her to change her views on something so basic as child welfare: this is her view.

Mommie Dearest goes on to say, “She was very lucky to have two girls instead of two sons because they will look after her when she’s older.” What an odd thing to say. A parent should be happy to have any child, but she focused on presenting it negatively ("..instead of two boys...") and implied the point of a child is to take care of you.
ITA with everything that you say.
Patricia is like the Anthony's in the Florida case where their daughter is sitting in jail for killing their grandchild and they keep on saying that their daughter was a loving mom and she did not do it...
I am not trying to veer off onto another case, but I know some parents will go to the fire for their own.
Which unfortunately does not produce accountable people. those parents produce the kind of people that can justify harming and abusing and even torturing others.
Patricia did see the TV: JC was on the news every night for a while, and then updates every so often. PATRICIA KNEW.
She is worse then a sick twisted woman...She is a demon seed.

The thought that those girls would have those creepy eyes, or look anything like him freaks me out...
I think that for Terry it can be very hard to swallow. I hope it will not create a barrier....But it can.
To be very honest I don't know how I would swallow that pill, regardless to the joy of finding JC.

@Songline: To me the most damning thing about her is that even after her son *admitted* to having rape fantasies, wanting to rape young girls, and having exposed himself to young girls, she still backed him. She wasn't in denial. She knew and was accepting of it. That is something I still can't grasp, it's so disturbing.

You think if she was going to offer him any grief about his child rape obsession, he would have stayed with her? No. In fact, she was fine with him being alone with three young girls, Dugard and then her daughters, *after* that chilling admission. If you knew of someone who admitted to desperately wanting to hurt animals and having already committed minor animal cruelty, would you trust them with a dog? Hell no. And yet, she didn't mind. Hell, she didn't mind her granddaughters living like junkyard dogs.

As for the girls' eyes: yes, if it's true that they have Garrido's eyes, that stare would haunt me if they were just looking at me like they did with the two Berkeley women. But I'm guessing Terry Probyn is more overwhelmed with the fact that these girls are *her* granddaughters, the children of her beloved daughter. I'm sure they look a lot like Dugard (as noted by that '06 call by the neighbor) and when they smile, it must just melt their grandmother's heart. They're obviously innocent in all this and, if anything, they helped her daughter emotionally cope with the unbelievable trauma. They most likely gave their mother a sense of purpose, something she needed to survive. That's what I'm guessing Mrs. Probyn is seeing, rather than Garrido's eyes.

That's not to say I would be against a rape victim wanting to abort the fetus or have the child of that rape be adopted by someone else. It is a constant reminder of what happened. But in this case, Dugard obviously wants her children to be a part of her life.

@Songline: To me the most damning thing about her is that even after her son *admitted* to having rape fantasies, wanting to rape young girls, and having exposed himself to young girls, she still backed him. She wasn't in denial. She knew and was accepting of it. That is something I still can't grasp, it's so disturbing.

You think if she was going to offer him any grief about his child rape obsession, he would have stayed with her? No. In fact, she was fine with him being alone with three young girls, Dugard and then her daughters, *after* that chilling admission. If you knew of someone who admitted to desperately wanting to hurt animals and having already committed minor animal cruelty, would you trust them with a dog? Hell no. And yet, she didn't mind. Hell, she didn't mind her granddaughters living like junkyard dogs.

As for the girls' eyes: yes, if it's true that they have Garrido's eyes, that stare would haunt me if they were just looking at me like they did with the two Berkeley women. But I'm guessing Terry Probyn is more overwhelmed with the fact that these girls are *her* granddaughters, the children of her beloved daughter. I'm sure they look a lot like Dugard (as noted by that '06 call by the neighbor) and when they smile, it must just melt their grandmother's heart. They're obviously innocent in all this and, if anything, they helped her daughter emotionally cope with the unbelievable trauma. They most likely gave their mother a sense of purpose, something she needed to survive. That's what I'm guessing Mrs. Probyn is seeing, rather than Garrido's eyes.

That's not to say I would be against a rape victim wanting to abort the fetus or have the child of that rape be adopted by someone else. It is a constant reminder of what happened. But in this case, Dugard obviously wants her children to be a part of her life.

Great post!!!:blowkiss:

I also think that at this time the focus is about love, joy and getting to know each other again in Jaycee and Terrys case and getting to meet 2 individuals who shared in all of the heartache Jaycee endured there by helping Jaycee survive, as you so eloquently stated above!!.

Even if Jaycees daughters have pgs eyes, I think they are filled with emotion, unlike pgs blank, devoid eyes! They most likely show joy, fear, love and excitement at a world they had not yet gotten to experience. As time goes by, the memories of pgs eyes will fade, to be replaced by the eyes of Terrys grandchildren!!

Stephens :) I love your sensitivity ((((( HUG )))))

ITA - that is why I think Patricia is the demon seed.

You are right about Terry - we dont know how she is handeling it, and it may all just melt her heart, we do know she too has thrapy sessions.
And we also know that she is so elated to have JC that everything else may be welcome.
I am just saying for me - their eyes would be very hard to handle if they have that look, and yes they are innocent no doubt.

I will say that much - People like Patricia are an accomplice and deserve to be locked up regardless to their age.
I had an incest case long ago where the girl had a father and 3 brothers who always had their way with her
since she was 8 till she was 16 when she finally ran away from home. Her mom did nothing about it at all. :(
This girl grew up to be one heck of an angry spirit. (PG is an angry spirit)
With time the more we pealed away, the sweeter she got, :) she was a wonderful lady.
She couldn't forgave her mom, but went to say good bye to her when she was on her death bed,
she was 32 by then. twice the age of when she left home.

She did forgive the men in her family, but never wanted to see them again.
She learned that several of her girl friends from her home town shared the same fate,
she found some comfort learning that her friends too shared that fate.
IT IS VERY SAD BUT SOME women select to dig their heads in the sand :( I call them an accomplice.
But Patricia does not shock me, I learned that often where there is abuse there is also an enabler :(

Great post!!!:blowkiss:

I also think that at this time the focus is about love, joy and getting to know each other again in Jaycee and Terrys case and getting to meet 2 individuals who shared in all of the heartache Jaycee endured there by helping Jaycee survive, as you so eloquently stated above!!.

Even if Jaycees daughters have pgs eyes, I think they are filled with emotion, unlike pgs blank, devoid eyes! They most likely show joy, fear, love and excitement at a world they had not yet gotten to experience. As time goes by, the memories of pgs eyes will fade, to be replaced by the eyes of Terrys grandchildren!!

What a Sweet Prayer... :)
(the truth we cant know yet - time will tell - they sure do have a second chance :))

I tried to put myself in Terry's shoes, and I have to say for myself; I would have to work on it daily.
those eyes IF they have them would flip me out.
And yes the focus for now is LOVE SIMPLICITY and PEACE.

She wasn't even sympathetic or apologetic for what Jaycee went through!!! Oh how I want this woman to pay for what she did!!!

That's what I noticed in the interview also. I was also very skeptical of her claims about being in bed. She made it sound like she has been bed ridden for the past 18 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMEAMG
Back