Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's reason for Hope. I'll be praying for him and his family.

Isn't this the same cancer that guy who gave the now infamous "last lecture" has? He was told 3 months but is past that mark now I believe.

Well, I'm so glad it's not 5 weeks like is being reported and they are continuing treatment. It's still a BEAST of a cancer to fight.

God Bless Patrick and his family at this time.

this is from Randy Pausch's website, the guy who gave the "last lecture" which was really inspirational:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

[SIZE=+2]Feb 15: Six months later .... and still alive & healthy[/SIZE]
Today is a pretty important day. It was August 15th, 2007, when I was told I likely had "three to six months of good health left."
Today is six months from that day. Just to prove I'm still alive, here I am, holding today's New York Times!
I rode my bike today; the cumulative effects of the chemotherapy are hurting my stamina some, but I bet I can still run a quarter mile faster than most Americans.
The doctors weren't wrong; they always said that if the palliative chemo worked, I'd buy more time, but that it was a long shot. And the doctors have done a brilliant job of tweaking my regimen to help my odds. How much longer this will work is hard to know, but I'm going to keep having fun every day I have left, no matter how many or how few of them I get.

Isn't this the same cancer that guy who gave the now infamous "last lecture" has? He was told 3 months but is past that mark now I believe.

Yes. His name is Randy Pausch.

Here's his website:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

He updates it frequently.

When the cancer came back they told him 3-6 months of healthy living left. This summer it will be 2 years since he's been diagnosed, truly a miracle considering what the statistic are for this horrific disease. He is doing OK for now, even thought the tumors are being held at bay from the chemo, the chemo has become too toxic and is damaging his kidneys. So I suspect he does not have much time left on this earth. Because of the issues he's having with the chemo they are stopping it. Well, read on his site, you will see what a horrific disease this is and what a roller coaster ride it is.

My post got overlooked! To all you Dirty Dancing lovers, did you ever see Swayze in One Last Dance? If you love him, you'll love this movie.

My post got overlooked! To all you Dirty Dancing lovers, did you ever see Swayze in One Last Dance? If you love him, you'll love this movie.

I haven't seen that one I don't think. :waitasec: I'm gonna go look it up. Thanks!

A little tidbit I read today. Seems his wife and mom did the choregraph for Urban Cowboy

I was about to post this, too. :(
Oh my gosh this is so sad.

I just saw Ghost the other night on cable and cried my butt off and now this. I think Swayze is an AWESOME actor AND a GOOD PERSON!! You rarely hear anything bad about this guy, if anything at ALL!!

:(

I hope he lives longer than they say he will.

Patrick delivers a hilarious and over-the-top performance as the would-be lover of Kristin Scott Thomas in this movie. I think it has been little seen on this side of the pond, but it is a lovable and offbeat movie.

I am so sad over this news. I first read on perezhilton.com that it was reported in the National Enquirer. I was so hoping it was only tabloid fodder with no truth.

This is soooo sad. I can't believe this. :( :( :( Such a great actor and person. Major prayers for a miracle.

Oh no this is such bad news! I adore Patrick Swayze and I love all of his movies. What a shame and I feel bad for his wife also she must be so sad.

I've never heard of it but will check it out.

I am so dis-heartend about this. I love him AND his song "she's like the wind."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back