PayPal Donations for Documents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy to contribute more money, so Please just let me know. I use my iPad as it is easier to read laying down and the posters that made the photos accessible for iPad are angels. I am not tech savvy, so happy to donate.

Prob. a silly question. But, do you think the "price tag" for the docs is an indication of the amount/value of documentation to come?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Irishchook, there is really no way to tell. It just depends on how many pages are released. Who knows how the people in charge decide that question.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words. I know how much you appreciate the mods and admins hard work. I am very lucky to have these wonderful people working on Websleuths.

We are a bit over the halfway mark which is really amazing since it's been just a little over 24 hours since we asked for donations. Thank you for your generosity!!!! :blowkiss:

If you have a problem using Paypal feel free to email me and I can give you an alternative.

To donate using Paypal use the address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com You have to use the full address. Typing in only "Websleuths" won't work.

We are a little more than halfway there my wonderful true crime angels. Thank you for all you do.

Tricia

Hello-
Tomorrow after work I am going to make another donation. Should I follow the same process, Tricia.
Thank you for providing us with this website to sleuth cases. The mods and posters are so dedicated on this case that I will need to follow it to the end. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Time for a balance update. We have collected $779.04 of the $1,200.00 needed for the latest document release.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we collected this much money in a 48 hour period. THANK YOU. Such a short period of time to have so many generous donations. Amazing!!!

The reality of the situation is if we want to read all the documents we have to pay the cost. We still need $420.06

Please Please PLEASE do not donate if you can't afford to do so.

Look, if we don't raise enough money Oh Well. We'll buy what we can with the money we have right? It's as simple as that.

If you can donate please go to PAYPAL and put in the address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com You have to put in the full address to find the right Paypal account.

I really tried to win that 1.5 billion dollar lottery. Surprisingly, I didn't win. I'm as shocked as you are. hehe.

If you don't want to us Paypal please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and I'll give you an alternate way to donate.

Thank you everyone.

Take Care,
Tricia

Thanks for the update. I will watch for the next report...:)

Thank you for all your hard work. Donation sent.

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. We have asked about that charge. I know a couple of other media contacts have questioned it as well. The "special service charge" is an hourly rate spent for clerical & paralegal type labor - redacting, copying, etc... We have all been advised the same - assured that that charge is split equally between every requesting party. That would include all the media outlets, individuals, etc... According to the invoices and calculating the standard "per page cost", they appear to be doing that. I forget exactly what the hourly rate she quoted us for the "special service charge" but it was not cheap. We were advised of it long ago (before we ever requested the first batch) but I will try to dig through old emails and find it. I want to say it was $40 per hour, but don't hold me to that until I get a chance to confirm for certain.
Thanks beach. On each invoice, the “special service charge” should be itemized along with the per page charge for duplication. I’m now curious as to how that charge is listed on the invoice with the SAO splitting the charge equally between every requesting party. Does the invoice list a total “special service charge” and then it's divided by X number of requestors? Or does the invoice just list your portion of the “special service charge”?

Thanks beach et al for everything you ALL do. Will you keep us posted as to the progress we make toward reaching the estimated cost? Thank you.

Thanks beach. On each invoice, the “special service charge” should be itemized along with the per page charge for duplication. I’m now curious as to how that charge is listed on the invoice with the SAO splitting the charge equally between every requesting party. Does the invoice list a total “special service charge” and then it's divided by X number of requestors? Or does the invoice just list your portion of the “special service charge”?

They have not sent us an itemized breakdown. Just the emails you see posted here: the original estimate email, then the email telling us the amount due when the docs are ready. Tricia and I discussed this today because I agree we need something more detailed - an itemized statement breaking the charges down. I really don't understand why we're not getting one. All correspondence has been informal and brief. This weekend I am going to email a request for a formal, itemized statement. I will post it here when I receive it.

This is yet another quirky thing about purchasing through the SAO office. During the Anthony case we went to the Orange County Clerk's Office to purchase the docs and were immediately given an itemized, printed receipt. I know I have said it umpteen times but I still remain baffled why we're not purchasing them from the Lee County Clerk's office. County clerks are trained and used to dealing with collecting funds for all sorts of things - copies, filing fees, court costs, etc... I can't think of a single instance when any SA had a need to collect funds from the public for anything .... :thinking: (maybe I am forgetting something obvious so AZlawyer please feel free to correct me). I don't know except to assume that maybe they aren't prepared for dealing with this.

I will update and post the itemized invoice(s) as soon as I receive it.

Thank you to everyone who is helping with this ! Y'all are doing your very best and so many are appreciative!

Out of the 29,000 Bates pages.. How many bates have we gotten so far,and at what cost as a running total so far? ($ per page?).

I did the indexing for batch number 2 & I see that that batch number one has never been indexed.

I can help with that next week also and backtracking to catch up?

Thanks beach et al for everything you ALL do. Will you keep us posted as to the progress we make toward reaching the estimated cost? Thank you.

We just reached the estimated $1,200 late this afternoon. Like literally....I believe Tricia told me the balance is $1,200 + some odd cents! We reached the goal before we received notice that the docs are ready! :happydance:

You guys rock for real! I mean that. Like seriously. I really had my doubts we could pull this much together in such a short time, especially considering it came only 8 days after the last notice. The devotion to seeking justice for Teresa, her girls and her family is overwhelming. :heartbeat: I get goosebumps when I think about all of the people who truly care and remain steadfast. I respect and thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

In the best interest of everyone we're going to make a few adjustments -

There have been no new Notices of Discovery filed with the clerk since the Notice of Supplemental Discovery filed on 12/09/2015. That indicates to me that they probably dumped a huge, tremendous batch to the defense at one time. (Remember, the defense gets everything unredacted.) However, before releasing to the public each piece of paper, each photograph, etc... has to be thoroughly reviewed, necessary redactions have to be made, copies made for each requesting party, etc... I believe they are taking the large batch previously released to the defense and releasing it to the public in portions as they are able to complete the work. If my hunch is correct, it's anybody's guess as to when we will reach the end of the original batch referenced in the Notice of Supplemental Discovery.

So, what we are going to do different is - instead of "closing donations" as we usually do when we've reached the amount needed, we are going to leave it open. Mainly because trying to collect large amounts over a 2-3 day period is stressful for everyone. (yeah, I was stressed to the max over this one. :panic: :gaah::please: ) I don't think I am unique in saying that some weeks I have more discretionary funds than other weeks. If I have the extra money, I'd like to be able to contribute when it is convenient for myself. ('cause it's a fact that if you catch me on a week when I just put a new set of tires on my car and/or the fridge died, I'm not going to be able to spare the extra cash. :notgood:) So, for now you guys have the PayPal info and can contribute whenever it is convenient for you personally. That way maybe we won't be scrambling to meet such large goals over a 48-72 hour period.

We will continue to closely watch the pace of the notices we receive via email from the SAO advising us another batch is to be released. If the pace slows down, changes or the SAO office indicates "that's all for now", we will close donations again.

Once again, a sincere THANK YOU to everyone for coming through once again. :gthanks:

Love,
Beach

Batch #1 was the batch that the SAO went above and beyond and saved WS hundreds of dollars by excluding select non-essential pages (that Dmacky is referencing.) I don't think we were given that special consideration in Batch #2 so I'm delighted (again!) to realize 41% of the evidence against CWW probably includes evidence against those not arrested yet.

Keep in mind that the SAO is not disclosing just evidence "against" CWW but all evidence relevant to his case--which definitely would include evidence against other defendants and potential defendants, as well as any evidence tending to undermine the prosecution's case. Therefore, if anything about MS's involvement at all is being held back, it's being held back (from the public) under the specific exception about compromising an ongoing investigation. CWW and his attorneys would still need to see that stuff, though, even if we don't.

Thanks !

Update
Still no word this week on pending release of the 4th batch of docs. :sigh: Hopefully, early next week but just based on hope, no inside knowledge. I confirmed with another source that they have not heard any rumblings of an estimated time/date. We're all just :waiting: .

Also, we have discovered that we do have a pretty comprehensive breakdown the charges. The only thing still missing is the # of requestors. (That has been requested.) I will be posting the invoices this weekend. I still need to reconcile some minor charges including money transfer fees, etc...but I need to get those from Tricia first.

Sorry for the delay. I've been spread a little thin recently - partial forum related, frankly most of it personal. My 4 yr old granddaughter has been hospitalized for several days now and I'm 850 miles away. :( My priority/focus has been with my family and I haven't been sleeping well. So, if you've sent me a PM and I have yet to respond, I apologize. I promise to acknowledge each one eventually. TIA for your patience and understanding. xo

Thank you for you're diligence. Hope granddaughter is well.
Update
Still no word this week on pending release of the 4th batch of docs. :sigh: Hopefully, early next week but just based on hope, no inside knowledge. I confirmed with another source that they have not heard any rumblings of an estimated time/date. We're all just :waiting: .

Also, we have discovered that we do have a pretty comprehensive breakdown the charges. The only thing still missing is the # of requestors. (That has been requested.) I will be posting the invoices this weekend. I still need to reconcile some minor charges including money transfer fees, etc...but I need to get those from Tricia first.

Sorry for the delay. I've been spread a little thin recently - partial forum related, frankly most of it personal. My 4 yr old granddaughter has been hospitalized for several days now and I'm 850 miles away. :( My priority/focus has been with my family and I haven't been sleeping well. So, if you've sent me a PM and I have yet to respond, I apologize. I promise to acknowledge each one eventually. TIA for your patience and understanding. xo

Update

Awww... I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter! I know it's hard being so far away. I hope she is better soon! Family always comes 1st!

Update

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter---very stressful. Hang in there, Beach. Prayers for your granddaughter and all family.

Update

Group-hug! :grouphug:

-Nin

beach,

You are INCREDIBLE!!!
Sending warm, healing wishes to your granddaughter from here.
#FamilyFirst

:grouphug:
:loveyou:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach, do take care. I never understood why "those" people had tags on the front of their car that read "Ask me about my grandchildren"....until my first GRAND came along. Now the proud Mema to 3.

It is tough when a young family member is hospitalized, especially if you are 850 miles away. You want to be there, can't be there, and feeling so helpless. No wonder you can't sleep.

You do an awesome job here. What can we do to help? Anything? Just say the word. In the meantime just know we are pulling for your special GRANDdaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb