PayPal Donations for Documents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach, Family is first. We understand, I do. Love, prayers, positive thoughts for your grand-daughter and family.

do the right thing Beach family is paramount....... prayers are with you all

Beach- I really hope your little granddaughter is feeling better! I hope you have been able to talk with her and "face time." Connecting with technology may help bridge the distance. ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach--How is your granddaughter doing? Sending thoughts your way. . .

First, thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts and kind, supportive posts! They mean so much to me...:heartbeat:

Beach--How is your granddaughter doing? Sending thoughts your way. . .

Thanks for asking. She is improving. Though there are still some lingering issues which will require more testing, she was discharged Sunday afternoon. My daughter (her mom) is a RN and happens to be the pediatric charge nurse at the hospital where she was being treated. :) :angel:

You've all been so kind. Don't want to bore y'all with the details, but only feels right to explain a bit. It all came on very sudden. I skyped with them on a Monday afternoon and all was fine. On Tuesday morning at 11:00a, I get a text from my daughter that she has been admitted and is in ICU. That morning my daughter said she noticed labored breathing and it was escalating quickly so she took her to her pediatrician. She was diagnosed with pneumonia and her several of her lab levels were bad. Long story short, after a host of IV antibiotics and steroids, they got the pneumonia cleared up fairly quickly but her O2 levels remained really low and she was very weak. We did attempt to FaceTime while she was in the hospital but it only lasted about a minute. By then she was so bored and restless, I guess she got excited to talk to someone other than my daughter (lol) 'cause she was talking at break-neck speed telling me all about her hospital experience. She started coughing and then her breathing got worse so we had to end that call. :sigh:

I'm relieved they're home now. I spoke to both of them today and they sounded better...less anxious, more rested. Blessed that she was able to d/c the IV meds and the doctor felt confident to discharge her & allow my daughter to administer the breathing treatments, oral meds and monitor her O2 levels from home. She has taken the week off and they will reassess after they go in for a re-check on Thursday.

Thank you all for your thoughtful posts. I sincerely appreciate every single one of them. :heartluv:

Oh, and the "non-update" on the important topical stuff ---

Still no word from the SAO's office regarding the release of Batch 4. :kickcan:

First, thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts and kind, supportive posts! They mean so much to me...:heartbeat:

Thanks for asking. She is improving. Though there are still some lingering issues which will require more testing, she was discharged Sunday afternoon. My daughter (her mom) is a RN and happens to be the pediatric charge nurse at the hospital where she was being treated. :) :angel:

You've all been so kind. Don't want to bore y'all with the details, but only feels right to explain a bit. It all came on very sudden. I skyped with them on a Monday afternoon and all was fine. On Tuesday morning at 11:00a, I get a text from my daughter that she has been admitted and is in ICU. That morning my daughter said she noticed labored breathing and it was escalating quickly so she took her to her pediatrician. She was diagnosed with pneumonia and her several of her lab levels were bad. Long story short, after a host of IV antibiotics and steroids, they got the pneumonia cleared up fairly quickly but her O2 levels remained really low and she was very weak. We did attempt to FaceTime while she was in the hospital but it only lasted about a minute. By then she was so bored and restless, I guess she got excited to talk to someone other than my daughter (lol) 'cause she was talking at break-neck speed telling me all about her hospital experience. She started coughing and then her breathing got worse so we had to end that call. :sigh:

I'm relieved they're home now. I spoke to both of them today and they sounded better...less anxious, more rested. Blessed that she was able to d/c the IV meds and the doctor felt confident to discharge her & allow my daughter to administer the breathing treatments, oral meds and monitor her O2 levels from home. She has taken the week off and they will reassess after they go in for a re-check on Thursday.

Thank you all for your thoughtful posts. I sincerely appreciate every single one of them. :heartluv:
Thank you, so much, for your update. When it was all happening, I stood on the sidelines. However, I didn't want to intrude.
I've been watching for your update and I'm ecstatic she is ok; esp. with having pneumonia.
I also want to thank you for sharing your deepest insight.
Much love to you, your family and grandchildren.
If you would, please keep us somewhat up-to-date, cuz we worry about you too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Update

Also, we have discovered that we do have a pretty comprehensive breakdown the charges. The only thing still missing is the # of requestors. (That has been requested.) I will be posting the invoices this weekend. I still need to reconcile some minor charges including money transfer fees, etc...but I need to get those from Tricia first.
^^ snip

Hi beach – That’s great that you have the comprehensive breakdown of the charges.
Did you reconcile the charges yet, so that you can post the invoices for us to see? Thank you!

Beach...so happy your grand daughter is better. Please keep us updated and tell her many of us are praying and sending positive thoughts. Give us the report WHEN you are ready and can....family first.

^^ snip

Hi beach – That’s great that you have the comprehensive breakdown of the charges.
Did you reconcile the charges yet, so that you can post the invoices for us to see? Thank you!

Below are the itemized receipts that accompanied each batch and expense summary tables. (Reconciled through Batch 3.) Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your patience.

SAO Invoice SummaryPagesRedacting
Bates#EA$Hrs - .25EA$Total
12/2/2015All currently avail less generic phone data424 $ 0.15 $ 63.60 1.25 $ 44.28 $ 55.35 $ 118.95
12/29/20153082-4187 and 4250-71003302 $ 0.15 $ 495.30 2.00 $ 44.28 $ 88.56 $ 583.86
1/7/20157101 and on2306 $ 0.15 $ 345.90 12.00 $ 44.28 $ 531.36 $ 877.26
Totals6032 $ 904.80$675.27 $1,580.07

DateBatchDonationsSentSAOPaypalGas/ParkingBalance
12/1/2015 #1 $ 559 130 119 4 7 $ 429
12/20/2015 #2 $ 590 620 584 19 18 $ 400
1/7/2016 #3 $ 351 $ 751
WS $ 149 900 877 27 (4) $ (0)
Total$ 1650165015805020$ 0

NIN, please accept my apology. When I saw what we had sent to help offset the gas and parking I was :iamashamed:. Promise to make it up to you next time.

THANK YOU to KateB for the formulas and helping me format the data in something better than my chicken scratch figures that made sense only to me. I was swearing. No, really. :aktion1: I'm no accountant. I would never even attempt to play one on TV . lol In fact, I loathe this stuff. KateB loves it. Thank God.

ETA: Please submit any questions/concerns requiring clarification via PM and include Tricia, KateB and me. One or more of us will respond as time allows. Thanks!

Better late than never ... I haven't been on here for awhile, so I finally sent off a donation tonight and I'd like to say a big thank you to all who are working so hard to keep the rest of us informed!

Dear Beach ... I'm so sorry your granddaughter has been so sick - I hope she will continue to improve - that must have been so scary for you and your family - sending you a big hug!

Beach, all is fine, thank you! You guys do not have to reimburse me for any of that. As a matter of fact, Tricia asked me to send it in and I am refusing.. Glad to help. Thank you Kate for your accounting skills. Have you tried cryptography? ;--)

-Nin

How am I just now seeing this?
I'm so sorry I missed the post about your little granddaughter. :frown: It's great to hear she is finally at home though. What better care can she possibly get than being at home with momma, who just happens to be a pediatric charge nurse ??
You must be very proud of your daughter beach!
Sending continued healing prayers to your little granddaughter from our lips to God's ears. xo

I'm hoping this is the week!

If WS and the "local news" get the e-mail on the same day stating they are preparing a new batch to be released, it should be today or tomorrow. I am basing it on the Dec. 15th email we recieved. The news stations always get them first, and they started going through the documents and reporting on them on Dec. 29.
Looks like it takes right around 2 weeks. WS received their email on Jan. 12 or 13th.?
So any day now ?

If WS and the "local news" get the e-mail on the same day stating they are preparing a new batch to be released, it should be today or tomorrow. I am basing it on the Dec. 15th email we recieved. The news stations always get them first, and they started going through the documents and reporting on them on Dec. 29.
Looks like it takes right around 2 weeks. WS received their email on Jan. 12 or 13th.?
So any day now ?

The initial release of documents and public/media request process goes like this:

You send in a public request to the SAO with the particulars of such request. You have to be precise. Then the SAO will contact you back and inform you they received your request and they will contact you back with an estimated total once they are in the process of releasing documents.

They will not provide a completion projection date at any time. The next email will include the estimate and one has to commit to it by just confirming the request. At that time beach, Kate and Tricia are sweating bullets to collect the estimated fees via donations here on WS. That's when you guys support this case with your incredible generosity and dedication. Can you imagine, how much it means to family and friends to see such support?

Then you will get an email - the invoice- notifying you, that the document request is completed and you can pick it up during regular office hours paying the fees in cash, check or money order(SAO). The final total may be slightly under or over the estimate. We never know. And you get to see the SAO from inside, if you have never been there before. They are immensely polite and helpful, literally so if you are moving a mountain of paper docs..

All parties will get the email at the same date. That may or may not have been the case during the first release, but it is now. If the notification arrives in the afternoon, I will not be able to pick it up (work related) and usually get it early the next morning. Then I struggle home and scan the docs rather quickly into the pc. I really do not even look at what I scan, as I feed about 50 pages per scan at once. This helped a lot to overcome some very uncomfortable feelings during the last release of the graphic photo docs. Some of the docs were upside down last time, as they must have gotten shaken up in the container during the last pickup. Apologize for that and will do better next time.

I then download the pdf's to google drive from where KateB is doing her magic. Now, all that happens while beach is freaking out via text and phone calls. She is utmost, and I mean very utmost.., spinning her heels to have all docs in place just like she wants to have them. :) Those two are incredibly capable, committed a n d humorous!

So that's how the docs finally end up here. It is not just pushing a button. But I think you already knew that.

-Nin

Nin, please know that I truly appreciate all the extra work and time you put into going and picking the up the documents, scanning them and then downloading them all to pdf's. It's a very time consuming selfless act you do for us here at WS's.

I only put the 2 weeks up there as kind of a time reference, as to when they may be ready to be picked up. That's really all I meant.
You are loved :heart:

Nin, please know that I truly appreciate all the extra work and time you put into going and picking the up the documents, scanning them and then downloading them all to pdf's. It's a very time consuming selfless act you do for us here at WS's.

I only put the 2 weeks up there as kind of a time reference, as to when they may be ready to be picked up. That's really all I meant.
You are loved :heart:

Oh I understood, Dmacky. I just wanted to give a general insight view regarding the whole process. Didn't mean to address you specifically. I do hope too hearing back from the SAO by tomorrow. If the docs don't come in for the weekend, I am afraid I have to some housework..:hot:

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member