Peaches Geldof 25 found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was reading Bob Geldolf's wiki last night. His mother died of a brain aneurysm when she was 41.

I wonder if brain aneurysms are hereditary?
Seems to be a "genetic risk" there though nothing proven.

The new suggestions are anorexia and "attachment parenting" related exhaustion could be an explanation.

Yes on the anorexia, she was beyond thin. It can cause organ failure which may explain all.

Attachment parenting - sounds like what the worlds mums have been doing forever, without the fancy name. Exhaustion is part of having 2 little ones in nappies.

I am mindful that the women of the Geldof family have had serious and public drug problems.

I know it seems callous but calling someone "bonkers" (as though it is a compliment!) when they clearly needed HELP, is the sort of emotional blindness I am starting to associate with the Rich and Famous.

Like Gwyneths "conscious uncoupling" - the ordinary folk do it too, but we call it "divorce".

Their problems are more glamorous so is the COD....when really its run of the mill too many bad drugs, booze, the general "Im so special" attitude that turns a sad and sordid end (like Paulas) into a made for tv tragedy of titanic proportions.

Eta; those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

Paula and now Peaches both died lonely deaths while everyone around them insisted they were "fine".

Maybe PND is the undrlying cause, maybe just heroin addiction.

Where were the boys when she died? Alone in their cots or had someone already removed them?

Tigerlilly was in her cot when her mother OD'd...

Those poor babies.

A Scientology cleanse… seems that is the rumbling on blind gossip sites. :(

Peaches Geldof was warned juicing diet could cause death; Fifi Geldof says ‘beautiful’ sister will never be forgotten

Peaches Geldof had been warned that her rapid dieting could bring on a heart attack

I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It’s gross. I do it usually for about a month,” Peaches told OK! magazine.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ver-be-forgotten/story-fnk826rj-1226878236306

I just remembered her for her wild teen years and the baby falling out of his stroller. When I first saw she had passed, I too figured drug overdose. Then I watched her on a show debating attachment parenting and she handled herself very well. I also looked at her instagram and twitter accounts and came away feeling broken, as I do when the world has lost a shining star. Her love for her children was apparent, and they looked like the happiest children ever. She seemed determined to be the best mom possible and from the looks of it, was succeding. The only thing alarming was how thin she had become. I'd imagine this is anorexia related. My heart breaks for her family, and especially those poor babies who will never know the beautiful mother who doted on them. RIP Peaches.

The new suggestions are anorexia and "attachment parenting" related exhaustion could be an explanation.

Yes on the anorexia, she was beyond thin. It can cause organ failure which may explain all.

Attachment parenting - sounds like what the worlds mums have been doing forever, without the fancy name. Exhaustion is part of having 2 little ones in nappies.

I am mindful that the women of the Geldof family have had serious and public drug problems.

I know it seems callous but calling someone "bonkers" (as though it is a compliment!) when they clearly needed HELP, is the sort of emotional blindness I am starting to associate with the Rich and Famous.

Like Gwyneths "conscious uncoupling" - the ordinary folk do it too, but we call it "divorce".

Their problems are more glamorous so is the COD....when really its run of the mill too many bad drugs, booze, the general "Im so special" attitude that turns a sad and sordid end (like Paulas) into a made for tv tragedy of titanic proportions.

I tried to google attachment parenting, but it didn't make much sense. I agree with responding immediately to infants crying, but can't imagine feeding babies and toddlers on demand without any sort of schedule. Most babies and kids want to eat at about the intervals that experts say they do, and it's no big deal. Moms have done it for years. What Peaches breastfeeding?

I tried to google attachment parenting, but it didn't make much sense. I agree with responding immediately to infants crying, but can't imagine feeding babies and toddlers on demand without any sort of schedule. Most babies and kids want to eat at about the intervals that experts say they do, and it's no big deal. Moms have done it for years. What Peaches breastfeeding?

According to this 2013 article, she was. Don't they breastfeed their children for some time, so wouldn't she be breastfeeding both children?

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...-Dumping-After-Lily-Allen-Breastfeeding-Tweet

Poor lovely woman. Her life was hard growing up, and yet she'd seemed to come out of it quite strong and together. :(

I'm not sure it was anorexia or dieting - but if she was cleansing (via juicing) just
for health reasons, plus nursing, I would imagine she could have been nutritionally depleted (obviously not the medical term there!), maybe electrolytes etc out of balance. And she was slim to begin with. Not a lot of room for error there.

So sad for the family. They definitely seem to have more than their "fair share" (if there could ever be such a thing) of heartache and tragedy. :(

Attachment parenting grew out of a sort of reaction against the old school strict-schedules-for-everything/cry it out/don't spoil the child school/bottlefeeding is superior style of parenting that became popular in the US (and to a lesser extent, the UK) during the early part of the 20th century and remained the done thing up through the 70s for the most part. It's more of a natural way of parenting.

Of course as with everything and anything, it has its share of devotees who take it as more of a law handed down in stone than as sensible guidelines, and who will berate any mom who say, has to give a bottle of formula or breast milk because she's working, but for the most part it's simply a less rigid way of parenting that follows the way most of the rest of the world has parented to one degree or another forever.

I happened to be awake when the news first broke out a couple of days ago. I was stunned. No words to describe this tragedy. A young woman who overcame so much in life, who dealt with much misery yet was able to blossom into this beautiful mother of two little ones. What an inspiration then. How devastating now!

I was wondering where her little boys were when she passed on. I read somewhere that that she was alone at home. That is a little strange although I'd be shocked if she intentionally harmed herself. She knew the pain of maternal abandonment and was determined to give completely of herself to her boys. They meant everything to her. Everything.

Rest in peace, sweet, angelic Peaches...

Also, I just want to say that although the idea of 'Attachment Parenting' is nothing new I am grateful for Peaches' eloquent discussion on the subject. It's the way I will raise my own kids.

The fact that nothing was found upon autopsy rules out a whole lot of things. If it was any kind of an aneurysm that would have shown. Anorexia related illness would likely have shown. Cardiac unless it was a sudden paradoxical dysrhythmia, would have shown.

Toxicology will likely tell the tale. And it does not really take 6-8 weeks. The family may want to delay the public release of such information.

Peaches Geldof autopsy inconclusive, police say
By Laura Smith-Spark, CNN
updated 9:09 AM EDT, Wed April 9, 2014

Snipped:

According to Kent Police, it is being treated "as a non-suspicious, unexplained sudden death." Officers are continuing to investigate the circumstances, the force said.

140407134156-peaches-geldof-0403-story-top.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/showbiz/uk-peaches-geldof-autopsy/

I happened to be awake when the news first broke out a couple of days ago. I was stunned. No words to describe this tragedy. A young woman who overcame so much in life, who dealt with much misery yet was able to blossom into this beautiful mother of two little ones. What an inspiration then. How devastating now!

I was wondering where her little boys were when she passed on. I read somewhere that that she was alone at home. That is a little strange although I'd be shocked if she intentionally harmed herself. She knew the pain of maternal abandonment and was determined to give completely of herself to her boys. They meant everything to her. Everything.

Rest in peace, sweet, angelic Peaches...

BBM
I read that her husband and the boys were visiting his parents. I read that in an article on the Daily Mail site, but now I can't find the exact article.

ETA: found it.

"It is believed Tom was visiting his parents in South-East London with the two boys when she died."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oss-worried-family-friends.html#ixzz2yPMmfcvL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM
I read that her husband and the boys were visiting his parents. I read that in an article on the Daily Mail site, but now I can't find the exact article.

ETA: found it.

"It is believed Tom was visiting his parents in South-East London with the two boys when she died."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oss-worried-family-friends.html#ixzz2yPMmfcvL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you. What a strange coincidence.

Thank you. What a strange coincidence.

Either "coincidence" or he had taken the boys for safety reasons.

If she was using drugs she was rendering herself "unfit" and could have been worried about losing them altogether.

The trigger for her mothers downfall was the custody battle with Sir Bob. She loved her kids too but just wasnt able to stay sober.

Tragic death caused by a drug binge excacerbated by Anorexia and grief.

Poor thing. So much pain.

History has repeated itself, it does if no one learns from it. Peaches even married a Bob lookalike.

RIP

Either "coincidence" or he had taken the boys for safety reasons.

If she was using drugs she was rendering herself "unfit" and could have been worried about losing them altogether.

The trigger for her mothers downfall was the custody battle with Sir Bob. She loved her kids too but just wasnt able to stay sober.

Tragic death caused by a drug binge excacerbated by Anorexia and grief.

Poor thing. So much pain.

History has repeated itself, it does if no one learns from it. Peaches even married a Bob lookalike.

RIP

I was not there and I only know what had been written at the time, with that said I wish Michael had never met PY.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back