Peaches Geldof 25 found dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the Daily Mail article linked above, a coroner states that her knuckles on one hand were enlarged and darkened, and that this doesn't occur overnight.
He said the only time he has seen this particular finding on one hand only of a young woman was if she was bulimic.

I looked up all the symptoms of bulimia and yes, damage to fingers from gagging one's self is a frequent symptom of bulimia. I didn't know this. It's also possible, to me, at least, from looking at her last photos, that she was also anorexic and possibly still did have a drug or alcohol abuse problem. Notice I said " possibly".
The hereditary tendency for eating disorders and substance abuse are very high.
I don't think Peaches meant to die.. unless something we are unaware of caused her husband to leave with her babies, and she thought she would lose them. It's unusual to me that if she was so into attachment parenting and prolonged breastfeeding, that he would take both children, including the one who was not yet a year old away from her. Why didn't she go with them?
( I realize there are many food substitutes to nursing children that age but that defeats the stated purpose of attachment parenting).

Lots of questions about her last weeks and days on this earth. People can hide a boatload of pain with pretty words about love and loving, with designer clothes and great hair and makeup and a beautiful smile. Remember Karen Carpenter?
Peaches was on twitter almost constantly, it is said. Her friends said she was always looking for self- worth through the boys' photos and announcements all during the day about what she was doing with them.
I think there was a lot of hidden pain related to her past, plus her husband losing his band may have been a shock to her. Women with a lot of insecurity need a strong, stable man in their lives. His loss of income may have really unsettled her and led to deeper and darker thoughts which had roots in her past, especially with him having left their country home with the boys for a visit in London.

None of this may be true, or if it is, not provable, but to me, there is evidence of illness underneath the surface of her made- over "healthy" lifestyle. It's very sad, no matter what. She was such a pretty young lady, and I know she loved the family she had made.

Peaches Geldof's Body Released to Family for Funeral
By Tim Nudd
04/10/2014 at 09:40 AM EDT

Snipped:

"We can confirm that the body has been released to the family for funeral arrangements to be made," a spokesman for the North West Kent coroner told the BBC.

peaches-geldof-02-300.jpg

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20805455,00.html

WOW take a zoom in on her right hand, knuckles are a mess. Wonder when that was taken.

WOW take a zoom in on her right hand, knuckles are a mess. Wonder when that was taken.

Hi, Elley Mae! It was taken last June, per this article. Lots more photos there as well. Snipped:

She only gave birth to her second son less than two months ago but Peaches Geldof is already looking more trim than ever.

The reformed wild child showed off her post pregnancy body to full effect on Friday night as she turned up to the Raffaello Summer Day in Berlin, Germany.

Knowing how to flatter her figure even more, Peaches opted for a tiny LBD to party in for the evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-LBD-attends-Raffaello-Summer-Day-Berlin.html

Elley Mae, and all, not sure if you read my post but a coroner in the U.K. has seen photos of this and says that in every case, when only the knuckles are swollen and discolored, the person, usually a young female, had suffered from active bulimia.
Medical literature backs up his statement of chronic changes to the appearance of one hand or a few fingers due to inducing vomiting chronically.

This photo shows swollen knuckles on one hand. No other damage evident. No cuts, bruises, just the swelling and generalized discoloration he spoke of. Bless her heart if this is what she was doing. I can't imagine the physical and emotional pain.

Edited to add: The 3rd photo in the grouping shows that the knuckle swelling and redness is present on the right index and middle fingers. The two fingers most people would use to induce vomiting due to length.

Wow, so obvious seeing her knuckles in that picture now. But I guess not something that would be noticed if you're not looking for it.

Poor thing. :(

Also, I just want to say that although the idea of 'Attachment Parenting' is nothing new I am grateful for Peaches' eloquent discussion on the subject. It's the way I will raise my own kids.

me too. AP mom here. neither parents nor children die from addressing their needs in a timely manner.

Elley Mae, and all, not sure if you read my post but a coroner in the U.K. has seen photos of this and says that in every case, when only the knuckles are swollen and discolored, the person, usually a young female, had suffered from active bulimia.
Medical literature backs up his statement of chronic changes to the appearance of one hand or a few fingers due to inducing vomiting chronically.

This photo shows swollen knuckles on one hand. No other damage evident. No cuts, bruises, just the swelling and generalized discoloration he spoke of. Bless her heart if this is what she was doing. I can't imagine the physical and emotional pain.

Edited to add: The 3rd photo in the grouping shows that the knuckle swelling and redness is present on the right index and middle fingers. The two fingers most people would use to induce vomiting due to length.

Yes I did. Thanks for that. When I saw this picture I immediately looked at her hand to see what it looked like and dang if I didn't know better I would have thought she had been punching something. I never heard about the bulimia thing and the hand. It's so sad that no one saw that and if they did should have tried to have a talk about it, something. idk jmo

I don't think the father taking his kids to see their grandparents is anything nefarious at all. I cannot wrap my head around those cherished children needing protection from the mother who vowed to never let her children down. The poor girl deserved a little time to herself. For all we know, her husband is the one who quit the band to spend more time with his family. I read that she's worth $10,000,000 so I doubt money was an issue.

Issues-wise, it probably would have been more than enough to have had a mother acknowledged as perhaps the beautiful woman of her day. Then came the rest. Poor Peaches.

There are a couple of things I find a little odd about this.

It is said the alarm was raised by a concerned family member who called the police. If her hubby was at his parents, that is about a 20 minute drive away (New Eltham). I wonder who would contact the police before giving Thomas a call to nip down the motorway and check on her?

Secondly, Sir Bob's statement came very soon after the death was announced. I am more used to the family making a statement in the days after the death, not the hours.

Not sure where those thoughts are leading me to, but they stood out as being unusual.

I don't think the father taking his kids to see their grandparents is anything nefarious at all. I cannot wrap my head around those cherished children needing protection from the mother who vowed to never let her children down. The poor girl deserved a little time to herself. For all we know, her husband is the one who quit the band to spend more time with his family. I read that she's worth $10,000,000 so I doubt money was an issue.

Normally, no, but as Peaches practised Attachment Parenting, having her two babies taken away "visiting" IS nefarious.

AP means your babies go NOWHERE without you.

I believe Thomas took the boys for safety reasons, and it was possibly HE who called the police out of concern for Peaches state of mind.

Losing her babies, even temporarily, would destroy her emotionally.

She clearly was just hanging on despite the apparent happiness of her life.

She spoke of her mother's death and how she wasn't "allowed" to grieve, sent back to school the next day like nothing happened.

This was her father's decision. The same man who apparently looked the other way while she played out her grief publicly over the last decade, and privately too (bulimia).

I don't know, there's just too much falseness with celebrity. Other people struggle, cry, break down, divorce, have eating disorders, but they have to eventually FACE their problems. Celebrities seem to not only ignore the issues, but to dress them up as NON ISSUES meanwhile dying inside.

I'm thinking Amy Winehouse, Charlotte Dawson down here, that beautiful girl from the Bachelor - young, beautiful, talented, on the top of their game but it's all a lie.

So sad. So preventable.

She made many, many appearances without her kids. I don't think attachment parenting means you have to be with the children 24/7. I read about her reaction to her mom's death, and I personally didn't take away from it that she was forbidden to grieve, just that it didn't hit her for 5 years. I don't think no matter how burned out she was she would ever be a threat to anyone, let alone the boys. Did you see her twitter? Or instagram? Maybe it's just me, but I could feel the love she had for them. I think that if her husband had tried to reach her on her cell phone, and she didn't answer, he'd probably try on a land line. If he couldn't reach her either way, alarms would go off. The girl had her phone in hand almost constantly. It's funny, a week ago, I thought she was just a British Paris Hilton, and today, I feel defensive of her. lol

She made many, many appearances without her kids. I don't think attachment parenting means you have to be with the children 24/7. I read about her reaction to her mom's death, and I personally didn't take away from it that she was forbidden to grieve, just that it didn't hit her for 5 years. I don't think no matter how burned out she was she would ever be a threat to anyone, let alone the boys. Did you see her twitter? Or instagram? Maybe it's just me, but I could feel the love she had for them. I think that if her husband had tried to reach her on her cell phone, and she didn't answer, he'd probably try on a land line. If he couldn't reach her either way, alarms would go off. The girl had her phone in hand almost constantly. It's funny, a week ago, I thought she was just a British Paris Hilton, and today, I feel defensive of her. lol

I never ever said she didn't love her children. It's obvious she adored them...just not herself. You don't need to defend her, my heart absolutely bleeds for her and her babies. This is a true tragedy.

Her own mother loved her and her sisters. Her death was by heroin overdose, but it was in response to fears she was going to lose custody of them herself.

The trouble with addiction is it never really goes away and it will rear its ugly head when it's least expected. It's now fairly obvious Peaches was subtly destroying herself physically with bulimia, which is also an illness that needs treatment not shuffling under the metaphorical carpet.

People are now saying "why didn't anyone say anything" because experts are telling us her physical state was diagnosable by just looking at her.

Why didn't anyone say anything?

I hope you get what I mean. It's a complete repeat of her mother, it happened in front of ALL our eyes. Peaches had just been hired to be a columnist for Mother and Baby for Goodness sake, yet she was clearly ill. The magazine editors MUST have known, yet still were pitching her to the rest of us as an example to aspire to!

I'm not attacking that poor girl at all. My heart bleeds and I feel p'od with the media, the world, myself, everyone who buys into the "fame" bs - these kids are dying and it's all "juice diets" and "exhaustion" whereas it should be 24 months in a rehab farm in Colorado.

The ones that cope best are the ones who have strong, loving, functional families. I fear for Justin Bieber, his drug addiction too is obvious and ignored.

Sir Bob still has Tigerlilly, who must be absolutely devastated. That little girl has suffered so much loss, all through (it seems) drugs and denial.

Please don't feel I am bashing Peaches. I am desperately sorry for her, for all of them, for the world too who has lost a beautiful caring young woman.

Our kids are dying...:(

Peaches' final tweet: 'Me and my Mum', with this picture. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26931337

It's an ironic and sad tweet.

I tried to google attachment parenting, but it didn't make much sense. I agree with responding immediately to infants crying, but can't imagine feeding babies and toddlers on demand without any sort of schedule. Most babies and kids want to eat at about the intervals that experts say they do, and it's no big deal. Moms have done it for years. What Peaches breastfeeding?

It's basically just how people around the rest of the world tend to parent and how we (people from the U.S., Britain, other parts of Northern Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Australia), used to parent until the Victorian era determined that feeding and sleeping schedules, as well as having babies "learn independence", by sleeping alone, not being held a lot and left to cry it out to "develop their lungs", was the way to effectively raise a child.

All that scheduling stuff is a direct result of Victorian era mindsets about sex and privacy and control. Nowhere and never did any of that occur prior to that era, for the most part. In Southern Europe, although things have changed somewhat due to most adopting an "Americanized" work schedule, it still doesn't occur as much. Kid is hungry, he gets fed. Tired? he sleeps. Usually where he is. Wants to be held? Oh, he is. Constantly.

And kids can sleep with their parents as long as they want to. Some of my cousins were still falling asleep every night (Spain) in their parents' bed at ages 11 and 13. (The parents would hoist them out when they wanted to go to sleep themselves).

I hardly believe any of that had to do with this gal's death.

Also, there is nothing about attachment parenting that states the parents can't get a babysitter or be apart from their children ever. Some extremists might view it that way, but the general issue seems to be about finding a caregiver who will adhere to the same parenting philosophy.

Thank you for clearing that up, SapphireSteel. It's just so sad all the way around.
From her nanny:
In an emotional tribute to the 25-year-old who died on Monday , Anita said: “My brave, beautiful girl who tried so hard to be happy.

“She has been the greatest joy, the greatest blessing, the most tender part of my heart and soul.

“I loved her through the good times and the bad. We struggled and survived the darkest of times..

“I never lost faith in her spirit and strength.

“Always held out my hand to help her when she struggled and fell.

“She overcame so much and my love and appreciation of her indomitable spirit never wavered.

“The joy we shared in her beautiful babies was so deep and meaningful and filled both of our hearts with love and devotion.

“She blossomed in motherhood and excelled at raising the sweetest, happiest babies in the world.

“She was passionate in her zeal to speak up for the needs of babies everywhere and lives have been changed because of that.

“What a wonderful legacy she has left to the world. My darling girl.

"You almost made it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldof-dead-nanny-anita-3398350#ixzz2yXpSxVh9
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

IN a chilling repeat of her own mother’s tragic death 14 years earlier, Peaches Geldof reportedly died with her baby son at her side.

The Sun has reported that Peaches, who believed in attachment parenting, was found dead with her 11-month-old son Phaedra beside her at her home in Wrotham, Kent, England, on Monday.

Peaches’ death mirrors that of her mother Paula Yates, who was found dead by a friend on September 17, 2000 with Peaches’ younger sister Tiger Lily, then aged four, playing beside her.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...edra-by-her-side/story-fnihm6nt-1226881178367

It's an ironic and sad tweet.

It's basically just how people around the rest of the world tend to parent and how we (people from the U.S., Britain, other parts of Northern Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Australia), used to parent until the Victorian era determined that feeding and sleeping schedules, as well as having babies "learn independence", by sleeping alone, not being held a lot and left to cry it out to "develop their lungs", was the way to effectively raise a child.

All that scheduling stuff is a direct result of Victorian era mindsets about sex and privacy and control. Nowhere and never did any of that occur prior to that era, for the most part. In Southern Europe, although things have changed somewhat due to most adopting an "Americanized" work schedule, it still doesn't occur as much. Kid is hungry, he gets fed. Tired? he sleeps. Usually where he is. Wants to be held? Oh, he is. Constantly.

And kids can sleep with their parents as long as they want to. Some of my cousins were still falling asleep every night (Spain) in their parents' bed at ages 11 and 13. (The parents would hoist them out when they wanted to go to sleep themselves).

I hardly believe any of that had to do with this gal's death.

Also, there is nothing about attachment parenting that states the parents can't get a babysitter or be apart from their children ever. Some extremists might view it that way, but the general issue seems to be about finding a caregiver who will adhere to the same parenting philosophy.

Agree. It's the same here in Asia. Attachment parenting is just another word for common-sense driven parenting. As you say, if the child is hungry, feed it etc. Mothers often sleep with their babies in bed and this works out better for both babies and mothers. I've never understood why it's okay for cuddle with pets and have them sleep in the same bed but babies need to be treated as though they were in some military school! Here we find it very important to hold the baby and show love through touch. It's not even really talked about as it's thought to be as necessary and natural as breathing. Mothers here give their kids (even grown adults) head oil massages as it's though to be very good for the body. Mother's touch is sacred. I must also say add that people here love for their mothers to cook for them and sometimes even 'feed' them no matter what their age! It's hard to explain this but it's a cultural thing. And as Peaches said in her interview it really is true that there are fewer mental health problems here. People here turn out just fine. Not co-dependent, clingy, unstable adults. Basically healthy and happy! And having lived both in America and East I must make a generalization that families are held in greater regard here in Asia than in America, UK etc.

I think it's highly unlikely that Peaches harmed herself considering that she had her baby with her when she died.

These children were obviously loved and this is terrible. I am broken hearted for them. I know very little about this woman, I do know she looked very thin and fragile in recent pictures of her. I would be willing to bet that had more to do with her eating/exercise habits than her attachment parenting. I hope there were no drugs or alcohol involved. I hope the family can get the answers they need

I don't understand why the media even needs to bring up the attachment parenting thing. Millions of mothers "attachment parent" their children daily, myself included. I am on my third (and final :( baby). I have "attachement parented" all three of them even before I knew it had a name. So many labels these days. For me, it was common sense parenting, if my baby cried, I held them, if they were hungry I fed them. My babies slept in my bed (they still do most nights but we are working on it) and I was and continue to be a very well rested mother. I talked about this with my husband last night, the media bringing up attachement parenting. He reminded me that it was their job to "be ridiculous"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKGunK
Back