penalty phase #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is still only crying for HERSELF. Crying because she realizes she will never have Travis now. Crying for her loss and only hers alone. SICK!

No I believe she is crying for them, But in a disassociation kind of way.. Like she had nothing to do with it.. Just sad for them... KWIM??

It was heart wrenching but I don't think she puts herself as the cause of it. Remember, It was all Travis' fault she HAD to kill him.. She has not changed that position. She made sure to make points about him in that interview even after she was convicted.

Tears....I was crying the whole time both Stephen and Samantha were speaking. I was especially moved by Stephen b/c he seems like the type that doesn't usually show emotion. You can tell just by looking at him, the toll this has taken on him. And he was so honest about his depression, that just made me so sad. He will probably have to deal with his depression for his whole life after this. He and the others will NEVER be the same again.

Also that the poor grandmother had to suffer so much at a time in her life which should have been her happiest....her grandkids raised well and enjoying great-grandchildren. Instead she died, I'm sure, from the sadness and trying to deal with his loss.

I just cannot tell you how sad I am, I could imagine what they were going through but it's so different actually HEARING from them what they went through and are still going through.

My prayers will all of them.

I actually reached out and touched Sam's shoulder on my screen to comfort her. And knew Travis's hand was already there.

Steven's voice...powerful
Samantha's voice...tender

Jodi...pathetic

oliver noodle ‏@olivernoodle 4h

@katiecoolady everyone should start coloring the moment she speaks..
Retweeted by Kathy Monkman

Those tears are only for herself and REALITY setting in

My thought is that she is crying because "oh this is so sad! If only Travis would have married me, none of this would have happened!"

:behindbar

Those poor, poor kids. I can so identify. Never being able to fall asleep without the TV on, antidepressants and anxiety meds. Thus is the life of the survivor of a family member who was murdered.

Sam's symptoms when she visited T's house after the murder sounded like PTSD (something the murderess does not have).

Heartbreaking beyond words. They can't even get together anymore because Travis' absence will be too much for them to handle. Such a profound and tremendous loss for their entire family. I hope so much that after this is all over they can start healing and eventually be able to all be together again. I'm sure Travis would love that.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 9m

Samantha Alexander shoots a stare @ #JodiArias as she walks back to seat following victim impact statement abt her brother #TravisAlexander

Naturally. As far as she's concerned, it's all Juan's fault that she had to "reveal" all these "truths" about Travis and thus hurt the family. She is unbelievable.

Classic BPD behavior. Nothing is her fault. And she has to make up emotions she doesn't really feel to appear normal. But you have to have to be authentic to have authentic feelings. As Fran pointed out she isn't even steaming up her glasses with her faux tears. I wish they wouldn't have given the convict so much camera time.

I could not post while the Alexanders were giving their victim impact statements with such passion, integrity and such sorrow. Tears. So brave are they to stand there with that evil person in the same room. What control.

The killer looks like heck. She even looks like she might have had some feelings there..for her or them IDK. My guess is maybe a tad for the Alexanders but the bulk of those feelings are for herself and for all the things she will NEVER accomplish with the rest of her miserable life.

God Bless the Alexanders. May they finally find healing, peace and normalcy as individuals and as a family.

Will Jodi have a "migraine" after lunch?

If so, too bad. Your show is over Jodi. And let's let Travis rest in peace. :angel:

no migraine for the murderess today.........

she's about to open her art show :floorlaugh:

makes me sick:banghead:

Did Stephen say that he and his wife got back together??? I hope they did. Jodi has destroyed so many lives. It's a ripple effect. Jodi needs to be eradicated.

It seemed to me the way he spoke that they are back together. I hope so. It's so devastating for the entire Alexander family. Prayers for them...many, many prayers.

One thing I wish Samantha or Steven had been able to work in was the statement their Grandma who raised them posted (IIRC) on Travis's memorial page "You were an easy boy to raise". Having raised children that statement struck a chord in me and tells me so much about his personality. We know he was a wonderful man, but he must have also been a wonderful child.

Travis' siblings made the injustice palpable. They were articulate and eloquent, and totally appropriate. I haven't felt so sad since Sept 11 2001. They brought Travis and his family to life for me.

Personally, I will take from those kind people Travis' desire to do good. Rather than dwell on evil, every day is an opportunity to better the world, to help those around you, and to increase joy. We can carry on Travis' work.

I have never witnessed anything like this.. so painful. I cannot imagine how the jury is doing having this all told to them personally.

I have watched trials for over 30 yrs now
I have seen many many VIS
But theirs were the most profound I have ever heard

Originally Posted by JustMeDeb [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443999#post9443999"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
JA's tracing is considered art? Heck, I had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid. I guess that makes me a chef.

...i had a wood burning kit.... so that makes me....?:floorlaugh:

Well.... <says borndem -- not to be outdone, ya know> .... I made pot holders with those little looms & loopy things (I'm a big fan of loopy things) in elementary school and I made lanyards at summer camp. Artiste!

------------------------------
On Nurmi:
------------------------------

Well, I must give Mr. Nurmi a "Bless your heart" today -- the first one he's gotten from me. He did a pretty good job of making sugar out chit up there today. Not really sugar, because she has sap, but you get my drift.

He's got a client he didn't want from the very beginning when he had just gone over to the defense side of the bar, & was trying to get his practice growing and was given JA. He tried to give her back, but nobody wanted that hot potato. Stuck with that prize. He and his courtroom partner tried to give her back yesterday, but the judge just told them to keep their bad penny.

So I'll give him single-handed applause for what he has done today. Talk about a nightmare of a client. But he did get paid for it.

The astonishing thing about JA's "sympathy" phase (as she probably refers to it) is now that she need sympathy, she doesn't hide her face behind her hair like on the stand. She want's to make sure every juror sees her fake emotion. She even pulled her hair back today so she couldn't hide her face accidentally. Although nothing is accidental with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter