penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truly torture. I feel so sorry for the family and for the jury. What a complete and utter waste of time. This is prolonging misery. Honestly, this is inexcusable.

Here's the list Nurmi presented earlier today:
1.Arias was only 27 years old at the time of the murder
2.She had no prior criminal history
3.She was a good friend
4.Arias lacked family support
5.Arias was abused and neglected as a child
6.She is trying to make the best of her life
7.Arias is trying to improve herself
8.She is a talented artist.

I'm willing to bet the jurors will react as follows:
1. Plenty old enough to know better.
2. Never got caught before I guess.
3. Except to Travis. And that guy she was trying to get the magazine code messages to. And that ex-boyfriend whose email she hacked into. And Darrell...although maybe he doesn't realize it yet.
4. No wonder.
5. Obviously she's led a sheltered life if she thinks that was abuse and neglect.
6 & 7. By thinking really hard about positive things?
8. My kids can draw better than she can.

So is this still part of the "fair trial" BS? I will find comfort in knowing there is nothing this killer or her team, or her friends, can do that will change the fact she was found guilty! This jury will not forget what they heard today, not the BS her team put out there, nor the truth from Travis' family. Come Monday morning they will remember it all!

The only thing I can think of is that Nurmi and Wilmott had to have some knowledge of THEIR witnesses. Geez JM was ready with support on the pictures. No way my angst is directed at the witnesses but at the DT.

How out of control are things? In addition all this time with the jurors putting their lives on hold etc is a recipie for disaster. JMO. And not disagreeing with you.

I hear you - things are way out of control. DT does not have an easy case or an easy to deal with client. Emotions run high, etc. Thanks for responding my friend. Coffee for you!

If I was a juror I would be livid! The wasted time waiting in the jury room could be time to run errands, do laundry or housework. These people probably have full time jobs that could use their attention! The defense has become so adept at these stalling tactics because they have continually gotten away with it. I understand the judge wanting to be careful and not have any cause for a retrial, but at some point she could have bit the bullet and laid down the law. I am just frustrated I guess but c'mon already! Jurors if you ever read ANYTHING here after the conclusion of this nightmare, thank you, thank you for your diligence, your time and your patience. The jury as a whole had done an extraordinary job.

I'm sure poor Jodie was so overwhelmed by the impact statements that's she is unable to speak. IMO

I know you are saying that tongue in cheek....but I said almost the same thing.....poor little ja just couldn't go on today...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch!!

paper bags??????

is she making masks for her friends to wear when they testify?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What's the do not cross tape for? Is it a crime scene? If they want to make it more realistic for media, they should put up the rope and bars like they do in museums with a sign (please do not touch).

Nasty lookin cell if ya ask me. And that makes me smile!

MOO

Mel

After the verdict..life or death will JA immediately be taken to prison or death row..or will she return back to jail for a period of time?

It's an immediate transfer.

So guys, really: what do folks gain by going psycho on this Patti person? I'm sorry, I just don't get why she is catching all this flack for doing what she believes to be fair. We don't have to agree, but seriously wth is it with this aim for public lynching anyone and anything remotely connected to the killer? I have shared on other trials with you and I have never, ever seen so much vitriol. Makes me super sad. :(

Seems to me they can't win. Damn if they do, damn if they don't. I am NOT, repeat, NOT trying to start an argument and I am not "posting at someone" so to speak. I love and respect all of you and your opinions. This trial has just really showed me a side to WS I hadn't seen before, and it has me sad and boo :(

Peace and coffee, y'all.

I am not going psycho on her...just seems a bit hinky to me that she was on Dateline and sitting in plain view in the court room and now does not want to be seen.
Also, she definitely gave the impression of being under the influence in the phone call to Nancy Grace...but ya know different strokes...

In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

This can't be said enough.

Deserves a bump.

Now that would make this all worthwhile. One can only hope this is the case! :giggle:

I would like to think that....but I don't think either bailed....I think there was some disagreement about WHAT they were going to say. JM was having no part of it...JMO

but now I have changed my mind about this statement....I am leaning towards ja being too drugged to continue...but that can change as well..... and it really makes no difference what any of us THINK....we will probably never know....so we just have to chill out and have a great weekend and come back on Monday and start all over again!!

I don't think this is anything to do with a witness....I think it's poor wittle Jodi having a headache or some sort of meltdown with her attorneys. But, I've been wrong all day, so don't listen to me lol.

Here's the list Nurmi presented earlier today:
1.Arias was only 27 years old at the time of the murder
2.She had no prior criminal history
3.She was a good friend
4.Arias lacked family support
5.Arias was abused and neglected as a child
6.She is trying to make the best of her life
7.Arias is trying to improve herself
8.She is a talented artist.

I'm willing to bet the jurors will react as follows:
1. Plenty old enough to know better.
2. Never got caught before I guess.
3. Except to Travis. And that guy she was trying to get the magazine code messages to. And that ex-boyfriend whose email she hacked into. And Darrell...although maybe he doesn't realize it yet.
4. No wonder.
5. Obviously she's led a sheltered life if she thinks that was abuse and neglect.
6 & 7. By thinking really hard about positive things?
8. My kids can draw better than she can.

:floorlaugh:

I wonder if they'll bring up her efforts to raise money for victims of domestic violence. :stormingmad:

Does the state have to pay for the DT's witness's (Patti Womack and Darryl Brewer) accommodation and travel costs as well or do PW and DB have to pay for their own travel/accommodation in AZ etc?

I was wondering the same thing. What could he possibly have to say? He comes from a nice area. But do you think he will fly back today and come back on sunday on his own dime?

I'm a bit glad that the DT isn't putting on their witnesses today. It kind of sullies the statements made by Travis's siblings. Let them have their own moment and not followed by attempts to make JA something she is not.

They said there were issues about the scope of their statements and that was the delay and consequently the adjournment.

So JA is going to speak and tell the jurors who she is? Dear me, she is even making this about herself also?

Hrmmm, I draw really good replicas with golf pencils, can cry through my nose and grow homegrown pot so save me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl