Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JA knows her best bet is DP, she will be most protected there from Gen Pop.

Gen Pop in Perryville is baying for JA's blood. Those killers have nothing to lose and everything to gain by tormenting, beating, abusing and murdering her.

IMO

This is what I get from DB:

Jodi was basically living with a father figure in Palm Desert. She worked 2 jobs and was responsible. It seems like a father-daughter thing.

Then she found PPL, started her devotion to the Law of Attraction & the Secret & met Travis and all the young people he brought into the equation. Travis was the hit of PPL Conventions & meetings--people admired him, and he had a ton of friends. Jodi then became what she thought Travis & his friends thought was an attractive partner--blonde hair, *advertiser censored*, etc. She dumped her dad & started living the life of a popular young person (until she was unable to keep up the facade any longer).

That explains the rage to me--she put all her psycho eggs in Travis' basket, but failed to take into account that he wouldn't want to marry her. She was a fraud--she superficially adopted the trappings of those who were in a group that she became interested in. Very Borderline!

I still can't figure out what in the world the defense was doing today. It seems childish, stupid and crazy. They had DB fly to AZ twice & waste his time; They've had 5 freaking years to dig up people who could testify. Surely there are some idiots out there that thought Jodi was awesome. DB even said in that interview that he didn't think they even tried to find mitigation witnesses & they sure as heck KNEW that PW would be an unmitigated DISASTER.

The court is bound to demand of a convicted felon such as Arias, what she has to say as to why the court should not proceed to to judgment against her. That demand is the allocution (also known as the allocutus) & is entered on the record.

The Moon will be 13°16' Libra when Arias is scheduled for this allocution, and that is a degree of crisis, matters coming to a fraught culmination. The Moon will be moving in the House of her statement, H. 3 and it will be peregrine, i.e., in a Sign where she has no standing. The content of her response to the challenge of allocution will be irrelevant, aimless, pointless & off base because peregrine. None the less, what she has to say will cohere with her self-appreciation because the Moon will trine dispositor Venus in perfect harmony. Deep in her interior, she will be sounding an ode to self, a Jodi Ann love song. Goddess of the bubble bath, the same. A font of talent, a bruised beauty, martyred by a life of abuse. Are you buying? Is anyone?

I understand perfectly what you are saying. A nice chart to show Arias will say all but sweet flowery nothingness :)

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube

Did anyone see Wilmott after the jury was dismissed? It is at 6:16 on the above video. She is watching the jury leave, looks down at her paper she is writing on and then her head pivots and it appears she gasps ever so slightly, and her eyes got just a shade larger, as if something went on over by the jury exiting? She hides her feelings and expressions so well, but I think something happened out of camera range that surprised her? Maybe KCL will know what that might have been.

Wow I seen that! What's up,with her brothers head backside.?

My two cents, which is worth nothing but the two cents, is that Jodi planned this. I do not believe she wants her family to testify on her behalf because until the very end she will believe she is somehow going to walkout of jail by getting another trial. I think the DT was still going to call DB but then Nurmi had his little tantrum and told the judge he would not bring forth any witnesses, so that Jodi will get an appeal granted. I say it was all planned by Jodi. She is nuts and still believes she will get out one day.

BBM. If this is the case, Nurmi would be setting himself up to be charged with (probably the wrong term) ineffective counsel by not presenting a willing mitigation witness. Why would he do that? I can't believe he would take a hit on his own record for her sorry butt. It seems to me, being found to be "ineffective" would be a very negative thing to have associated with your reputation. And, wouldn't it be an ethical violation to not present such a witness?

What are they up to?

Really? DB seemed eloquent, intelligent, and clear to me.

I thought it was an interesting interview.

I agree. Crazy people can have long periods of non-craziness. Why can't people believe that? And why can't people believe that psychopaths have normal relationships? 'Cause there's tons of serial killers who did that, too.

time to wake up and smell the moral ambiguity.

Another question I have about today is what benefit it was for DT to request this motion in court when so many of the others have been in chambers. Was this just an ego thing for Nurmi - taking more swipes at JM? Did he not expect JM to expose the details of what happened last week, because it sure didn't work in a PR sense. I don't get it...nothing new here.

This is what I get from DB:

Jodi was basically living with a father figure in Palm Desert. She worked 2 jobs and was responsible. It seems like a father-daughter thing.

Then she found PPL, started her devotion to the Law of Attraction & the Secret & met Travis and all the young people he brought into the equation. Travis was the hit of PPL Conventions & meetings--people admired him, and he had a ton of friends. Jodi then became what she thought Travis & his friends thought was an attractive partner--blonde hair, *advertiser censored*, etc. She dumped her dad & started living the life of a popular young person (until she was unable to keep up the facade any longer).

That explains the rage to me--she put all her psycho eggs in Travis' basket, but failed to take into account that he wouldn't want to marry her. She was a fraud--she superficially adopted the trappings of those who were in a group that she became interested in. Very Borderline!

I still can't figure out what in the world the defense was doing today. It seems childish, stupid and crazy. They had DB fly to AZ twice & waste his time; They've had 5 freaking years to dig up people who could testify. Surely there are some idiots out there that thought Jodi was awesome. DB even said in that interview that he didn't think they even tried to find mitigation witnesses & they sure as heck KNEW that PW would be an unmitigated DISASTER.

The DT pay for Daryl's flight?

Something very off about this man to me. He doesn't sound a thing like he did he he testified earlier. He apparently still drinks the koolaid.

I thought he sounded a little too practiced and rehearsed, although for the most part I think he would have been a good witness for her.

I suspect that, although he didn't realize it at the time, he was expecting Jodi to live like a normal adult, to hold a job and pay her bills and be responsible, and she did that . . . until she realized there was no marriage proposal in the offing. Then she simply reverted to what she always was. He can blame it on The Secret or the Mormon church or sunspots or whatever he wants, but it is most likely that she simply hid the real Jodi from him and he hasn't figured it out yet.

Daryl Brewer says that he doesn't think that Jodi's defense even made an effort to find mitigation witnesses.

I think that is BS.
I know if it was my loved one or friend, whom I believed in, they wouldn't have to "make an effort" to find me. I would be front and center volunteering to testify on their behalf.
I don't think there was anyone willing to testify to her "goodness" (except maybe her family if we are to believe they wanted to but JA doesn't want them to).

Well in your 48 years on this earth we've had so many devastating murders...believe it or not some even more encompassing than the Arias case -- murders where multiple people were slaughtered, small children, pregnant women and murders that took longer than 1 or 2 minutes. To name a few: Manson Family, Jeffrey MacDonald, Diane Downs, various serial killers like BTK, Hillside Stranglers, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, the Petit family murders...gosh the list could go on and on and on. All murders are horrible and all families are devastated. When children are involved or babies or pregnant women...it just doubles and triples the grief and devastation.

Arias' crime, while horrible, is kind of somewhere in the middle of the spectrum if one looks across a continuum of murders and murderers. That's not to make light of what Travis went through, not at all.

BBM I have to say I agree with you. Oba Chandler's killing of Joan Rogers and her two daughters was so heinous to me. I read a lot about murderers/trials and wonder if I would be excluded from being a juror on a murder trial because of it. I don't even know if that is a question for a potential juror. While all murder is horrible, I have to say the murder of pregnant women, and innocent babies and children and strangers to the murderer the worst for me. MOO:moo:

The fraudulent letters SA took to NE on behalf of daughter would have come into play?

Interesting word he used about this in the interview. He said he was "stalled"...which makes me wonder if his testimony was undecided until Nurmi's little fit. They didn't tell DB it was off, but didn't want him in the courthouse where he could be called either.

Then throw in that JSS was NOT happy there weren't other witnesses ready to go.

This is all just a scheme by Nurmi/It. I'm glad JSS said 'fine will your client allocute then?'

:facepalm::jail::scared::floorlaugh::banghead:

Well in your 48 years on this earth we've had so many devastating murders...believe it or not some even more encompassing than the Arias case -- murders where multiple people were slaughtered, small children, pregnant women and murders that took longer than 1 or 2 minutes. To name a few: Manson Family, Jeffrey MacDonald, Diane Downs, various serial killers like BTK, Hillside Stranglers, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, the Petit family murders...gosh the list could go on and on and on. All murders are horrible and all families are devastated. When children are involved or babies or pregnant women...it just doubles and triples the grief and devastation.

Arias' crime, while horrible, is kind of somewhere in the middle of the spectrum if one looks across a continuum of murders and murderers. That's not to make light of what Travis went through, not at all.

BBM I have to say I agree with you. Oba Chandler's killing of Joan Rogers and her two daughters was so heinous to me. I read a lot about murderers/trials and wonder if I would be excluded from being a juror on a murder trial because of it. I don't even know if that is a question for a potential juror. While all murder is horrible, I have to say the murder of pregnant women, and innocent babies and children and strangers to the murderer the worst for me. MOO:moo:

Hey, have you heard of this chick?
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaima_Nelson"]Omaima Nelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
She went cannibal.

Another question I have about today is what benefit it was for DT to request this motion in court when so many of the others have been in chambers. Was this just an ego thing for Nurmi - taking more swipes at JM? Did he not expect JM to expose the details of what happened last week, because it sure didn't work in a PR sense. I don't get it...nothing new here.

knowing his disdain for JA, I wonder if she is the one behind all of this that went down today?

Something very off about this man to me. He doesn't sound a thing like he did he he testified earlier. He apparently still drinks the koolaid. Maybe he is looking for his 15 minutes of "fame"?

Seems to me he testified on cross that he loaned JA the gas cans knowing she was going to Mesa. In the interview he stated he did not know she was going to Mesa.

I think he was impatiently waiting for the defense to tell him if he was testifying or not--he said he wasted the day last Thursday due to their "antics" & he spent a lot of money flying to court twice.

So the defense threw that fit just because Patty W didn't bother to even show up? How is that Juan's fault?

I haven't seen DB's interview yet but from the sounds of it, I'm glad he did the interview.
It's going to be kind of hard for the DT appeal on the grounds of "no one willing to testify due to intimidation" when DB has stated on national tv that he was ready and waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth