Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why did Nurmi bring up the media and fair trial today?

If that was to be brought up, it wouldn't be now. Now it too late. (We all know JA wants the media attention, that is not part of the question.)

However, what does it have to do with the current jury and any decisions they have made and will make? What happened to bring that into today's argument?

:floorlaugh: Not ONE mitigation witness. Wow, just wow. Jodi's plan working out because it's showtime for her tomorrow. :facepalm:
You know, now I'm wondering if Jodi tipped the DT's hand on her basement interview. She said her lawyers told her she didn't have any mitigation case. I chalked that up to Jodi's skittish nature where the truth is concerned. But what if she really heard them say that? Would foreknowledge of this whole set up make her attorneys look bad in front of the AZ Bar?

Jodi knows she'll get an appeal--it's the death penalty for goodness sake. But she just might have really, really wanted to take Kurt and Jenny down with her.

:what:
"Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis
#HLN saying family is sticking to Jodi Arias Mit Factor #4 "No support from family" instead of standing to cry for leniency"

Anyone know what, "She didn't report that income" means? Juan said it in reguards to a PIX??
How would a pix show income?

i am sorry, i hope ts ok to say but i am just so angry because some irresponsible blogger put out the private info and has possibly put this conviction in jeapordy and it just really makes me mad that some one would do this just to get 15 mins of fame and not realize all the pain it is causing TA's family, its just shameful imo

Sorry, I don't understand. Can someone fill me in? I thought the DT was trying to insinuate that JM was intimidating the witnesses.

You know, just want to throw this out there...does anybody here think there is a chance that inmate Arias may refuse to give a statement tomorrow? Just a thought...

Its her choice, same for what witnesses she chooses.

.....ummmm...
Guess I am just going to have to have my wine and cheese without the infamous art show for today........

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Hilarious ...

:seeya: Save it for tomorrow and I'll join ya ... unless the "infamous art show" has a second cancellation !

Arias trial wraps for day, continues Tuesday

BRIAN SKOLOFF, AP
25 minutes ago

PHOENIX (AP) — The penalty phase of the Jodi Arias murder trial wrapped up for the day Monday after a series of legal arguments in which her defense lawyers asked for a mistrial and to withdraw from the case.

The trial is scheduled to continue Tuesday with Arias speaking to the jury.

The judge denied the defense's request for a mistrial based on a key witness receiving death threats. In protest of the judge's decision, defense lawyers Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott asked to withdraw.

The judge promptly denied that request, too.

The defense then said they have no plans to call any witnesses, sending the court into recess as lawyers worked to resolve the next step. They later decided Arias would speak to the jury Tuesday...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130520/US--Boyfriend.Slaying/

220px-Brian_Griffin.png

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Bahahahaha! I just laughed so flipping hard. Thank you!

Can JA decide right now to fire her DT? Could this be part of the strategy. (there has to be one. right? ) That would certainly bring things to a halt for a few days anyway. It looks bad to the jurors all her family being there and no one taking the stand for her.
The judge won't allow it at this point, or she would've let them withdraw. There is no way a new lawyer could get immediately up to speed, would take months at least.

I kinda becomming numb at this point.
I don't even know how I feel.
I have been angry, annoyed, heart broken, tired, and all other emotions.

So with that thought I think OMG how this poor family feels, the Jury, their families.

I'm very upset by how many families JA has affected in such a negative way.
I believe the justice system needs to be changed.

That was brilliant of her. She saw right through the defense trying to call this very unlikely witness, KNOWING her drug arrests, etc. They KNEW what JM would bring out in her depo. this was not reinventing the wheel. They knew, and guess what the judge was one step ahead of them.

Exactly. Then you have the temper-tantrum-twins over there..."But, but, JUDGE!"

Seeing Mom and Pop Arias, siblings walk out of court ....I do feel empathy for them. You know they want to save their daughter's life and it is Jodi/DT's tricks keeping them from speaking. Also, doesn't excuse the other behaviors going on. Just feel empathy for their pain they feel.

That said.. Justice for Travis and family/friends. Justice for Napoleon and Pugs everywhere
I don't know...its hard to say what is going through their heads. Nothing stopped master enabler Cindy A from getting up there and purjuring herself. Nothing would stop them if they truly truly believed her.

You know, just want to throw this out there...does anybody here think there is a chance that inmate Arias may refuse to give a statement tomorrow? Just a thought...

Or, and I hate to say this, she will have a migraine!

BUMPING -- Please Read before posting
MOD MESSAGE

READ CAREFULLY

What happened in court today is EXACTLY why we have to be SO CAREFUL about what we permit here to be discussed regarding witnesses. It is against the law to intimidate a witness. Websleuths wants in no way to be associated with witness intimidation.

I realize it may be a poor argument on the part of the defense, but it is at issue - front and center right now. I don't think anyone here wants to intentionally do anything that could give the defense a good reason, but folks, it can happen. Websleuths has been brought up in TESTIMONY in more than one high profile case. We are very visible and the defense (as well as witnesses) read here.

Therefore, ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION concerning Patti Womack's possible criminal history. ABSOLUTLEY NO DISCUSSION regarding Alyce LaViolette. Same goes for Brian.

Please understand that Websleuths has an obligation to protect the integrity of the Court proceedings. That is first and foremost here.

We're too close to the end here. Please adhere to the above rules. It is very important.

PLEASE ALERT ANY POSTS IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE MOD ADMONITION. We appreciate your help. :tyou:

Death penalty on that date would be sweet!

She should have had her attnys speed it up a bit and requested sentencing to be on that date, with a 30-60 day lag after verdict and before sentencing it likely won't happen, don't think she can stall this phase that long and don't think the jury will be out a week or more even if she can eke a few more days out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela