Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Jodi is excited and gleeful about tomorrow - she wants to have the opportunity to smear Travis one more time and claim she acted in self defense due to his 'brutality'. It will be her last insult, and she's getting a big dopamine thrill from that. :moo:

Oh I do too! Little does she know ... Tomorrow will be the day she LITERALLY talks herself to death.

Beach's notice is exactly why it's important to not get SO EMOTIONAL that dishes, plates, glassware, people, reputations and whatnot get thrown in exasperation. If it's too painful to watch a trial (any trial, but particularly this trial), step away. This trial is not unusual. Those of us who have seen a lot of trials have seen lots and lots of defense games (and a few by prosecution teams as well).

TA's family has already gotten justice. A 1st degree murder conviction *is* justice. The rest is just gravy.

Sister wears a "Survivor" shirt to court today

BKu14ovCEAQnjiN.jpg:large

Nope. I think she can't wait! This is her show, she will try to have the last word. Not that it will save her, but she wants the stage. ALL ABOUT HER!
IMHO, she'll end up making a rambling allocution, but it won't be tomorrow. I predict she'll end up sick or otherwise unavailable until after the Memorial Day long weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if a JA supporter sent a fake death threat to Arias' friend just to create this sort of mistrial/appeal drama.

As far as JA's sister wearing a DV shirt I'm not surprised. That's all I'll say. You guys read between the lines. ;)

The jury was shown the sister's picture a number of times. She is sitting right there with the family plus there is a strong resemblance to Jodi. The jury certainly knows who the family is. My point was they would not know about the shirt and would be left to come to their own conclusions. I'm just saying that for defense to avoid any misunderstandings as to why Jodi's sister would be wearing a "Survivor" shirt she should be told (the same as they would do for anyone that wears a statement shirt in court) not to wear it into the courtroom. And if she shows up with it tomorrow the jury might surely question it as odd. But this then this whole trial has seemed odd.

Didn't ALV say that the new expression for women who 'survived' DV was survivor? If indeed the jury can actually see the t-shirt and her (courtroom is big remember), I suspect they'd make that connection

imo, It's part of the DT's strategy to whine and say all their witnesses can't testify due to social media exposure.

Donovan- on probation and was not in court today. :floorlaugh:
DB - Who knows? Maybe Juan had a little side conversation with him as well?
PW- Was not "available" as per JSS.
Family- Right there behind Jodi in the first row.

Some twisted factors here. Bring on the Jodi show! Will she tell-all? Oh goodness, I hope so!

It is bothering me why Darryl B didn't testify? Something happened between last Thursday and Today as to why he was kicked to the curb as a Defense Mitigating Witness. I am wondering if the rebuttal witness JM filed was going to be Matt M.!!!! Just wondering!!! Well, then all bets are off having Darryl on the stand to testify.

Just my wondering mind thinking of opinions here!!!

I was inclined to agree also. But, if there were, I would think they could provide some kind of proof, text messages, tweets, FB posts, something. Or else, PW could have testified under seal.
If there was proof, why would the judge say that she could only "surmise" (my word, I can't remember hers) why the witnesses weren't testifying?
Plus, they didn't state that DB had been threatened and that was why he wasn't there to stand up for JA today.
Something fishy in Denmark, to me. jmo :seeya:

The judge was like the court can only "SPECULATE" as to why Ms. PW is not testifying. She also said the court can only "SPECULATE" as to why no other witnesses are being called. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Nurmi did NOT like the Judge's choice of words.

Again (and again), JA cannot stand not being in control. She cannot stand the fact that 12 citizens will decide whether she lives or dies. She will ask for the death penalty to deny (in her mind) the jury's ultimate power over her. That is why there was a weekend recess, that is why there are no mitigation witnesses, that is why KN and JW want to withdraw.

While I have no illusions that Jodi has any real feelings for anyone other than herself, I am praying she will have SOME level of decency when she speaks.
If she believes she still has a shot at saving her life, I believe she may reign in what she wants to say.
If she feels her fate is sealed, I am afraid she will do something horrible like RAD did when he was found guilty of the murder of Polly Klaas. I PRAY she doesn't!

If you aren't aware of what I am talking about:

Richard Allen Davis was allowed to address the court. He again asserted that he had not sexually abused his victim but the way he made this claim shocked the courtroom. "The main reason I know I did not attempt any lewd act that night was because of a statement the young girl made to me while walking up the embankment," he recalled. " 'Just don't do me like my Dad.' "

A gasp went up. Marc Klaas shrieked, "Burn in hell, Davis!" Then guards hustled the grieving father out of the courtroom while several spectators burst into tears.

more info at: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/klaas/7b.html

In case anyone wants to watch this again:

Motion denied and denied
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXopWnFUqA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXopWnFUqA[/ame]

Court in recess til tomorrow
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s[/ame]

Nurmi has just decribed what JM said as 'bluster'. 'When this court allows prosecutors to personally attack witnesses and counsel...and that is what you have allowed...'

Nurmi still says poor widdle Jodi's life (or account of it) will be incomplete without Womack's testimony...'that right has been ripped away from er'.

Judge. Defense has failed to make its point....says they can call any witness they want at this stage of proceedings..court can only specualate as to why Womack isn't here..;similarly WTTEO why have no other witnesses been called at this phase.

Motion denied.

Nurmi. New Motion. We (me and Wilmott) want to withdraw!!!!

Judge: DENIED

Nurmi: We are not calling witnesses.

Judge: Alright!

Wow I didn't catch that one!
Did he actually use those words? Samantha or Steven used those same words regarding what the murderer did to their family (our brother was "ripped from this world")...something along those lines.

Does Nurms have NO original material? He needs a new scriptwriter.

Oh yeah. Now that JA has been convicted, Donovan cannot have contact with her anymore. Up to that point, JA was not a convicted felon. That is what happened there.

Maybe the sister is a DV survivor. No telling what it was like growing up with JA as a big sister!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't ALV say that the new expression for women who 'survived' DV was survivor? If indeed the jury can actually see the t-shirt and her (courtroom is big remember), I suspect they'd make that connection

......Or ... it will be construed as I survived Jodi Arias

Doesn't he speak for both he and wilmott. I am confused
Tia
Kaatiedid

It seemed to me she (jw) was writing on her tablet what he should say. I have seen this all throughout the trial. jmo

The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree is so right on.
They all have strong emotionless personalities. I am reminded of the twin aunt making neg comments about the alexanders. I'm reminded of the twins giggling it up and acting like they were at bingo. Than here comes granny in a wheelchair and later that evening Hln seen her coming out of court briskly walking! Than here comes Jodie's sister defiantly purposefully wearing. That tshirt.
THAT SAID
Amazing how much class the family of Travis alexanders family has showed in court.

So she could take the memory card with her???

She is so slippery.....about "what just happened" and the gun just "went off"

I saw the direct exam when Nurmi is asking about her road trip she testifies in Salinas she got her nails done then drove to Pasdena.

He asks if she did anything else in Salinas, and her answer was "I may have but I don't recall right now"

Salinas is where she went to Walmart and bought the third gas can! She knew it proved premed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie