Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZ State Bar Rule 8.2 re Rules of Professional Conduct:

ER 8.2. Judicial and Legal Officials
(a) A lawyer shall not make a statement that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to its truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge, adjudicatory officer or public legal officer, or of a candidate for election or appointment to judicial or legal office.

I don't think it was an accident that JW didn't utter a peep today.

Doesn't he speak for both he and wilmott. I am confused
Tia
Kaatiedid

I cannot for the life of me understand why none of her family will get up on the stand to try and save her life! I can't comprehend it. They are all sitting there watching but won't get up to save her?

You know, just want to throw this out there...does anybody here think there is a chance that inmate Arias may refuse to give a statement tomorrow? Just a thought...

Nope. I think she can't wait! This is her show, she will try to have the last word. Not that it will save her, but she wants the stage. ALL ABOUT HER!

I wouldn't do anything to interfere with the case but how can our opinions be considered witness intimidation? I am so beyond aggravated that this person on trial for slaughtering someone has all the rights, along with convicted felon/friends, but no one here can express an opinion.

Do we live in a free speech society anymore at all?????
Please don't put me on TO. I just don't get it.

the whole idea of social media being so involved in a case like this is really unprecedent, especially involving the intrusion into witnesses lives so at this point we have no idea whether it can cause a retrial, an appeal, or who knows what, so imo it is better safe than sorry in posting about every one involved w/ this case to make sure that not only the right verdict is reached, but also that nothing can be seen on any thread that could screw any conviction up - imo

It is bothering me why Darryl B didn't testify? Something happened between last Thursday and Today as to why he was kicked to the curb as a Defense Mitigating Witness. I am wondering if the rebuttal witness JM filed was going to be Matt M.!!!! Just wondering!!! Well, then all bets are off having Darryl on the stand to testify.

Just my wondering mind thinking of opinions here!!!

If everyone's playing by the rules the jurors should only know that is Jodi's sister becasue of the picture and the "dumb sister" comment. I don't recall any family memmbers being identified in open court. The jury shoudl also have no idea there is even a connection between that shirt and Jodi.

Which means the jurors don't know Jodi's family from a hole in the wall. And except for Sam & Stephen, they should have no idea who's who on the Alexander side

CMja did point out her aunt in testiphony.

When asked on direct if she was remorseful Jodi was very evasive. "I couldn't believe what had just happened I couldn't take anything back of what just happened. I couldn't rewind the clock"

So she could take the memory card with her???

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

I would have a problem but it is just an allegation, I have not seen any death threats anywhere. Also the judge offered a closed hearing for her testimony. The public would not hear what she had to say until some point in the future.
You cant have a witness testify and preclude the prosecution from asking her tough and relevant questions. Its not fair to the state.

I think this is more of a ploy than actuality.

After what happened to ALV on Amazon and others trying to keep her from getting invited to speaking engagements, I totally belive there were death threats. There are some crazy people out there who are way too into this trial.

I was inclined to agree also. But, if there were, I would think they could provide some kind of proof, text messages, tweets, FB posts, something. Or else, PW could have testified under seal.
If there was proof, why would the judge say that she could only "surmise" (my word, I can't remember hers) why the witnesses weren't testifying?
Plus, they didn't state that DB had been threatened and that was why he wasn't there to stand up for JA today.
Something fishy in Denmark, to me. jmo :seeya:

I don't think the siblings need the pressure of "not saying the right thing" and living the rest of their lives thnking they contributed to putting their sister on death row.

And really, they won't change anyone's mind. All risk, no gain.

I happen to agree that no one will change the jury's mind.
I'm not sure what the defense thought- did they actually plan on calling DB and PW to testify or was that a fake out... why would they be any more effective in changing minds than family? I think it was part of a ploy.

The sister clearly didn't have a problem showing up and wearing her Survivor shirt but I wouldn't expect anyone in the family to speak out.. unless they get paid.

I cannot for the life of me understand why none of her family will get up on the stand to try and save her life! I can't comprehend it. They are all sitting there watching but won't get up to save her?

That would be JA's call, she decides who gets on the stand.

IMO, if her family really wanted to get on the stand and help her, they would. It would not matter what the crazy defendant wanted. They would try to save her no matter what. They have to realize something is off with her by now.

If the crazy defendant doesn't want them on the stand, that's the end of discussion.

I sort of shrug off most comments here about mistrial because the perception here is often that any little thing causes a mistrial. No lawyer here, but family barging through the gate to scream about how wonderful Jodi is without being on the witness list - that would probably be a mistrial. A lawyer putting someone on the stand to testify for character when the defendant does not want that person there - mistrial.

And maybe they don't want her saved. There's always that.

The defense team just doesn't seem to have been prepared for a guilty verdict of first degree murder. Either that or Jodi is messing everything up behind the scenes. I find it curious that they are asking to withdraw but Jodi is not asking to represent herself.

I understood PW got paid for pics that were on NG.

It was the same thing that CA got in trouble for. She had Baez sell the pictures for her and did not claim the tax for selling them.

JMO -JA.is drinking the poison and hoping everyone in the court room drops dead.

Jodi is brilliant -
Said no one ever.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know...its hard to say what is going through their heads. Nothing stopped master enabler Cindy A from getting up there and purjuring herself. Nothing would stop them if they truly truly believed her.

But Mom and Dad Arias have two strikes against them, their interviews with Det Flores at home in Yreka. I don't doubt for a minute that those interviews would be warming up in Juan's DVD player just for them.

I'm still floored that Jodi's sister sported the ridiculous "survivor" shirt today in Court. Unbelievable.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ... all "choreographed" just like the mom and aunt wearing those "domestic violence ribbons" ...

:silenced: can't say any more . . .

:seeya:

If everyone's playing by the rules the jurors should only know that is Jodi's sister becasue of the picture and the "dumb sister" comment. I don't recall any family memmbers being identified in open court. The jury shoudl also have no idea there is even a connection between that shirt and Jodi.

Which means the jurors don't know Jodi's family from a hole in the wall. And except for Sam & Stephen, they should have no idea who's who on the Alexander side

The jury was shown the sister's picture a number of times. She is sitting right there with the family plus there is a strong resemblance to Jodi. The jury certainly knows who the family is. My point was they would not know about the shirt and would be left to come to their own conclusions. I'm just saying that for defense to avoid any misunderstandings as to why Jodi's sister would be wearing a "Survivor" shirt she should be told (the same as they would do for anyone that wears a statement shirt in court) not to wear it into the courtroom. And if she shows up with it tomorrow the jury might surely question it as odd. But this then this whole trial has seemed odd.

It is bothering me why Darryl B didn't testify? Something happened between last Thursday and Today as to why he was kicked to the curb as a Defense Mitigating Witness. I am wondering if the rebuttal witness JM filed was going to be Matt M.!!!! Just wondering!!! Well, then all bets are off having Darryl on the stand to testify.

Just my wondering mind thinking of opinions here!!!

He may have been there, for all we know. When the DT motion was denied they just shut down all witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad