Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone's playing by the rules the jurors should only know that is Jodi's sister becasue of the picture and the "dumb sister" comment. I don't recall any family memmbers being identified in open court. The jury shoudl also have no idea there is even a connection between that shirt and Jodi.

Which means the jurors don't know Jodi's family from a hole in the wall. And except for Sam & Stephen, they should have no idea who's who on the Alexander side

I think since the sit in the front row everyday and all look alike... It's a safe bet the jurors know exactly whose there for Travis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know...its hard to say what is going through their heads. Nothing stopped master enabler Cindy A from getting up there and purjuring herself. Nothing would stop them if they truly truly believed her.

IMO, if her family really wanted to get on the stand and help her, they would. It would not matter what the crazy defendant wanted. They would try to save her no matter what. They have to realize something is off with her by now.

Pita ‏@MyMick 22s

Now that I am over being ticked off I am taking pleasure in knowing #JodiArias is spending the day in her concrete cage in the basement !!

Anyone know what, "She didn't report that income" means? Juan said it in reguards to a PIX??
How would a pix show income?

Maybe Juan meant the pictures of her wedding & pictures of her & Jodi when they were teenagers, that were shown on HLN. Don't know if she got money for them of not, but that came to mind when Juan said that.

Pretty obvious that Arias will stick to her DV story with Angela Arias wearing the "Survivor" t-shirt today ... Arias is too arrogant to plead for mercy and display any semblance of sorrow.

I think in Jodi's grand master plan, she does not want her family taking the stand because it would take away from her "abuse" and "support" mitigation factors.

IMO, if her family really wanted to get on the stand and help her, they would. It would not matter what the crazy defendant wanted. They would try to save her no matter what. They have to realize something is off with her by now.

Death threats are NOT the reason for this idiocy by the defense today--JSS told them that witnesses could testify in secret and have the testimony sealed.

Nurmi & Willmott got caught tampering with the witness by telling her to plead the 5th. Then the court appointed her an attorney who also told her to plead the 5th. Neither the attorney nor witness even showed up today, so it looks like she would have again pleaded the 5th, which means not taking the stand and testifying.

This is a defense problem--they look absolutely foolish and idiotic. There was no issue with death threats--it was an issue of the witness having personal reasons for not taking the stand.

Willmott looked positively surly today!

JMOO

From what we learned in court today from the prosecution:

The mitigation witness sold photos, which apparently may lead to prosecution in the State of California, for not reporting said income.

The witness has some drug issues, which may lead to prosecution in California.

Witness was reluctant since the beginning of going on record, in any manner whatsoever, and wished to plead the 5th, as a mitigation witness. :facepalm:

Witness, if called, would not back up the convicted killers claim of a bad childhood and abuse.

The judge gave witness the option to testify in closed proceedings, and have the testimony sealed.

IMO - There were no death threats. There was the threat of the truth coming out. The truth could mean prosecution of the witness for HER life choices. I also believe she offered NOTHING to back up any mitigating factors. In fact, I think she knew things that would hurt anything the convicted killer was trying to sell to avoid the DP.

I hope we can still discuss what happened in court today...if not, please delete my post.

I kinda becomming numb at this point.
I don't even know how I feel.
I have been angry, annoyed, heart broken, tired, and all other emotions.

So with that thought I think OMG how this poor family feels, the Jury, their families.

I'm very upset by how many families JA has affected in such a negative way.
I believe the justice system needs to be changed.

I'm with you the system needs to be changed somehow. This has been a dog and pony show in some respects.

I thought she looked pleased the entire time.

I thought she looked pleased until Juan argued against all the ridiculous BS she had given Nurmi to argue, then she looked severely pizzed. She constantly underestimates Juan because she isn't smart enough to operate at his level.

I know I've said this before, but the killer gets these ideas, thinks she's figured it all out, how to beat the system. So she jumps the gun, makes her defense team argue whatever ridiculous notion she's come up with, and it takes mere seconds for Juan to knock it down. The killer is squashed again leaving everyone on her side of the room looking like fools.

And her attorneys have no choice in the matter. Unless its illegal, they have to argue what she says. She's done it time and time again. And it's the same outcome every time. But she NEVER learns. She's so convinced she knows better than everyone around her, that she won't listen.

Isn't that the definition of insane? Doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different outcomes.

I think it's PATHETIC that Arias and her team KNEW what they were doing last week, they KNEW calling Womack would be a DISASTER, they KNEW Juan would go after her credibility and the Defense called her intentionally IMO. Then as far as sympathy for the Arias family, NOPE. I have NONE. It is THEIR MONSTER they created in Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias. The parents are the Shepard's of their children, it is OUR responsibility to make sure our kids get help if they need it and NOT just allow them to move out whenever they have a temper tantrum and they don't get their way. No, GOOD PARENTS get their kids the therapy and the help they need and they take the time and effort to take care of their children. The Arias parents let her move out as it was easier on them and by doing so, they created this monster. I have NO sympathy for them at all. Jodi abused her brother, her mother, took advantage of them...NOPE no sympathy. This game the defense is playing isn't going to work, no appeals court is going to see this as anything but a PLOY and a RUSE by the sorry Defense and DENY, DENY, DENY. It's over, no more $2500.00 a day fro the Defense attorney's a piece off the backs of the Taxpayers of Arizona. and this Judge, don't even get me started on this Judge...she has allowed this behavior from the Defense since the beginning, now look at the monster SHE has created! No respect for the court, the judge, the process. It's a circus at the expense of the Victim, TRAVIS VICTOR ALEXANDER and his poor family.

Why couldn't The Judge continue on today......?? A legal issue ? Anyone know ??

TexMex, I know what you and many are talking about, and I agree on an intellectual level,and based upon observations of her to this point

But...I can't help but wonder which aspect of her personality disorder will show up tomorrow, i.e., the psychopathic or the borderline (which I believe is seondary to her ASPD). I just think that, however infrequently, that she does have rageful "meltdowns" that are highly self-destructive...IDK :fence:

Yeah...I hear you TX. I am definitely no mental health expert, for sure!

She does seem a little "off" the last few times she's been in court since she was convicted. As if the 23 hour lockdown and no interaction with her friends on the cell block is taking a toll. We'll see. My bet is she will be up for one last try to manipulate the jury somehow. She still thinks she's smart enough to pull it off.

Anyone here with a link to the defense previous motion to withdraw?

Mark Mistretta ‏@MarkMistretta 8m

#JodiArias doesn't look shocked by any of this, so I think this whole thing was planned as "strategy".

ITA. The DT know JM's style, his MO, and they know he was going to impeach her testimony. They chose this witness, knowing full well her dicey past and possible pending legal issues. This is no more than a stall tactic and to get a few more motions on record.

No one is to blame but the DT, and I suspect the judge knows just how smarmy this ploy today was.

:what:
"Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis
#HLN saying family is sticking to Jodi Arias Mit Factor #4 "No support from family" instead of standing to cry for leniency"

I think HLN is right on this. However, jurors can figure out who the family is by simply watching. Goodness knows they've had long enough to figure it out.

Mom has been there everyday right? JA even making eye contact and grinning at her? That is support, even if it flies in the face of Mitigating Factor Number 4. If the jurors have family figured out at how many months now, they could have also noticed the rest of the people there today and how they interacted, that is, if they were to have been in there long enough.

So, my windy point is, the jury already knows she has some support. She even lived with Grandma.

Trying to deceive a jury or think they are not quite that bright always ends up poorly for the side attempting as much.

The jurors have got to be sick of the DT causing all these delays and they know it is the DT. Wouldn't it have been much better to just tell them that witness had to withdraw, put DB up and let JA have her art exhibit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela