Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly though it's a HUGE mistake for the DT to not call Jodi's mother to the stand. Horrendous mistake. Which makes me think that it's JODI who doesn't want her to testify.

Heck, JA will work it into her grand finale~

No one was there for me- then or now. See?? It's just me. Again. All alone. By myself.
I'll just go off in the corner by myself to eat worms and stick lollipops in my hooha.

I feel for JA's mother. I bet she is desperate to testify that her daughter is wacko and beg for mercy for her life, but the convict won't allow it. I don't think it has anything to do with the defense trying to make it appear that JA had "lack of support" by her family. I bet her attorneys WANT JA's mom to testify, as it's the only chance to save her from the DP.

But JA is calling the shots, and there's no way she will allow her mother to say that something is "not right" with her.

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

If it's true, then of course I have a problem with it. Her claims should be investigated by the proper authorities. That said, I haven't seen any verified info at all along those lines, so I consider these threats to be RUMOR at this point.

The defense team is extremely dirty...Didn't Nurmi visit J.A. over the weekend?
I'm sure that this whole thing is a work...

Internet trolls are here to stay, so these so-called threats aren't going anywhere...

Adapt or get the hell out of the courtroom...

MTE! People are getting "swatted" all the time now.

I think JSS should set a finish date for the penalty phase (like she did for the trial phase). Otherwise we will have more "unable to proceed" days ahead. DT team should not keep delaying the court process, the jury is ready to deliberate penalty phase, they heard all they need/or care to hear.

The defense team is extremely dirty...Didn't Nurmi visit J.A. over the weekend?
I'm sure that this whole thing is a work...

Internet trolls are here to stay, so these so-called threats aren't going anywhere...

Adapt or get the hell out of the courtroom...

Yes--there's a picture of Nurmi leaving the jail on Friday. They knew Thursday that this witness could not testify for Jodi without her past and present problems being pointed out by Juan Martinez.

It would have been all that I could do not to give the most massively HUGE eyeroll in the history of all eyerolls, if I were on that jury. lol.

:rolleyes:

It's possible some did, or wanted to... my stream was a little delayed, it looked like JW gave the death "squint" towards the jury and was prepared to write names... just what it looked like to me...

After what happened to ALV on Amazon and others trying to keep her from getting invited to speaking engagements, I totally belive there were death threats. There are some crazy people out there who are way too into this trial.

ALV was more or less completely discredited on the witness stand. And, is obvious the jury didn't believe her or find her credible. How could she possibly help CKJA? I don't believe she ever was going to speak in this phase, but the DT can claim she had received threats. How convenient to use that. Just another ploy, a lie, of this conniving DT. Just another pile of their BS :banghead:

How do you know Ms. Womack received death threats? Are these death threats similar to the ones the killer claims she received in one of her 2008 TV interviews? The ones she conveniently threw away before anyone could see them?

Nurmi complained that Juan was threatening Womack. It's Juan's job to get to the truth. And when you have people hiding the truth, or they have things of their own to hide, that's not Juan or the State's problem.

I don't believe anything that comes from this defense, because ultimately it's coming from the killer. And as Jason Lamb said so well earlier, "Jodi's driving this bus, and she's gonna drive it right off a cliff." Paraphrased.

Just MHOO.

HLN TH just said that Juan "had something" on Womack, that would make her look bad. Not sure what that's all about.

Still just scratching my head. So, JA, if you really do prefer death over a life sentence, why all the delays? Maybe freaking out a little that that just might happen???

Unless she was the mystery witness JM wanted to call on rebuttal. If it became obvious that something DB was going to testify about would be rebutted, he might think twice about testifying...

Yes I think Juan has something on DB, plus didn't he know Matt? Killer looked hateful today. her mouth was set in an angry purse.

Today is all a ploy by the DT if any of this was truthful they could have resolved this on Friday and the judge would have locked the courtroom and the trial would have gone forward. New strategy by the murderer and her DT to delay.

Patty Whoamack "intimidation" is not a valid issue for appeal. She went on TV.

If Nurmi wants a Mistrial Motion that might actually fly ...

Mistrial on the grounds that this is like trying to defend a big huge turd on brand new white carpet...

At this point the fault/blame/responsibility belongs squarely on JUDGE SHERRY STEPHEN'S shoulders for continued delays. It's HER courtroom and it's HER rules. If she would put her foot down and mean it and hold true to it then the trial would proceed. You can't expect a defense team (any defense team) to bend over backwards to 'help' get their client convicted and sentenced to death. Of course they're going to try delay tactics! Smarmy? Sure. Rare? Not so much.

In the end it comes down to the JUDGE. And THIS judge has shown some real weaknesses and the DT is exploiting them, as any DT would do, given the opportunity to do so.

I totally disagree. The defense team has gone out of their way, at every avenue, to derail and delay this trial. This is a death penalty case and the Judge has gone beyond out of the ordinary to appease these buffoons. From the very onset, this defense team has gone out of their way to totally screw their client out of any semblence of a decent defense. Their courtroom antics...including today's disturbing display of disrespect speaks for itself.

Oh man, check ths out:

Diana Alvear ‏@AlvearDiana 3m
More from #PattyWomack: "so much good in #JodiArias to be saved but then...someone's dear life was taken...heart goes out to Alexander fam."
from Phoenix, AZ

Diana Alvear ‏@AlvearDiana 16m
#JodiArias childhood friend #PattyWomack won't testify - tells @NBCNews: "I couldn't do it. People are being so cruel to me."

https://twitter.com/AlvearDiana

BBM. oh poor patti. someone else whose problems are everyone ELSE'S fault.

pfffft. :stormingmad:

I hope at some point Arizona legal associations address Nurmi and Willmott for what has clearly been patterns of unprofessional conduct on both of their parts... her with the constant eye rolling and juvenile behavior and him with the mantrums and overall conduct.

It wouldn't be anything specific to the content of this case but I can't imagine their behavior would be acceptable or approved of. Especially since both are Public Defenders I would not want these two representing my office. I hope they are reviewed, disciplined and put through professional training.

I hope Nurmi has to face this judge again in the future with a guilty client. When there is no camera in the court, he may be sorry for his antics.

That said, these rogue bold moves are making a name for him...maybe he feels he is "winning" something by using these tactics.

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."
We all know more about her life than we care to. We remember all those weeks of JA's testimony- about her bad mother, her boyfriends, her jobs, blah, blah, blah. I bet if the Judge asked the Jury if ANYTHING at all would sway them to have mercy on her, they would say no. So, as with most of this trial, this is just another waste of time. When is the Alexander family going to get justice? Seriously, how long can the DT drag this out?

I did love JSS: "and I can only speculate why you have no OTHER witnesses to call..."

How would anyone even know how to contact Womack to threaten her? I call junkie BS. Wilmott and Nurmi told her ixnay on the ugsdray, and then they needed a cover story.

That said, the defense team is desperate; they got nuthin'. DB apparently backed out or has been deemed a risky witness as well. I have no idea why they would not call family members IF they were willing. I think JA's only chance is for the jury to feel compassion for her family.

Yeah, like her own family ....what mom or dad, sister wouldn't plead for their son or daughter or sister's life? JSS has got things pegged.

I believe it when Sky said Jodi told Travis that her family didn't have anything to do with her...she played Travis and other men. "Jodi wouldn't even hurt a fly or bug"...I have heard or read that many times about her...that was her hook, I can just see her acting that out on some guy in her little girl voice, the butcher. Bet the family knows why they couldn't keep and care for dogs, too. Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand