Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan also said that Womack would testify that Jodi had a great childhood, not an abusive one--so there would be no plea for leniency based on childhood abuse.

Nurmi immediately denied this--whatever weight the DT carries. Looks like Willmott & Nurmi are pulling a Jodi Arias--their problems are someone else's fault!

I kind of figured something was going to shut down court.......CMja didn't have her "speech" clothes on. I think the jury is really going to wonder "WHY" her family is NOT speaking in her behalf. IMO CMja is dragging this out to cause further financial and emotional strain on the Alexander Family.
Why Nurmi and Wilmont feel TV coverage effected their case is so ridiculous. All of CMja's previous TV interviews put them behind the 8 ball LONG before this started. And sequestered juries? Sorry, after 80 years, they want to make THAT an issue?
They have no mitigation witnesses because there is nothing to mitigate. Simple as that.
JMO

bbm

i agree 20min after her conviction what did ja do? a tv interview. nurmi looked foolish talking about tv coverage. nurmi tried to smack down the judge. this was a liars lying case from the beginning stop blaming everyone else. jm did a fine job addressing nurmi this morning about giving patti legal advice. jmo

The jurors have got to be sick of the DT causing all these delays and they know it is the DT. Wouldn't it have been much better to just tell them that witness had to withdraw, put DB up and let JA have her art exhibit?

no, because they set this up to throw the big fit in court, try to withdraw, ask to appeal to a higher court and then announce there would be no more mitigation witnesses. this will all be part of her appeal.

Is ok Beach, we knew who you were talking about. Darryl! But, for all we know there could have been a Bryan or Brian or whatever.

TBO, I thought Beach was referring to BC, Bryan Carr, who IMO should be off limits as well.

The judge was like he court can only "SPECULATE" as to why Ms. PW is not testifying. She also said the court can only "SPECULATE" as to why no other witnesses are being called. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Nurmi did NOT like the Judge's choice of words.

That means that the DT nor the witness produced anything to show why the witness was not present.

The death threats are BS, IMO. Patty Womack is a welfare recipient, as well as a drug abuser, and she has too much to lose by answering questions posed by Juan Martinez.

Where was Darryl? No word about why he didn't show up.

Nurmi threw a huge temper tantrum & looked like an idiot.

Jodi has no mitigation witnesses because she is a life-long loser, grifter, manipulator and liar.

Nurmi & Willmott were P.O.ed that they were left looking stupid with no witnesses bothering to show up or call them before court. Jodi has no friends, her family is for some reason showing up in the gallery, but not speaking for her.

It's not Juan's fault that the defense looked like total clowns today.

I was actually embarrassed for Nurmi today. He looked desperate and foolish, blaming the court and the prosecution for the lame defense they put before the jury. I was shocked when he requested a stay of proceedings, and the look on JSS' face spoke volumes. She must have been seething.

Nurmi and Wilmott have been immature and unprofessional throughout this entire trial. I think there should be consequences for the way they have conducted themselves in court, and the additional strain they've put on the jury, the family, and the taxpayers of AZ.

After watching the two of them over the last four months, I wouldn't hire them to defend me for a parking ticket.

Here's something weird. Nurmi said that he could not provide effective counsel as per Strickland v. Washington. So I looked up the case which went all the way to the Supreme Court and learned that the Court found AGAINST Washington.

David Washington pled guilty to murdering three people during a robbery. He was sentenced to death. Washington then appealed the sentence, arguing that his counsel was ineffective by not presenting a mitigation case. Specifically they did not ask for a presentence report for did they get a psychiatric evaluation and Washington argued that they should have done so. The attorneys said that they did not do so because they didn't want more discrediting information brought out about their client.

So how is that relevant? Sounds like Washington's attorneys had little to work with and were therefore not ineffective in representing him. Why did Nurmi cite this an example of ineffective counsel?

Nurmi has always gotten on my nerves for (among many things) the way he talks to the jury or the court by gesturing with one hand over and over again and looking down. When he does this, he looks like rainman without the math skills.

I predict tomorrow the CM will go for the mid face swept bangs look

but no blue nails

Attachments

• jwfringe.jpg
    jwfringe.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 43
  • bluenials.jpg
    bluenials.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 56
Other than what was said in court, witnesses are off limits. Do not speculate about and do not sleuth witnesses. If you have posts that should be removed, please do it now. Aggressive timeouts begin shortly. If that doesn't get this discussion under control, we'll have to pull the thread.

Thank you.

Here's something weird. Nurmi said that he could not provide effective counsel as per Strickland v. Washington. So I looked up the case which went all the way to the Supreme Court and learned that the Court found AGAINST Washington.

David Washington pled guilty to murdering three people during a robbery. He was sentenced to death. Washington then appealed the sentence, arguing that his counsel was ineffective by not presenting a mitigation case. Specifically they did not ask for a presentence report for did they get a psychiatric evaluation and Washington argued that they should have done so. The attorneys said that they did not do so because they didn't want more discrediting information brought out about their client.

So how is that relevant? Sounds like Washington's attorneys had little to work with and were therefore not ineffective in representing him. Why did Nurmi cite this an example of ineffective counsel?

Because JA has told KN and JW she wants the death penalty and not to present a mitigation case. My firm opinion only.

The jury was shown the sister's picture a number of times. She is sitting right there with the family plus there is a strong resemblance to Jodi. The jury certainly knows who the family is. My point was they would not know about the shirt and would be left to come to their own conclusions. I'm just saying that for defense to avoid any misunderstandings as to why Jodi's sister would be wearing a "Survivor" shirt she should be told (the same as they would do for anyone that wears a statement shirt in court) not to wear it into the courtroom. And if she shows up with it tomorrow the jury might surely question it as odd. But this then this whole trial has seemed odd.

Maybe the jury will think "Survivor" on the sis' tee means that she survived childhood with JA.

Wasn't DB supposed to testify as well? Why didn't the DT mention/address his failure to testify???

Only Jodi wants to speak for Jodi! Not a complete surprise yet somewhat entirely appropriate that it all boils down this. Also by allocating she can't be cross examined. Jodi's manipulation continues...

Just wanted to bump this brilliant 1st post!

The DT has painted themselves into a corner with this defendant. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but however disappointing it may be that nothing happened today, this case is done... Jodi did it, she had no defense, any witness risks perjury to defend her. All the DT can do is gift her with an appeal to save her life. I'm glad I'm not a AZ taxpayer!:seeya:

The jury was shown the sister's picture a number of times. She is sitting right there with the family plus there is a strong resemblance to Jodi. The jury certainly knows who the family is. My point was they would not know about the shirt and would be left to come to their own conclusions. I'm just saying that for defense to avoid any misunderstandings as to why Jodi's sister would be wearing a "Survivor" shirt she should be told (the same as they would do for anyone that wears a statement shirt in court) not to wear it into the courtroom. And if she shows up with it tomorrow the jury might surely question it as odd. But this then this whole trial has seemed odd.

Is her sister a "survivor?" If so, a survivor of what. I would think only a victim would wear such a tee shirt. That is what the message implies. my opinion only.

Wow I didn't catch that one!
Did he actually use those words? Samantha or Steven used those same words regarding what the murderer did to their family (our brother was "ripped from this world")...something along those lines.

Does Nurms have NO original material? He needs a new scriptwriter.

Jodi is writing it. She has done it all along.
Flores told her being arrested is not like it is on Tv.

She gets an interview and says getting booked and mug shots is like it is on Tv. Then embellished with the smile and say cheese.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I cannot for the life of me understand why none of her family will get up on the stand to try and save her life! I can't comprehend it. They are all sitting there watching but won't get up to save her?

Perhaps they draw the line at perjuring themselves. They may realize that if they get up there and tell the truth, they will increase her chances of getting DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela